It's Japanese Media Create charts time, as we see what's hot and what's not in Nintendo's homeland. It's another good week for Level-5 and the 3DS, with a handful of new releases on Sony hardware arriving in the top 20.
Dual release Yo-kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura comfortably retains top spot, albeit not quite living up to the sales power of its main series predecessors. The lead is still significant, though, while new release Sumikko Gurashi Mura wo Tsukurun Desu on 3DS grabs third place. From a Nintendo platform perspective there are a range of ever-green releases still fighting the good fight in the top 20; results are below with lifetime sales in brackets.
- [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura (Level-5, 07/16/16) – 168,782 (800,918)
- [PSV] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Falcom, 07/28/16) – 43,753 (New)
- [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi Mura wo Tsukurun Desu (Nippon Columbia, 07/28/16) – 20,616 (New)
- [PS4] Black Rose Valkyrie (Compile Heart, 07/28/16) – 12,682 (New)
- [Wii U] Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Mojang, 06/23/16) – 8,383 (59,339)
- [Wii U] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Nintendo, 06/23/16) – 7,502 (53,938)
- [Wii U] Splatoon (Nintendo, 05/28/15) – 7,305 (1,430,562)
- [PSV] New Interpretation Stranger of Sword City (Experience, 07/28/16) – 7,248 (New)
- [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Pokemon, 11/21/14) – 7,143 (2,830,996)
- [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot (Nintendo, 04/29/16) – 6,087 (356,474)
- [3DS] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (Marvelous, 06/23/16) – 6,082 (162,565)
- [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SIE, 03/19/15) – 5,744 (829,979)
- [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Nintendo, 02/18/16) – 4,635 (196,161)
- [PS4] Overwatch (Square Enix, 05/26/16) – 4,184 (124,706)
- [3DS] Taiko Drum Master: Doko Don! Mystery Adventure (Bandai Namco, 06/16/16) – 3,252 (64,433)
- [PSV] 7'scarlet (Idea Factory, 07/21/16) – 3,128 (New)
- [PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2016 (Konami, 04/28/16) – 2,961 (159,388)
- [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (4,990 yen Version) (10/08/15, Rockstar Games) – 2,832 (136,399)
- [3DS] Culdcept Revolt (Nintendo, 07/07/16) – 2,812 (38,651)
- [PSV] Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain (NIS, 06/23/16) – 2,733 (42,519)
Moving on to hardware, the New 3DS LL (XL) maintains most of its recent momentum to stay ahead of PS4, though for the second week in a row the Wii U drops quite a few units as it falls away from the Splatoon bundle bump from earlier in the month. The results below have last week's sales in brackets.
- New 3DS LL – 21,463 (23,382)
- PlayStation 4 – 20,021 (20,395)
- PlayStation Vita – 11,363 (10,991)
- Wii U – 5,864 (7,601)
- New 3DS – 4,355 (3,665)
- PlayStation 3 – 1,006 (1,045)
- 3DS – 725 (653)
- 3DS LL – 189 (106)
- Xbox One – 55 (63)
Overall it was a decent week for Level 5 and Nintendo, with newcomers in the charts struggling to make a major impact.
Love this lists. You look at the third place, it's a 3DS game and you are wondering - what the hell it is?
And I'm waiting for this Yokai games in Europe in 2020.
I guess it is a kids game. Looks adorable, nonetheless.
@Clownshoes your comment is ignorant.
Poor Xbox One...
Oooh... looks adorable.
See, even cute stuff like that can beat serious AAA game.
Oh XOne! Always going down, never hitting the bottom! kkkkkk
So it's not just Nitneod taking the summer off from gaming, it's basically the entire gaming population of Japan is on holiday? Or are they all just out playing Pokemon Go?
Maybe Media Create should move to a monthly format for July and August so the numbers look better?
all those new splatooners deserve to have more splatfests.
Did I read that correct? Did only 55 XBones sell? .-.
@Boidoh that is correct.
@Jamotello My thoughts exactly. We need more Splatfests and what's worse is I missed the last one
O.O N3ds sold more than PS4
Bruh I just LOVE to see the numbers of XB1 every week !
@buildz Apparently game title means "Village Builder" very kawaii.
Ssssh! If everyone stays very quiet we won't disturb Wii U from its grave.
9. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Pokemon, 11/21/14) – 7,143 (2,830,996)
I'm surprised no one noticed OR/AS popping up out of nowhere. Pokémon Go effect in action.
These games have been in the top 20 for weeks, although, yeah, they already climbed to the top 10 now.
But, surprisingly, it's that Yokai Watch 3 does not exceed the million despite having more than a week!; yes, not bad (it's still very good); well, hoping that everything remains well!
@SakuraHaruka I forgot about last week, I thought OR/AS sold just ~2400, it sold ~4100. Still, the past two weeks are up sharply over what OR/AS normally does.
Yokai Watch 3, though...I'm holding out hope that it'll settle at weekly sales of ~20k, so it could sell through its first print run by the time Monster Hunter Stories and Pokémon Sun/Moon come out.
Tap here to load 17 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...