Forums

Topic: What games you would like to see on the Virtual Console?

Posts 601 to 620 of 639

TheDreamingHawk

I can understand that. I mean, even though IMO their 1990-1996 fighters are bad (Not enough modes then), they all have one great thing: Music.

Crystalis's main theme is actually the best song I've heard on the NES.

Edited on by TheDreamingHawk

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

brooks83

Jon_Talbain wrote:

Pulstar isn't a common request from what I've seen. It's just that the same few people keep requesting it over and over again. I don't even know why. It's not that good. It's barely decent, in fact, and greatly outdone by its "successor" Blazing Star, which has gotten much more attention (deservedly so) and even a rerelease on iOS.

And Crystalis is definitely obscure. For a game that's called a "cult-classic" on Wikipedia, it has very few entries on eBay and they are going for relatively little. There's not much info on the internet after a quick seach, whereas certain games from that era have whole websites dedicated to them. Shame, since it's a good, maybe even great game, but it just won't get the attention (and money) that any of their fighters would get.

I know not everyone likes fighting games, but SNK Playmore has kind of been on shakey ground financially for over a decade now. At this point, I'd rather they release the money makers now so they can stay afloat so there's actually a chance they'll release the other games later on.

I have to disagree here. It's a shame that we can't see sales figures, because I would bet money Crystalis would sell better than Fighter's History Dynamite. From the gaming websites I visit, Faxanadu had a lot of buzz when it was re-released on the VC and I think the same would happen for Crystalis. It may not be the best known game, but most people who played it love it and would spread the word. But I'm not even sure who has the rights now, as Nintendo published it on the GBC.

As for Pulstar, it may not be great but I'd still like to play it. Or if they would like to skip ahead to Blazing Star first, I'd be ok with that too.

brooks83

KaiserGX

Jon_Talbain wrote:

Pulstar isn't a common request from what I've seen. It's just that the same few people keep requesting it over and over again. I don't even know why. It's not that good. It's barely decent, in fact, and greatly outdone by its "successor" Blazing Star, which has gotten much more attention (deservedly so) and even a rerelease on iOS.

And Crystalis is definitely obscure. For a game that's called a "cult-classic" on Wikipedia, it has very few entries on eBay and they are going for relatively little. There's not much info on the internet after a quick seach, whereas certain games from that era have whole websites dedicated to them. Shame, since it's a good, maybe even great game, but it just won't get the attention (and money) that any of their fighters would get.

I know not everyone likes fighting games, but SNK Playmore has kind of been on shakey ground financially for over a decade now. At this point, I'd rather they release the money makers now so they can stay afloat so there's actually a chance they'll release the other games later on.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

KingMike

brooks83 wrote:

It may not be the best known game, but most people who played it love it and would spread the word. But I'm not even sure who has the rights now, as Nintendo published it on the GBC.

SNK. For the GBC, Nintendo licensed the game from SNK to "improve" it as one of the first games from Nintendo Software Technology (or whatever NoA's internal development team is called), along with Bionic Commando: Elite Forces (obviously another license).

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

CanisWolfred

@Brooks83

Faxanadu was more well-known, though. I had heard a lot about it years before it was released on VC, and there was more ready information of it available. It was considered one of the few Nintendo-published games that never got a rerelease, and it's part of a long-running series in Japan, which became the Legend of Heroes series, a franchise that has seen a lot of success in recent years. Really, it has a lot more going for it than Crystalis does.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Zach777

3DS VC: Zelda Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages/ GBA version of A Link to the Past, Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Mega Man 5

Switch Friend Code: 2533-4777-6888
Wii Friend Code: 5530-6075-2319-8028
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794
NNID: Zach777
AC:NL Dream Address: 4500-2207-2260
Pokémon GO Friend Code: 0296 8052 5792

Switch Friend Code: SW-2533-4777-6888 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794 | My Nintendo: Zach777 | Nintendo Network ID: Zach777

Hokori

Pokemon yellow, mother, fire emblem shadow dragon, oracle or ages/seasons, drill dozer, and Pokemon emerald

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

TheDreamingHawk

KingMike wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

It may not be the best known game, but most people who played it love it and would spread the word. But I'm not even sure who has the rights now, as Nintendo published it on the GBC.

SNK. For the GBC, Nintendo licensed the game from SNK to "improve" it as one of the first games from Nintendo Software Technology (or whatever NoA's internal development team is called), along with Bionic Commando: Elite Forces (obviously another license).

Don't remind me that they broke the music and plot and made it even worse than Sunsoft did on the NES BM.

Knux

Donkey Kong 64, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, Star Wars: Rouge Squadron, the other two N64 Bomberman games besides Hero, Star Fox, and Yoshi's Island. But are we going to get them? Of course not, because this is Nintendo we're talking about.

Knux

watford1

Cannon fodder would be nice

watford1

TheDreamingHawk

Knux wrote:

Donkey Kong 64, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, Star Wars: Rouge Squadron, the other two N64 Bomberman games besides Hero, Star Fox, and Yoshi's Island. But are we going to get them? Of course not, because this is Nintendo we're talking about.

How does nintendo have anything to do with this? All said games (Except Bomberman) are owned by a third party. Nintendo can only control their release date.

DarkEdi

watford1 wrote:

Cannon fodder would be nice

Cannon Fodder is already in wiiware (i didn´t know this game has a release in any of the consoles of the VC).

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

DeathAngel

This topic was successful.

Here's mine:

Star Wars

Life is like Dora.

SparkOfSpirit

Contra NES
Contra Force (It's not that great, but I do want it for completion's sake)
Jackal NES
Rush'N Attack NES
Metal Gear
Metal Gear: Snake's Revenge (Same as Contra Force)
Contra Hard Corps.
Castlevania Bloodlines
Rocket Knight Adventures
Sparkster (Genesis)
Sparkster (SNES)
Sunset Riders
Legend Of The Mystical Ninja 64
Goemon's Great Adventure

I won't even bring up the licensed games.

Konami's been slacking. I didn't even mention the Hudson stuff they could be releasing (Like Adventure Island 2, 3, and 4).

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tricoloryoshi

Banjo kazooie, banjo tooie, I dunno what else...

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

SparkOfSpirit

Oh, in addition to the ones I mentioned on the last page:

GUN NAC
Yoshi's Island
Terranigma
Rolling Thunder 3
Double Dragon II (PC-Engine)
Little Samson
Rockin' Kats
Journey to Silius
The Lost Vikings (and 2)
Joe & Mac (and 2)
Congo's Capers
The Thunderforce series

At this point, I would like those the most.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

brooks83

Spark_Of_Spirit wrote:

Oh, in addition to the ones I mentioned on the last page:

GUN NAC
Yoshi's Island
Terranigma
Rolling Thunder 3
Double Dragon II (PC-Engine)
Little Samson
Rockin' Kats
Journey to Silius
The Lost Vikings (and 2)
Joe & Mac (and 2)
Congo's Capers
The Thunderforce series

At this point, I would like those the most.

Great list, and most (if not all) listed could technically show up on the VC. Just depends on whether or not the developers decide to put them up.

brooks83

akabenjy

I think it's pretty obvious what I want;)

akabenjy

Bass_X0

Tricoloryoshi wrote:

Banjo kazooie, banjo tooie, I dunno what else...

Playstation All Stars has equal chance at appearing on Wii as Banjo Kazooie does.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.