If you're not a fan of being all jolly and festive at Christmas time, Tamashii could well be the ideal solution for having a somewhat alternative holiday this year.
The game, which has been inspired by obscure Japanese games from the '90s and late '80s, is set to terrify a Switch near you on Christmas Day. It's been described as a "unique puzzle-platformer set in a distorted world of striking horror and unsettling imagery".
We've got a quick blurb and feature list for you below:
An eldritch entity lurks inside the temple, a disturbing domain of death and danger. A mysterious stranger is summoned to this twisted hell to discover the source of evil that emanates from within. Can you survive the devilish traps, tricky puzzles, and monstrous beings looming in Tamashii’s dark corridors?
- Pixelated aesthetic and atmosphere inspired by Japanese titles of the 90s and late 80s
- A harrowing blend of platforming, puzzles, and skin-crawling horror
- A mysterious tale, complete with secrets and Easter eggs to uncover
- Time trial/score attack modes for additional challenge
- A ‘slow-motion’ accessibility modifier to assist players
- You'll be able to pick it up for $11.99 on 25th December if you're interested.
What do you think? Would you rather spend your Christmas in this dark, creepy, platforming world? Let us know in the comments below.