- Number of Players
- Single Player
- Action, Arcade, Platformer
- Release Date
- 22nd May 2019, $9.99
- 22nd May 2019, £8.99
Review Gunlord X - Top-Notch Old-School Blasting Action
Praise the Lord
The Switch has become home to an absolute smorgasbord of retro-inspired games. Whilst a lot of these may rarely be worth a second glance, a select few – such as Dead Cells and Undertale – might very well become some of your all-time favourites. Gunlord X likely won't be on your radar at all, but it really should be. Its very...
About The Game
Welcome to Gunlord X - A vastly improved Gunlord port coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019!
This game features 11 stages of exciting 2D game play with over 60 unique enemy types. Blast yourself through giant landscapes, explore caverns and reveal all secrets!
The critically acclaimed platform action game Gunlord developed by NGDEV in 2012 comes back to the Nintendo Switch in 2019. The game received an intense "Hi-Bit" overhaul for modern game consoles in a widescreen format. Additionally new boss enemies and extended stages were added.
Here’s a quick overview feature list:
- Significantly increased level size of the later levels offering new secrets and challenges.
- 4 new boss enemies
- Added a completely new horizontal jet pack stage
- Permanent continue and shortcut/level warp unlocks by collecting all big diamonds in stage.
- Auto save and level select features (you can revisit already beat stages at any time)
- Accomplishments screens and statistics screens for speedrunners
- Limited enemy respawns to essential enemies.
- Added Newgame+ (for speedrunning and new secrets)
- Increased the viewport to widescreen
- Improved viewport scrolling
- Scanline/RGB CRT TV shader
- Increased sprite/particle effects
- Added alpha blending special FX (Hi-Bit ""32-bit"" style)
- Added parallax scrolling elements
- Added new music tracks
- Improved controls (direct control over the 360° snake beam with R Stick)
- Optional modern twin stick controls (control movement and shooting direction independently)
- Fully customizable controls
- Improved difficulty curve especially on bosses
- Rebalanced weapon powerlevels
- Added a new power shot weapon
- Stable 60 fps in both docked/undocked mode
- HD rumble
Wow, no comments yet... why not be the first?
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...