Get this: You're a skeleton, and you're on a quest for revenge. Oh, and also: Your main weapon is your own skull.
Sounds fun? Well, it's the pitch for Skeletal Avenger, a hack-and-slash roguelike coming to the Nintendo Switch this Thursday, the 4th of November. If you're a roguelike dungeon crawler fan — because that genre certainly seems to be having a hot moment right now — you'll probably be looking for this list of features:
- Build your playstyle each run with over 50 perks and trinkets!
- Decapitate yourself to do special attacks: Your hat determines the effect
- Fight in four biomes: Dungeons, Sewers, Dark Caverns and the Sorcerer's Castle
- Over a dozen enemies with unique behaviors
- Explore procedurally generated and hand made levels
- Equip your skeleton with increasingly powerful gear
- Buy upgrades increasing your might
- Single player and 2-4 player local co-op
- Endless amount of quests to complete in NG+ mode
- Test your skills in the Arena Challenges
Hats! Procgen! Co-op! It's everything you could ever want in a roguelike dungeon crawler. Hades didn't have hats, did it? No. Every game deserves hats.
Skeletal Avenger will cost $16.99 on the Nintendo eShop.