Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,534

Burny

Joetherocker wrote:

All I'll be doing is buying my Nintendo games used since I don't want to give them my money.

That's a brilliant plan. It sends the absolute right message. Like: "Don't ever bother to make a big budget Zelda again, I'll just buy it used anyway."

Luckily I don't have to get worked up arguing that boycotts are downright stupid in this situation, because they don't work anyway.

Edited on by Burny

"I kill Gandalf." Igor - Dork Tower

Nintendo Network ID: BurnyBurns

bonesy91

"sigh" it looks like in the end if you want to play these great games you'll have to:

A. Buy a European Wii and buy the European games
B. Hope Nintendo of America realizes how stupid they are being and release them stateside
C. Move on and place that (stupid) pic that says "I aint even mad" in a post and more than likely tick people off

Me, I hope for B. but then again I hope for a sequel to Final fantasy Mystic quest also............

(sorry about that TBD)

Edited on by bonesy91

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

Aviator

lilboyblue wrote:

Quit worshiping Nintendo. Look guys the only way to get through Nintendo is with our wallets. You are what wrong w/fan of anything you take what ever you get. Look I don't think we should abandon them. I think we should semi boycott Skyward sword. By that I mean by it used or wait for a price drop of any type. Like maybe $20 preferably. Do what you can $5, $10 & $15 because they will feel it.

Yeah, that's totally gonna work.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

spizzamarozzi

lilboyblue wrote:

If Operation Rainfall fails

Quit worshiping Nintendo. Look guys the only way to get through Nintendo is with our wallets. You are what wrong w/fan of anything you take what ever you get. Look I don't think we should abandon them. I think we should semi boycott Skyward sword. By that I mean by it used or wait for a price drop of any type. Like maybe $20 preferably. Do what you can $5, $10 & $15 because they will feel it.

By it used like I mentioned because they don't get a cent. If Operation rainfall campaign doesn't succeed. My last suggestion skip out on wii U for a bit may be 3-5 months. If all else fails this will get to the dont like the fail like COD:MW2 pc boycott. Remember your the consumer Its their job to please you not flex their egos. We are their power their life force w/o us their nothing.

Please spread the word if you like the Idea on to operation rainfall and any other people you know pls

Jesus Christ, I think you're taking this "operation" thing a bit too seriously. Why don't you just send a bag full of dynamite to NoA's offices and just blow up the whole building?!

See, that's what I was talking about when I said that people are approaching this thing in a too childish way. We're talking about 3 games that, at worst, you can import and, with a bit of extra work, still be able to play them in your language.

I also should point out that NoA doesn't release these games not because it hates you, but because they are not going to sell as the need. By stopping buying games you will do nothing but perpetuating the skepticism NoA already has towards the American market.

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

TheBaconator

lilboyblue wrote:

By it used like I mentioned because they don't get a cent. If Operation rainfall campaign doesn't succeed. My last suggestion skip out on wii U for a bit may be 3-5 months. If all else fails this will get to the dont like the fail like COD:MW2 pc boycott. Remember your the consumer Its their job to please you not flex their egos. We are their power their life force w/o us their nothing.

Please spread the word if you like the Idea on to operation rainfall and any other people you know pls

But really, that has to be one of (There have been a lot recently) worst ideas (To put it lightly) I've heard in this "Operation Rainfall" phase we are in right now.
Yeah, because the best way to get on a company's good side and have them release more things is to show a lack of support in their products. (That's sarcasm by the way)

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

lilboyblue

spizzamarozzi wrote:

lilboyblue wrote:

Jesus Christ, I think you're taking this "operation" thing a bit too seriously. Why don't you just send a bag full of dynamite to NoA's offices and just blow up the whole building?!

See, that's what I was talking about when I said that people are approaching this thing in a too childish way. We're talking about 3 games that, at worst, you can import and, with a bit of extra work, still be able to play them in your language.

I also should point out that NoA doesn't release these games not because it hates you, but because they are not going to sell as the need. By stopping buying games you will do nothing but perpetuating the skepticism NoA already has towards the American market.

LOL that joke was too funny.

So why should I have to do tat if they and this would be a good invest for them.

I don't do this because I hat Nintendo I do it cause I want them to get better. I have 1 question when we buy the games we don't what we want. When we don't you say we still wont get what we want. So what do we do take it or what?

lilboyblue

Burny

Mickeymac wrote:

I'll just get a Pal WiiU.

I don't think having to pay for importing any and every game is worth it when you can get all but the most obscure of them in local stores. Especially when there is a good chance that you'll get some of the bigger games months late (see Smash Brothers, Kirby).

And if NoE should get burned with Xenoblade & co. (which is entirely possible), they'll be unlikely to bring over more such games anyway.

"I kill Gandalf." Igor - Dork Tower

Nintendo Network ID: BurnyBurns

CanisWolfred

Burny wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I'll just get a Pal WiiU.

I don't think having to pay for importing any and every game is worth it when you can get all but the most obscure of them in local stores. Especially when there is a good chance that you'll get some of the bigger games months late (see Smash Brothers, Kirby).

And if NoE should get burned with Xenoblade & co. (which is entirely possible), they'll be unlikely to bring over more such games anyway.

TBD editted out the important part. Believe me, I have no intention of importing anything I don't have to.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

lilboyblue wrote:

So why should I have to do tat if they and this would be a good invest for them.

I don't do this because I hat Nintendo I do it cause I want them to get better. I have 1 question when we buy the games we don't what we want. When we don't you say we still wont get what we want. So what do we do take it or what?

I hate to burst your bubble, but there are people, myself included, who could care less for this operation and will continue to buy Nintendo's games anyway. Operation Rainfall only appears to have thousands of supporters despite there being millions of fans. Your boycott efforts would hardly put a dent in Nintendo's profits. As I said before, this operation needs a lot more supporters to truly be effective.

I oppose the operation because people are whining over not getting some games. While I may agree, the whole process just seemed childish to me. Nintendo praised the supporters for being enthusiastic fans, yet the fans still whined for being denied.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

grenworthshero

@lz
You're missing the point of this operation. It's not about these three games. Well, it sort of is, but it's mostly about NOA seemingly abandoning the Wii (and its fans) almost entirely in the last year of its life, and these three games represent the cause because these three games represent the kind of games we have been asking for from the Wii since its inception.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

LzWinky

grenworthshero wrote:

@lz
You're missing the point of this operation. It's not about these three games. Well, it sort of is, but it's mostly about NOA seemingly abandoning the Wii (and its fans) almost entirely in the last year of its life, and these three games represent the cause because these three games represent the kind of games we have been asking for from the Wii since its inception.

I disagree with the abandonment because they're still releasing Kirby, Rhythm Heaven, and Skyward Sword on the Wii. Still, unfortunately for the Wii, the 3DS is the focus as well as the Wii U.

Also, these kinds of games have been released for the Wii (by third parties I mean) and it's most unfortunate that these games did not sell as expected despite the audience being apparently present. Nintendo also attempted to push the heck out of Dragon Quest IX and yet it only received fair sales in the States. These events may have lead to the decision of not localizing these games. I personally cannot speak for Nintendo, but I do oppose those who have the idea that they know what's going on in Nintendo's operations.

On the other hand, perhaps with more support Nintendo may consider localizing them. They did respond with their regular vague response which I have seen before and I might add have been reversed. There may be hope, but I don't think spamming Nintendo's Facebook page is the way to do it (though only the more immature fans are doing this, it still is giving the operation a bad rep).

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Aviator

grenworthshero wrote:

@lz

And where is Australia's Operation Rainfall, or Europes? Game's don't get released, it happens, sure some don't like it, but Nintendo is a company, and they are going to do what gets them money.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Wheels2050

lzbirdboy wrote:

I disagree with the abandonment because they're still releasing Kirby, Rhythm Heaven, and Skyward Sword on the Wii. Still, unfortunately for the Wii, the 3DS is the focus as well as the Wii U.

Three games in ONE YEAR is support?

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

spizzamarozzi

Wheels2050 wrote:

lzbirdboy wrote:

No it's not, I agree with that. But where has been the people's support when they had to buy Zack & Wiki, Muramasa, de Blob 2, Conduit 2, Madworld, A Boy and His Blob, Silent Hill etc etc?!

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

LzWinky

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Wheels2050 wrote:

lzbirdboy wrote:

No it's not, I agree with that. But where has been the people's support when they had to buy Zack & Wiki, Muramasa, de Blob 2, Conduit 2, Madworld, A Boy and His Blob, Silent Hill etc etc?!

Considering the Wii is on its last years, it's safe to expect fewer titles being released on it. Also, the lack of sales for many "better" Wii games is not helping the situation any

spizzamarozzi

Wheels2050 wrote:

yes they are totally abandoning it like a sunken ship and all the games they are releasing now (beside Zelda) are re-cycles of old ideas (Kirby, Rhythm Heaven, Pilotwings) or localizations of Japanese titles. There hasn't been any creative effort from Nintendo this year and all they care about now is not in supporting the Wii, but in making the transition to the WiiU as painless and possible without losing too many fans on the way.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.