Before publishers rerelease their old games on VC, they're required to renew the trademarks for them - a bunch of classic Konami trademarks appeared today, which seems to indicate they're going to be releasing arcade games as well!
Konami has registered these new VC-related trademarks:
- Green Beret (Arcade or NES, retitled Rush'n Attack in the US)
- Gyruss (Arcade or NES)
- Meikyuu Jiin Dababa (FDS)
- Life Force (Arcade - It has to be, the NES version's already available!)
- Salamander (The Japanese title for Life Force)
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu (Arcade - It also has to be, because Japan has the NES version already.)
But that's not all! There's also a trademark for Salamander ReBirth, indicating that Gradius ReBirth wasn't a one-off - Life Force is getting a new game as well!
If that's not enough, Namco has registered two classic trademarks as well - They'll be rereleasing the arcade games Baraduke and Galaxian - Galaga's predecessor!
Of course, there's no official announcements on any of these games just yet - But if they're made, we'll inform you immediately.