Ever fancied a job at Nintendo? Ever wondered what it'd really be like working at the house of Mario? Well, Nintendo's latest annual report gives us a quick insight into daily life inside those hallowed halls.
A portion of the report focuses on its employees, providing a few quick statistics about its workers over the last financial year (April 2019 - March 2020). It tells us the overall number of employees, as well as their average age, salary, and length of service:
As of March 31, 2020
- Number of employees (persons): 2,395
- Average age (years): 39.2
- Average length of service (years): 13.9
- Average annual salary: 9,350,972 yen / 86,583 USD
1. Number of employees means the number of persons employed, excluding persons seconded from the Company to outside the Company, but including persons seconded to the Company from outside the Company.
2. Average annual salary is the amount paid inclusive of tax in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2020, including extra wages and bonuses
Of course, it's hard to assess how much the average person at Nintendo really earns - earlier today, we learned just how much Nintendo's top directors take home each year, bringing that average figure up significantly - but it does remind us that staff appear to be pretty happy at the company.
If the average length of service currently stands at 13.9 years per person, that suggests that plenty of Nintendo's employees like the job enough to stick around. Maybe working at Nintendo really is as great as it sounds?