Super Mario Odyssey is Japan's best-selling 3D Mario game, according to recent sales figures from Famitsu.
The Switch epic has sold 1,055,806 copies in its homeland after just 8 weeks on sale, putting it above the likes of Super Mario 3D Land (1,042,511 in the same time period) and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (680,395 in the same time period).
Here's the list of sales after 8 weeks:
- Super Mario Odyssey: 1,055,806
- Super Mario 3D Land: 1,042,511
- Super Mario Galaxy 2: 680,395
- Super Mario Galaxy: 680,165
- Super Mario 64 DS: 586,253
- Super Mario Sunshine: 581,765
- Super Mario 64: 492,908
- Super Mario 3D World: 485,013
The game has already become the fastest-selling Mario title in North American history.