Last night's batch of new screenshots and videos for Resident Evil Revelations also came with an attached fact sheet, and it all-but confirms the Circle Pad expansion's official Western name.
Alongside information about the co-op raid mode, the sheet also states:
Compatible with Nintendo 3DS Circle Pad Pro – Add a fourth control scheme to your gameplay experience with the Circle Pad Pro.
Looks like case closed to us. Here's a trailer and the rest of the fact sheet anyway to sink your post-Halloween teeth into.
Built from the ground up to take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS features, Resident Evil Revelations Resident Evil Revelations delivers an exceptional survival horror experience with outstanding visuals that bring the fear to life.
Resident Evil Revelations introduces a brand new storyline, locations and characters to the series, including playable characters and BSAA members Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield and Keith Lumley with their partners Parker Luciani, Jessica Sherawat and Quint Cetcham.
Jill Valentine and BSAA partner Parker Luciani have been sent to search for Chris Redfield, whose last known GPS data positions him as being onboard a supposedly abandoned cruise ship. Danger hides around every corner as they explore the confined space of the ship and face a menacing new enemy and virus; the T-Abyss.
In a brand new mode for the series, Raid Mode will offer players a different kind of experience separate to the main campaign story in either solo or co-op play. Compete in a variety of missions to defeat enemies and level up your character and gain more powerful weapons. Earn points for the enemies you attack and select from a range of upgrades to improve your weapon’s performance.
- All new Resident Evil — Taking place between the events of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, new storyline featuring series favorites Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield plus new BSAA members, mysterious agent Raymond Vester and Head of the BSAA Clive R. O’Brian.
- Classic survival horror gameplay returns –– Campaign mode’s single player experience sees gamers investigating a range of different locations including the dark confined spaces of a cruise ship and the treacherous snow covered mountains. With limited ammo and weapons, fight off infected enemies that lurk around every corner.
- Raid Mode –– Compete in single player or two player co-op as Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield. Attack the enemies to earn points that can be used to upgrade your character and weapons.
- Brand new threat – A new kind of enemy and virus, the T-Abyss, that not only attacks you on the ground but also under water is set to join the legions of Resident Evil enemies and provide a unique challenge for players.
- Utilizes the unique 3DS features –– Make use of the touch screen to solve puzzles and switch between weapons.
- Use your equipment –– Analyze enemies and investigate areas with the Genesis scanner to reveal hidden items.
- First person shooter view – choose the shooting style that suits you and pin point your enemies with the ability to alternate between first and third person views.
- Localized voice over – In a first for a Capcom title, Resident Evil Revelations Resident Evil Revelations will provide a voice over in five different European languages.
- Outstanding visuals — MT Framework Mobile, Capcom’s proprietary game eng ine brings the horror to life on the Nintendo 3DS screen.
- Compatible with Nintendo 3DS Circle Pad Pro – Add a fourth control scheme to your gameplay experience with the Circle Pad Pro.
It ha a gyro sensor mode? SWEET!
cant wait to get this think it will be as good as RE2 and4 replayed to death
Co-op mode looks cool. Lots of extra features on this one, looks great.
EDIT: Just remembered this was supposed to be about the circle pad pro... oops
This is looking so great
Why does this article, which is clearly both about Revelations, only mention the 2nd circle pad in the title?
Trailer looked real good by the way, though I'm not sure about picking it up or not.
Hahahahahaha! I didn't do anything.
Just give it us bundled with Monster Hunter here in the US. Please.
Who cares what it's called. It's still a big lump on the 3DS that won't fit in most current storage cases.
RE:R is looking pretty fantastic though.
hopefully RE:R & the pad pro will come bundled together for about £40 ... im not paying over the odds 4 this horrible looking piece of junk. /facepalm
I'm glad to see that the circle pad pro is optional.
With circle pad or not, survival horror games in the nano screen of the 3DS (add here the pathetic max sound volume) will remove the "horror" factor almost immediately. I dont know why these guys target a game like that for the 3DS and not for the Wii.
Okay, now I gotta have a 3DS. Resident Evil Revelations will definitely be on my radar!
I want to get both.
Tap here to load 13 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...