Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 926

Tasuki

LuigiTheGreenFire wrote:

If you're a Harry Potter or Lego fan, I highly recommend Lego Harry Potter : Years 1-4 and the newest one, Years 5-7. Neither are fantastic, but they are fun to explore, have plenty of stuff for completionists, and are just charming games overall. The first Lego Harry Potter is only $20 and the sequel is $40.

For that case any of the Lego games are great. All 3 Lego Starwars, the 2 Indy ones, Lego Batman and PotC.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

mike_fantastic

G4L wrote:

@vonseux, how much was a new PAL copy of Pandora's Tower? I can't see spending $49.99 for a 15 hour long adventure/RPG title. Especially when I paid that much for Xenoblade Chronicles, and it has the ability to offer up hundreds of hours of gameplay.

I'll pay $49.99 for it if it makes it to NA: mebbe Nintendo will bring us some other goodies before sending the wii off. Like Fatal Frame...

Couldn't be any more disappointing than Metroid Other M's story was to me. $49.99 for Daddy issues.

"You were almost a Jill sandwich."

Linkus

Which one should I get, Donkey kong country returns or Rayman origins? I need a good plattformer and they both seem great!

Linkus

Linkus

Ok, thanks to both of you! DK feels like a safe card!

Linkus

beachnaturalist

Hi,

I really loved the whole Metroid trilogy: great graphics, FPS, great story line, and on and on. But now I'm done... I'm really looking for something similar. Yes, I know there's nothing exactly like that, but what would you recommend for someone who loves killing aliens?
p.s. I did get a couple of interesting replies before this was locked out. Thanks to those who replied already!
p. p.s. This part of the forum is looking pretty awkward. If this topic has 755 postings, why doen't it rate its own forum section?

Edited on by beachnaturalist

beachnaturalist

Nintenbro

I'd like to know why nobody has created a Wii Essentials thread yet? I mean, the Wii is nearing the end of it's relevant lifespan.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

beachnaturalist wrote:

I really loved the whole Metroid trilogy: great graphics, FPS, great story line, and on and on. But now I'm done... I'm really looking for something similar. Yes, I know there's nothing exactly like that, but what would you recommend for someone who loves killing aliens?

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you at least consider MDK2 on WiiWare. It's 1000 points ($10). It's a port of a PC game from years ago. Here's a link to NL's review:

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/2011/05/mdk2

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

misswliu81

beachnaturalist wrote:

Hi,

have a look at sin and punishment: star successor. the gameplay is more space-harrier ish than metroid prime, but the FPS aspects of that game are a lot similar.

misswliu81

CanisWolfred

G4L wrote:

I'd like to know why nobody has created a Wii Essentials thread yet? I mean, the Wii is nearing the end of it's relevant lifespan.

Make one yourself you think we need it, and no one's done it yet.

@the dude asking for games like Metroid Prime 3

The Conduit and Red Steel 2 are your best bets.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Nintenbro

@Mickeymac, I might just do that.

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Bread-Not-Toast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

for games like Metroid Prime 3

The Conduit

I am offended by this comparison.

It's better than the second game,even if it is a poor shooter.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

for games like Metroid Prime 3

The Conduit

I am offended by this comparison.

It's an FPS where you shoot aliens and it actually has a decent story. Those were the only criteria the poster set, so it fits.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SomeBitTripFan

@Willerz: Get Xenoblade it is AWESOME. I'm 56 hours in! The game can be frustratingly difficult, but when your not throwing a controller over the few overpowered bosses it is really fun. Running around the world is great and the fights are outstanding. Easily one of the greatest games this generation.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Nintenbro

@SomeBitTripFan, I'll definitely second that.

Can someone please inform me as to how much playtime I should expect to receive from, "Wario Land Shake It!"? Say, if you desire to return to it again someday. After you've unlocked and collected everything, does it provide any type of replay value? Or should I say, is it an enjoyable enough experience to return to it someday?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Chrono_Cross

G4L wrote:

@SomeBitTripFan, I'll definitely second that.

Can someone please inform me as to how much playtime I should expect to receive from, "Wario Land Shake It!"? Say, if you desire to return to it again someday. After you've unlocked and collected everything, does it provide any type of replay value? Or should I say, is it an enjoyable enough experience to return to it someday?

To be quite honest, I wished Nintendo would rename it Wario Land Shake that Replay Value Everywhere because there's way too much of It!

No seriously, every level has multiple achievements that provide worthy replay value. Every level also has a mandatory three treasure chests to find. There are over thirty levels, plus some pretty epic bosses. The challenge is pretty hard yet fun. Sometimes I felt like it was impossible but after time I figured it out and it was so creative how GoodFeel lays out the levels. There's also a pretty good surplus of content to unlock. I've spent nearly 25+ hours on it and I'm not even done yet. Did I mention there are secret levels?

I liked Wario Land Shake It! so much, I prefer it to Super Mario Galaxy 1.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic