The third and final DLC pack for Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda is now live, adding a very familiar face and some new story content.
The pack is called 'Symphony of the Mask' and has you playing as Skull Kid as you work your way through a new map. It adds new songs and a new story into the mix, too, and Skull Kid is a particularly interesting character who can change abilities based on different masks that can be equipped.
The update brings the game to Version 1.4.0. You can find the full patch notes for this below.
- New character: Skull Kid
- New game mode: Skull Kid story mode
- New game mode: Puzzle Mode
- New game mode: Arena Mode
- 5 new music tracks
- 2 new dungeons
- New towns and overworld areas
- New tilesets, enemies, items, traps, and more!
- Added a projectile effect to Link’s Spin Attack when at full health
- Changed Zora enemies to breathe ice instead of fire
- Changed the Tingle Tuner to always play a sound regardless of the console’s rumble settings
- Fixed an issue where helper characters could be stuck with no weapon in the fight against Ganon
- Fixed some cases where multi-tile enemy attacks could hit the player unfairly on stairs
- Fixed the timing of some multi-beat abilities (like the hookshot) in 2P fixed-beat mode
- Fixed some bugs related to having the shopkeeper re-appear in dungeon mode after having been defeated
- Fixed some exploits where Impa could escape the map using her vanish ability
- Fixed some localization issues
- Many other bug fixes and balance changes
This new pack is available from the eShop for $9.99 individually, or as part of a $14.99 Season Pass which also provides access to DLC packs 1 and 2. Don't forget, a physical edition featuring all of the game's base content and DLC also launches on 23rd October.
Will you be getting stuck into this new content today? Let us know with a comment.