The latest Japanese charts are in and it's another strong week for Capcom's Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak Set, with the pack leading the charge again with an impressive 44,071 units sold. Although this is a sharp drop from the 104,315 units sold during its launch week, this is still a solid figure for the latest entry to the Monster Hunter franchise.
Elsewhere, there's not a lot to highlight here. The only new addition is KLONOA Phantasy Reverie Series, which lands at the half way point at number five. Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes has dropped a few spots to come in at number eight, and Mario Strikers: Battle League has predictably fallen out of the top ten altogether.
Here's a look at this week's charts in full:
- [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak Set (Capcom, 06/30/22) – 44,071 (148,386)
- [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports (Nintendo, 04/29/22) – 19,527 (551,997)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 10,983 (4,712,571)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 9,849 (3,205,678)
- [NSW] KLONOA Phantasy Reverie Series (Bandai Namco, 07/07/22) – 9,602 (New)
- [NSW] Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Nintendo, 03/25/22) – 8,864 (795,561)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 8,426 (2,700,342)
- [NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (Koei Tecmo, 06/24/22) – 8,039 (123,418)
- [PS5] Gran Turismo 7 (SIE, 03/04/22) – 7,759 (125,453)
- [NSW] Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles (Aniplex, 06/09/22) – 5,682 (136,066)
On the hardware front, the Switch is still selling like gangbusters, and the only major change of note here is the incredibly sharp drop in sales for the Xbox Series X, which hit just 509 units. It may be that the console has become hard to procure in recent days, but this is nevertheless an alarming statistic, even considering the platform's lack of popularity in Japan. Similarly, the PlayStation 5 sales have dropped off slightly, but remain relatively strong, keeping the system at fourth place in the charts.
- Switch OLED Model – 26,257 (1,997,469)
- Switch – 25,957 (18,472,867)
- Switch Lite – 14,029 (4,797,546)
- PlayStation 5 – 12,469 (1,491,549)
- Xbox Series S – 4,435 (141,319)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 892 (249,357)
- Xbox Series X – 509 (124,129)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 206 (1,187,619)
- PlayStation 4 – 12 (7,819,745)
Share your thoughts on the latest Japanese charts with us in the comments.
Further Reading: Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Review
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.