Earlier this week EnjoyUp Games confirmed that it's publishing Run Run and Die on the Wii U eShop, and has now announced another title that it's helping to bring to the 3DS. It's Sssnakes by Software Scribes; we'll give you a moment to guess what it's all about...
Yep, that's right, it's a modern riff on Snake, the classic game that originated (as a concept) in the '70s but shot to prominence on early Nokia phones. Before smartphones even existed it was mind-blowing to have a game on a mobile phone, and there was a time in the late '90s when everyone was obsessed with it.
This title aims to add modern touches to the formula of eating and avoiding your own tail, with the ability to 'shoot', multiple snakes and environments, along with online leaderboards. You can see an excerpt from the press release below.
- Easy to play, hard to master.
- Many levels with different objectives and enemies.
- 8-bit mode.
- The ability to shoot provides new opportunities and strategies to get out of tough situations.
- Online scoreboard to compete for the top score.
- Tricks and hidden secrets to get the top score or make the game easier.
There doesn't appear to be a trailer for this yet, so instead you can look at some screenshots below which show a charming nod to the Nokia game on the touchscreen. Once release details are given we'll be sure to share them.