The group claiming responsibility has reportedly stolen about 1TB of sensitive data. This is said to include visa records of employees, banking details of customers, and "proprietary business information" from the company's corporate networks across Japan, the US and Canada.
In an official statement, however, Capcom said there was "no indication" that any customer information had been breached and revealed it was working with police and "other" related authorities.
Beginning in the early morning hours of November 2, 2020 some of the Capcom Group networks experienced issues that affected access to certain systems, including email and file servers. The company has confirmed that this was due to unauthorized access carried out by a third party, and that it has halted some operations of its internal networks as of November 2. Capcom expressed its deepest regret for any inconvenience this may cause to its various stakeholders. Further, it stated that at present there is no indication that any customer information was breached. This incident has not affected connections for playing the company's games online or access to its various websites.
Presently, Capcom is consulting with the police as well as other related authorities while both carrying out an investigation and taking measures to restore its systems. The company will continue to offer relevant updates as the facts become clear, via its websites and other means.
As noted, Capcom will continue to offer relevant updates via its websites and other means, so if we hear any developments, we'll be sure to let you know.