It was last year that Metal Max Xeno: Reborn was confirmed for the West, a re-release / updated version of a title that arrived on Switch in Japan in 2018. It's a high-octane title if the loud trailer above is anything to go by, and the pleasing news is that it's now confirmed to arrive on 10th June.
You can see some of its official description, below.
- Post-apocalyptic world where humans are endangered, and machines roam the wasteland
- JRPG with a blend of turn-based and real-time combat, with an emphasis on tanks and armoured vehicles
- Explore the expansive wastes of Tokyo Bay - Freely explore a vast world on foot or mounted in your combat vehicle
- Team up with two new characters - beloved battle dog, Pochi, and artificial-human navigator Po-M as you venture out to unite the remaining survivors
- Hunt down high value targets with over 30 boss fights to claim valuable rewards
- A reimagining of Metal Max Xeno (2018), the latest game in the classic Japanese series, 'Metal Max'
- Fully redeveloped with a brand new game engine and a complete graphical overhaul, with redesigned characters, enemies and environments.
Publisher PQube is teaming up with Funstock to offer physical retail editions, as well. There's a standard edition priced at £34.99 in the UK, while pre-orders are also open on a limited edition that'll only have 500 copies (£59.99).
Let us know what you think - are you planning to pick this up?
looks like a modern Battle Tanx just based on that trailer
So excited for this one, and makes me hope some day we see Metal Saga ported too.
Is this the same series as Metal Dogs? @Darknilious mentions Battle Tanx and I'm here for that!
I saw this listed on the Japanese eShop years ago and was curious, but never looked it up. Thanks for the news and trailer!
It resembles a kind of Monster Hunter with tanks and must be decent fun. I'll have to see if a North America version is coming, too, or else I'll think about importing from Japan.
@GrailUK Yes, Metal Dogs is a spinoff of the Metal Max series.
@Broosh I love the look of Metal Dogs. I reckon this game world is right up my alley.
Wow, an updated version of a game nobody asked for with PS2 graphics.
@Teksetter yup it is coming to America
If this comes then nothing should stop advance wars right?
Talking about resemblance to the current news!
Oh cool! Thank you for the news.
I saw it’s physical in Japan too, but the Japanese reviews on Amazon over there were pretty mixed. I’ll keep Max on my radar though.
I cant wait. I already beat all the other Metal Max and Metal Saga games. I love dighting mutated creatures, hunting bounties and customizing my weapons, armor and tanks. plus the storyline is always so cool and fun. you never know what happens next. the dialogue can be really funny sometimes too as well as some enemies and bosses. not to mention the killer soundtrack. It looks like its a real time strategy game this time around like Metal Max meets Starcraft meets Tank Troopers/Starfox.
Tap here to load 11 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...