The first major update for New Pokémon Snap is now officially live on the Nintendo Switch. As previously mentioned, this free content adds 20 additional pocket monsters and three new courses. There'll also be some quality of life improvements. Here are the full patch notes, courtesy of Nintendo's official website:
Ver. 2.0.0 (Released August 3, 2021)
- 3 new areas have been added: Secret Side Path, Mightywide River, and Barren Badlands.
- These new areas also contain 20 new Pokémon.
- Additional research titles, profile icons, photo filters, stickers, and frames have been added.
- Search options for Other Players’ Photos have changed.
- Other issues have also been addressed to improve the game-play experience.
Here are more details on the new content you can enjoy:
Secret Side Path – The NEO-ONE shrinks when you explore this secret side path in Florio Island’s nature park, so the Pokémon you see here look gigantic.
Mightywide River – A large nurturing river flows through a rugged valley on Belusylva Island, providing the entire island with sustenance. You’ll be conducting research as you ride down the river, so be on the lookout for rapids.
Barren Badlands – In this area, you’ll research the badlands of Voluca Island, where dry winds from the desert blow. This area has many peculiar features, from geysers to poisonous, gas-spewing swamps.
Have you downloaded this update yet? Notice anything else? Leave a comment down below.