A Wily attempt at mimicking a classic
There’s an old saying that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, yet while there’s certainly something to be gained through being inspired by a previously existing work, a new work generally must add something to the mix to keep things fresh and interesting. If the new work fails to add anything...
Yoshi! Xenon Racer! Moai VI! Final Fantasy!
The latest Nintendo Download update for Europe has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Switch Retail - New Releases: Yoshi's Crafted World (Nintendo,...
Yoshi’s Crafted World, Darksiders, Alex Kidd!
The latest Nintendo Download update for North America has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Nintendo Switch Retail: Yoshi's Crafted World...
16-bit graphics, 8 unique levels
The Switch is set to receive another retro-inspired 2D platformer this week in the form of Metagal, courtesy of publisher, Ratalaika Games. In this one, players take on the role of Meta, a cyborg girl, who is on a quest to rescue her creator from the hands of General Creeper, the evil leader of a rogue army. Things...
Players are thrown into the shoes of "Meta," a cyborg girl, in her quest to rescue her creator "Dr Ray" from the hands of "General Creeper," the evil leader of a rogue army!
To make matters worse, Metagal's sisters were also kidnapped by Creeper and he’s turned them all into battle cyborgs, in order to use their powers so that he can at last, rule the world! With no other option, Meta must face her sisters, free them, and copy their abilities, if she wishes to take down save those she loves and the world.
But even if she can endure 8 stages of intense action, there is still the final confrontation against Creeper himself!
- Classic jump and shoot style platformer.
- 16-bit graphics.
- 8 levels that each have their own unique environment, detailed designs and different gimmick.
- 30 Enemies types, which doesn’t include the various Bosses.
- Powerful new weapons that can be obtained by defeating each Gal Boss.
- Lots of secret collectible items that can be used to power up your character.
- Soft death penalty with "Gear" system allows player to resolve their mistakes with less frustration.
- Unlockable new characters to play with, each come with their own powers and upgrades.