Update #2: The Flames of the Nether DLC for Minecraft Dungeons is now available. In addition to this paid content, there's also a free update included. In addition to this is a free pet and cape to celebrate 10 million players.
Here are the full patch notes, courtesy of the official Minecraft website:
18.104.22.168 - February 24, 2021
Ancient Hunts are procedurally-generated end-game missions that weave in and out of the Nether. To access an Ancient Hunt, you’ll need to sacrifice some of your items. The combination of items changes which rare Ancient mobs you may encounter. Investing enchantment points further increases your chances to encounter ancient mobs. Defeating these mobs gives you brand-new Gilded gear, which is more powerful than anything you’ve yet encountered!
Gilded gear drops are part of the free update as ultra-rare items with an extra Enchantment slot built-in, making them some of the most powerful items in the game. To get these end-game level items, you’ll have to face the Ancient Hunts and travel to the dangerous Nether.
Gold Currency and Piglin Merchant
Once you get your first bit of gold from Ancient Hunts, the Piglin merchant will set up shop in the mysterious cave that’s popped up near camp. Trade the gold for items and possibly even rare Gilded gear!
Please note that gold must be earned in-game and cannot be purchased!
- Pain Cycle (Melee)
- Artifact Synergy (Melee)
- Cooldown Shot (Ranged)
- Shock Web (Ranged)
- Artifact Charge (ranged)
- Reckless (Armor)
- Beast Burst (Armor)
- Beast Boss (Armor)
- Beast Surge (Armor)
- Fire Focus (Armor)
- Lightning Focus (Armor)
- Poison Focus (Armor)
- Soul Focus (Armor)
10 Million Heroes
- The Minecraft Dungeons community has reached ten million players! To celebrate the amazing players supporting the game, we’re releasing a free cape and pet as part of this update
Return to Checkpoint
- If you ever find yourself stuck in the world and unable to move head to the menu and select Return to Checkpoint!
- 10 new achievements/trophies to unlock on your adventures
Flames of the Nether DLC:
- Journey to the heart of the Nether in six new missions that will let you explore from the Minecraft universe in an all-new way. The adventure ahead will bring new artifacts and gear for those who are brave enough to face the fiery wrath of the Nether’s dangerous mobs.
- Two new player skins and a Baby Ghast pet
- Broken Sawblade
- Mechanized Sawblade (Unique)
- Bone Cudgel (Unique)
- Twisting Vine Bow
- Weeping Vine Bow (Unique)
- Cog Crossbow
- Pride of the Piglins (Unique)
- Sprout Armor
- Living Vines Armor (Unique)
- Piglin Armor
- Golden Piglin Armor (Unique)
- Blast Fungus
- Thundering Quiver
Arch Haven and Soggy Cave
- The unlock locations of these secret missions now always appear on Pumpkin Pastures and Soggy Swamp
- The previous twenty Apocalypse Plus levels have been compressed into ten levels
- Characters that had reached +20 prior to this update will now have +10 unlocked. Their gear will remain unchanged
- 15 additional Apocalypse Plus levels have been added, bringing the total up to 25
- Each Apocalypse Plus level now increases gear power and mob stats more than previously
- The difficulty curve has been adjusted behind the scenes such that Apocalypse Plus gives you a similar or slightly more difficult degree of challenge early on, but is significantly easier towards the end
- Every third Apocalypse Plus level now requires completing one or multiple boss missions to finish. Sorry, that means you can't get to the end by playing Arch Haven many times over!
- There is no longer a small chance for mobs to respawn while playing on high Apocalypse Plus levels
- Drastically lowered the frequency of tier 2 and 3 variants of mobs (such as armored Zombies and Illagers) on Apocalypse Plus difficulty. This makes the gameplay feel more varied and alternating in pace and level of challenge when fighting mobs
- Electrified interval from every 5s -> 4s
- Electrified damage from 150 -> 90
- This means that Electrified’s damage per second from mobs has gone from 30 to 22.5
- Each apocalypse plus threshold is now also a threshold for upgrading items at the Blacksmith
- Bosses in Apocalypse are now more likely to drop triple-enchanted items
- Item drops now become guaranteed to have three enchantment slots partway through Apocalypse Plus
Artifact Cooldown Effects
- Cooldown decrease from armor buffed from 30% to 40%
- Cooldown decrease from a single enchantment slot buffed from ~30% to ~40%
- Stacked cooldown decreases from multiple sources of different types will now have diminished benefits
- Example: Using Evocation Robes and 3x maxed out Cooldown enchantments, the cooldown change would go from an 87% decrease to a 77% decrease
- Overall, this is a buff to most cooldown combinations, and a slight nerf to cooldown builds that use a cooldown armor with two or more stacked Cooldown enchantment slots. We're hoping it will free up some enchantment slots for use on other things, while simultaneously fixing a few issues with stacking cooldowns we had previously
- Charge attack damage 350 -> 175
- Damage 440 -> 300
- Updraft damage 110 -> 80
- Health 100 -> 200
- Damage 85 -> 100
- Third attack from 225 area -> 250
- Third attack damage from 90 -> 140
- Attack speed increased by ~30%
- Range increased from 330 -> 350
- Damage increased from 11 -> 13 (and 60 -> 70 for last attack)
- Damage 75 -> 80
- Splash factor 0.75 -> 0.85
- Increased quiver size by 50%
- Decreased charged shot damage multiplier from 2.5 -> 2.0
- Damage increased by 33%
- Fixed an issue where charged attacks weren't extra strong as described
- Damage increased by 20%
- Projectile speed increased by 20%
- Increased quiver size by 20%
- Fixed an issue when attempting to delete a character while on "Create New Character" would delete a random character (MCD-3468)
- Fixed the threat slider moving back to the recommended threat level as soon as a new mission is started (MCD-4640)
- Fixed the explosion effect appearing underground for the Mountaineer and Rampart Captain (MCD-5035)
- Fixed Squall Golems and Ravagers not attacking summoned mobs (MCD-5051)
- Fixed the mission image staying red after adjusting threat level from Apocalypse Plus (MCD-4818)
- Fixed German subtitles in the outro of Desert Temple (MCD-4001)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening a chest on Pumpkin Pastures during 4-player local co-op, as well as other interactable items
- Fixed collisions on multiple walls and objects in several missions
- Fixed the texture of the Redstone Monstrosity's head in the Camp house
- The loading screen now shows the proper chosen threat level for Apocalypse Plus
- The mission select map screens and settings screens can now be fully navigated with keyboard on PC
- Made several improvements and fixes to text-to-speech functionality in the menus
- Local co-op players can no longer be accidentally added if the friend screen is open after the player dies
- Fixed the Howling Peaks screen linking to the base game on the Nintendo eShop
- The mouse indicator no longer stays on items in merchant screens after changing the input from mouse to controller on PC
- Fixed a non-dismissible "controller disconnected" warning displayed after unsuspending the game from Sleep Mode and pairing a Pro Controller on Nintendo Switch
- Effects and sounds are no longer played twice for weapons with Shockwave if playing as a client
- Fixed issues with Xbox players being unable to rejoin session after losing network connection
- Improved messaging when linking to a Microsoft Account on Nintendo Switch while logged into that account on another device. The message now clarifies that "You are signed in to this game on another device. To use this Microsoft Account, sign out on the other device first"
- Goat and Arctic Fox pets now play the correct sound when equipped
- Lift gates in Windswept Peaks now play sounds when opening and closing
- Improved line spacing of text in several areas of the menus
- In rare cases, multiple Ancient Mobs may spawn at once
- Completing missions in multiplayer as a client who does not have the level unlocked can fail to count towards Apocalypse Plus unlock progress
- Rarely, rolling off the map in certain areas in Warped Forest may cause the player to respawn at the beginning of an Ancient Hunt
- The objective marker can fail to guide players through the Nether Fortress mission
- Environmental fires in Nether missions do not damage players or mobs
- The Pain Cycle gilded enchantment description does not mention the health cost mechanic
Update #1: Mojang has announced it's now reached 10 million players in Minecraft Dungeons since its launch last May. To celebrate this milestone, players will be given a new cape and a pet in the next update arriving on 24th February.
"So, what have all ten million of you been up to? Well, the Arch-Illager has been defeated a casual 5,934,629 times. That's nearly as many times as the Arch-Illager has beaten me, so I'm glad everyone collectively avenged me. The most shocking fact of all might be that you spent a combined total of 1141 YEARS in camp! I tried to ask my boss if I could go camping until 3162 and he laughed in my face. Most impressively though, the Redstone Monstrosity has been beaten a total of 7,044,521 times! Of course, there were 19,511,994 attempts to best the Redstone Monstrosity, but hey... practice makes perfect."
"All those impressive stats may seem impossible to grasp, but behind those astronomical numbers are each and every one of our players."
Minecraft Dungeons has visited just about every biome there is, so now it's time to take a trip to the Nether.
Mojang has announced The Flames of the Nether DLC will arrive later this month on 24th February. There'll be six new missions, featuring familiar biomes "as you've never seen them before" and plenty of new artifacts, weapons and gear to collect.
This paid DLC will also include two new skins and an "adorable" Baby Ghast pet.
If you don't want to fork out for this new content, there'll also be some free stuff on offer that's apparently the "most ambitious free update" in Minecraft Dungeons' history.
"This update includes a major new feature called Ancient Hunts, which are procedurally-generated end-game missions that weave in and out of the Nether. Surviving these Ancient Hunts and beating the Ancient mobs within is the only way to get top-tier Gilded gear! There’s also a chance to get Gold, a new currency that a newly-arrived Piglin merchant in your camp will find very interesting!"
In addition to this, the free update will also include some changes to Apocalypse Plus. More details about all of this will be shared soon.
The free update and Flames of the Nether DLC will both arrive on 24th February. Will you be returning to Minecraft Dungeons? Leave a comment down below.
I don't play this game a ton, but I'm always happy to hop back in to check out the latest DLC. I love the Minecraft aesthetic, and the gameplay is simple but satisfying.
Now i might get back into this game and buy dlc
Has the performance issues have been fixed
@anoyonmus It seemed okay last time I played, but that's not saying much considering I'm only on the 3rd mission or so.
Who cares until they've added Cross-Save support. Don't get me wrong, it's a really fun and enjoyable game. But I'd like to play as my high-level Xbox char on my PC. This feature has been promised, but at almost a year since launch, not yet implemented. One would wonder why... If you've started on NSW and would like to continue on the vastly superior PC version, you're stuck. Oh, but you can play together for some reason, but not load in your save.. Unacceptable. Careless. And very frustrating, given these frequent announcements of new content, but no Cross-Save support..
@TheAwesomeBowser but have they been fixed????
I wonder how many of the players are through game pass.
@anoyonmus I assume so, but I'll boot it up this weekend to check.
The base game was lacking content and now they are releasing all these dlcs charging more for each one, I'd reccomend buying snack world instead
The dlc is way too expensive also
@UltimateOtaku91 yeah each dlc takes 25 minutes max to beat. It should have just been free add ons because of how quickly you can beat them (nice pfp)
I wonder if Minecraft Dungeons is a complete game sometime... and how much it will cost then.
Is this included with the hero edition or does it have to be bought separately?
@TheAwesomeBowser are the issues are fixed????
I actually dig this game but what us Apocalypse Plus?
It might just be a local issue (Sadly doubtful) but for me, overall performance has actually become worse.
Now the camp has massive frame pacing issues and stutters immensely. Stages like the swamp which had problems before are now neigh unplayable. It still freezes a lot and, which is new, the camp now has plenty of broken textures.
Several ribbons on the shops are just plain black.
I really like the game overall, but technically it is a gosh darn mess that needs to be fixed soon...
We're two(!) season passes in and to think that a DOOM or a Witcher 3 manage to run while Minecraft Dungeons struggles and freezes... It's a sad sight...
You'd think a company like Microsoft would have stable games, but this one, like regular Minecraft Switch, has already crashed on me multiple times.
Fun to play with my kids though.
@anoyonmus i never had any performance issues
@UltimateOtaku91 Same, the original game felt like half a game.
Snack world is insane
@anoyonmus yeah i played for like 20 hours and it freezed where i had to restart it once
Tap here to load 20 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...