Bounty Battle, a game from publisher Merge Games and French developer Dark Screen Games, is a 1-4 player beat 'em up starring characters from all over the indie scene. Just like Smash, you'll be pitting your chosen characters up against one another in 2D arenas and there are 25 different fighters from 20 different games to choose from:
- Darkest Dungeon
- Dead Cells
- Nuclear Throne
- Axiom Verge
- SteamWorld Dig
- Battle Chasers Nightwar
- Death’s Gambit
- Super Comboman
- Doko Roko
- Tower of Samsara
- Blubber Busters
- Ruin of the Reckless
- The Bug Butcher
- Blocks that Matter
Each fighter comes with their own Minion companion and unique abilities, and you'll also be able to battle across levels inspired by the fighters’ native game worlds. Here's a list of key features:
- A host of game modes including a Story Mode, Couch Multiplayer, Practise and Tutorial to discover your style
- Over 20 characters from your favourite Indie titles each with their own move set and special attacks
- Each fighter has their very own minion to summon and join the fight
- Over 10 arenas to battle on–some plucked from the worlds of their fighters
- Multiple colour and palette swap options to fight in style!
Being a Merge Games title, Bounty Battle will also be receiving its very own Signature Edition release which will include a physical copy of the game, four limited-edition pins, a collector's certificate, a 34-page booklet, and a fancy box and sleeve to keep it all in. Standard physical versions will also be available.
The game will launch on Switch and other platforms this summer. Are you interested in this one? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.