Forums

Topic: VC in 2010- Super FX and Zapper games?

Posts 1 to 20 of 26

Don

Since there aren't too many first party titles left to release, do you think Nintendo will bring Super FX games like Yoshi's Island and Star Fox to VC next year? I still think Zapper games for VC are possible they just need to release a VC Zapper like the Classic Controller. But with most big games out on the VC already, I have a feeling next year may be the worst year yet for VC releases.

Don

Terra

I think we'll see Super FX games, that shouldn'ty be too hard (Or as hard) but I highly doubt it for Zapper games. Bringing out a Zapper accessory is easier said than done here and considering only a small amount of people would buy any Zapper VC games, they would lose money.

I'm hoping for a larger selection of N64 games myself next year.

Edited on by Terra

Terra

Twitter:

ItsFuzzyPickles

@Terranigma: About games that support the NES and SNES Zappers. They can just use the Wii Remote to point at and give us the option of using an Wii Zapper.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

blackknight77

Many of the zapper games were ESRB rated very early in the Wii lifecycle. They have now been removed which makes me think at the time Nintendo was toying around with releasing them. Maybe at some point they will.

Reopen the Wii Shop Channel

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

If they can get Zapper games, how about Mario Paint?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

croz

I really hope Nintendo get loads of games out on the Snes next year, a few N64 would be great too, EU VC is getting Alex Kidd in Shinobi World tonight i think.

croz

theblackdragon

i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that light gun/zapper games would be a problem for people using non-CRT tvs, iirc... something about screen/pixel refreshing and the way the zapper detects hits? In order for them to work properly for their entire userbase, Ninty would have to adapt the games for the VC using the wiimote or some kind of 'new' zapper peripheral as input.
it sure would be fun to play Duck Hunt again, though... :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

warioswoods

@theblackdragon

True, they'd have to make them Wii-mote friendly, and that would indeed pose problems for the gameplay. NES light gun games are far too easy with your crosshair always on screen, yet that's the only way to do it with the Wii-mote, as it isn't a "down the barrel" kind of pointing accuracy, based instead on relative position with regards to the sensor bar and no knowledge of the actual television's size or dimensions.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

the_shpydar

@theblackdragon
That's precisely right. The games themselves would have to be modified, as the Wiimote doesn't operate on the same principle that the Zapper & classic light guns did. It can be done (NES and other emulators pull it off fine by allowing an on screen reticule or cursor), but would likely involve more effort than Ninty would be willing to put in when they could instead just focus on and release all-new WiiWare updates of classic light gun titles (i wouldn't mind a Gumshoe remake).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

MetalMario

Yoshi's Island...ah, I would love to see that released.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

theblackdragon

@the shpydar: yeah, i doubt we'll see the originals. i know Ninty's focus is more on new, original stuff on WiiWare, but i wouldn't mind having an updated Duck Hunt WiiWare game (if there were some way to remove the on-screen cursor or turn it invisible, lol). :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

MetalMario

sigh...Yoshi's Island is so fun.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

If they somehow get Zapper games, they'll have to release Super Scope games eventually.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Adamant

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

@Terranigma: About games that support the NES and SNES Zappers. They can just use the Wii Remote to point at and give us the option of using an Wii Zapper.

They can't "just" do that. They'd have to remake the entire game, and then eventually release it for Wiiware.

Adamant

cheetahman91

I think we'll see Super FX games next year. As for Zapper or Super Scope games, they'd have to change the coding around a bit to make it work. (I guess, or just ignore them and never release them.)

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Terra

StarFox wrote:

If they can get Zapper games, how about Mario Paint?

Mario Paint used the SNES mouse I believe. Now I believe the games that used the mouse could happen at some point, although they'd have to change the code to use a USB mouse

Terra

Twitter:

StarBoy91

Awesome. I haven't played Mario Paint since I was a "refugee" of Hurricane Rita four years ago. :3 A USB mouse would be a great addition. Also, StarFox and Stunt Race FX should be available soon, I hope, with the SFX chip games. But, until then, we can only hope.

To each their own

KingMike

Emulators have been using the mouse to play Zapper games for years. It would be really sad if Nintendo couldn't do the same with the pointer.
And Nintendo should be able to do the same for mouse games, using the pointer or a USB mouse.

KingMike

the_shpydar

@KingMike
I don't think the issue is whether Ninty can do it (i am positive they could), but whether it'd be worth the time and expense to re-code (or add code) to the old games. And again, it would fundamentally change the gameplay of the light gun titles by having a reticule (even if it's an "invisible" reticule) on screen.

I'd expect we're more likely to see mouse-based games before light gun-based games, though i tend to doubt we'll see either on VC.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

touffeboy

My wish this year: Mario Party

and Dk64 ^^

touffeboy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.