Pokémon Sword and Shield's second piece of DLC, The Crown Tundra, is now available on the Nintendo Switch.
As previously noted, this extra content includes a new adventure, the chance to catch legendary pocket monsters from past generations, new Pokémon, a new Galarian Star Tournament, a new way to battle and much more.
The Crown Tundra is the second area you’ll be able to visit with your Expansion Pass. See for yourself this vast landscape, with its drifts of glittering snow! In this frigid area with jagged, snowy mountains, people have settled in a small, tight-knit community.
Early in your adventures here, a man named Peony will appoint you as the leader of his exploration team in the Crown Tundra. You’ll be tasked with investigating the reaches of this frozen land—including the depths of a Pokémon Den, something you’ve so far been able to glimpse only during Max Raid Battles!
What’s more, it seems many Legendary Pokémon make the Crown Tundra their home.
This latest update will bump your game up to version 1.3.0. Here are the full patch notes, courtesy of Nintendo UK:
Ver. 1.3.0 (Released 23 October 2020)
- Part 2, The Crown Tundra, has been released as downloadable content
- Customers who have purchased the Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass or Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass can now explore The Crown Tundra
- Additional Pokémon now appear
- Even if you have not purchased the expansion pass, you can find additional Pokémon through online gameplay.
- Other updates
- Fixed a number of issues so that gameplay is more enjoyable.
If you're interested in trying out part two of this DLC, you'll need to purchase the entire Expansion Pass for £26.99 / $29.99 and also have access to the base game. If you haven't got around to Sword and Shield just yet, you might be interested in the DLC bundle arriving in stores on 6th November.
For more information about the Sword and Shield expansion DLC, check out our guide. Are you ready for the Crown Tundra? Tell us down below.