Earlier this year, Pokémaniacs found out through our initial announcement that the Pokémon Trading Card Game would be undergoing some Mega Evolution when the game-changing Pokémon TCG: XY launched on 5th February. Now, the other blazing hot expansion we announced has arrived in stores across both Western markets. Pokemon TCG: XY - Flashfire has arrived, bringing with it a pair of truly epic Charizard cards.
Here's a recap of the additions and changes, as outlined in the initial announcement posted in March:
- Three new Mega Evolution Pokémon — The expansion features two powerful versions of Mega Charizard-EX (a Dragon-type Mega Charizard X and a Fire-type Mega Charizard Y), in addition to Mega Kangaskhan-EX.
- Five new Pokémon-EX cards and four new full-art Pokémon-EX rare Ultra cards — New Pokémon-EX cards include Charizard-EX (two versions), Toxicroak-EX, Magnezone-EX, and Kangaskhan-EX.
- New Pokémon — Over 25 Pokémon from the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y video games appear in this set, in addition to 15 Pokémon that appear in the Pokémon TCG for the very first time.
- 15 new Trainer cards including three new full-art rare Ultra Trainer cards — New Trainer cards bring increased depth and player strategy to competitive battles.
- Booster Packs — Packs of 10 additional cards selected from the expansion will be available.
- Theme decks — 60-card preconstructed decks are designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG by enabling them to play right away.
As usual, purchasing Booster Packs and Theme decks will give you a code for digital access to the same cards on the online game. It's also worth checking out the super-spiffy official site, where you can get more details or just gaze in an open-mouthed stupor at the gorgeous art of the cards.
Speaking of open-mouthed stupors, feast your eyes on the beauties below and let us know what you think of the latest additions to the already-enormous Pokémon Trading Card Game.