Developer and publisher Santa Ragione has announced Saturnalia, a psychedelic survival horror that makes use of expressionistic visuals to convey an eery and chilling atmosphere.
The game will launch on Switch on October 27th — just in time for Halloween, then — and takes place in the Italian region of Sardinia in 1989.
Here's a bunch of features you can expect from Saturnalia:
- Seek clues in a maze-like village with no markers or compass to guide your steps.
- Explore the ever-changing town of Gravoi using matches to keep the dark at bay.
- Flight and stealth are your only options, as you cannot fight the creature that hunts you.
- Immerse yourself in the stop-motion animation and vibrant expressionist art style ofSaturnalia for an eerily beautiful atmosphere that is as enthralling as it is chilling.
- Control your fate through non-linear progression and a dynamic, adaptive narrative, with unique endgames dependent on player choice.
It's certainly nice to see another survival horror grace the Switch, so we'll be keeping a close eye on this one in the coming days!
Will you be picking up Saturnalia when it launches on October 27th? Let us know in the usual place!