There's been a skin in Fortnite called 'John Wick' for ages, but now Lionsgate and Epic Games have made the whole deal official with an in-game event which showcases the movie character, who is famously played by the one and only Keanu Reeves. You can see him face off against the original 'John Wick' skin in the short trailer above.
The new event – which starts today – includes a unique Wick’s Bounty LTM (Limited Time Mode) and free John Wick Challenges, allowing players can gain free rewards such as Gold Coin Back Bling, the One Shot Glider, and the Boogeyman Wrap.
You can also buy the John Wick Set, which comprises of the John Wick Outfit and the Simple Sledge Pickaxe.
Here are the details of the event, straight from the horse's mouth:
Wick’s Bounty LTM Details
- Eliminating a player awards one gold coin for every elimination they have + however many bounty points the target had.
- Top three coin leaders are displayed on a HUD scoreboard (Bounty Leaders).
- Coin leaders have a gold/silver/bronze #1/2/3 icon over their heads
- Coin leaders can be seen on the map/compass when they are nearby and moving or shooting.
- Coin leaders can be seen by everyone on map/compass when they are moving or shooting.
- Coin leaders will have a gold/silver/bronze glow around them
Once a player crosses the last point threshold, they will remain on the map and have the alt Wick skin for the rest of the match, even if they lose the point lead.
First to 1000 tokens wins the match.
John Wick is, of course, a fictional character from the film series of the same name. The third instalment – John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum – hits cinemas this week, making this a canny piece of marketing. The character was previously featured in Payday 2, and will get his own outing in the form of the upcoming John Wick Hex, which is being created by Thomas Was Alone and Subsurface Circular developer Mike Bithell.
Will you be switching on Fortnite today to make the most of this event? Let us know with a comment.