PixelMaker arrived on the European Wii U eShop on 28th April, and now Nostatic Software has confirmed it's hitting the North American store this week on 5th May; it'll cost $2.99 in the US.
Having previously brought us VoxelMaker, Nostatic now seems to be taking the same approach to producing pixel art. At a budget price this promises the ability to utilise the GamePad for producing scenes of pixel art, which can then naturally be shared to Miiverse. A screen showing the differing GamePad / TV views is below, along with a list of features that will be available.
- Zoom in on the GamePad while seeing your whole scene on the TV.
- Cut/Copy/Paste selections with flip and rotate options.
- Fill by selection, flood-fill or replace all of a color.
- Draw and erase with multiple brush sizes.
- Pixel-perfect line and stroke drawing modes.
- Support for multi-layer drawing, with layer visibility toggles.
- Undo/Redo and image auto-save and restore.
- Palette-based color management with a number of classic samples.
- Pick colors interactively from the image.
- Optional grid overlay.
Are any of you tempted to pick this up? Let us know in the comments.