Forums

Topic: North American Virtual Console June 1st, 2009 prediction.

Posts 21 to 40 of 55

blackknight77

And Todays winner is Boulder Dash

Reopen the Wii Shop Channel

brandonbwii

I wouldn't necessarily say winner.

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

KnucklesSonic8

Sweet. I was right. Finally. Although it would've been nice if Impossible Mission came along with it.

KnucklesSonic8

Don

So Boulder Dash is coming for VC today? I haven't seen any announcements yet and they usually announce it by now on this site. I wonder what's the hold up?

Don

KnucklesSonic8

@Don:

This week's downloadable game releases include a spellbinding new installment in the FINAL FANTASY® series. This first true sequel to FINAL FANTASY IV is sure to get RPG fans' blood pumping. Nintendo DSiWare™ users will find a challenging new puzzle game to help keep their minds spinning. A slick new poker title from the WiiWare™ service raises the stakes for virtual card sharps, while the Virtual Console™ debut of a classic Commodore 64 game puts players in pursuit of precious gems. With so much variety on the Wii™ Shop Channel and Nintendo DSi Shop™, your odds of having a humdrum summer are getting slimmer by the hour.

Nintendo DSiWare

Mighty Flip Champs!™
Publisher: WayForward Technologies
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Mild Suggestive Themes
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: Are you ready to become a Mighty Flip Champ? Take control of Alta and page-flip through a series of action-packed mazes. The touch screen reflects a preview of the next chamber and shows Alta's projected destination within it. When it's time to flip, use Alta's Magical Warp Wand to replace her world with the next one. Will she land safely on solid ground or be crushed under it? By cycling endlessly through room after brain-busting room, you'll match wits with some of the most devious traps in puzzle/platforming history.

WiiWare

FINAL FANTASY® IV: THE AFTER YEARS™
Publisher: SQUARE ENIX
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Alcohol Reference, Mild Fantasy Violence
Price: 800 Wii Points™
Description: FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS is the sequel to the hit RPG FINAL FANTASY IV. The story takes place many years after the original and centers on a young man named Ceodore, son of the paladin Cecil and the white mage Rosa, who, along with their loyal and steadfast friends, once saved the world from evil born of the second moon. Now, monsters are reappearing in a world that had finally attained peace. The second moon has returned anew. What tidings does this ominous harbinger bring? Familiar faces and new allies join the battle to save the Blue Planet once more.

Texas Hold'em Tournament
Publisher: Digital Leisure, Inc.
Players: 1-6
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) – Simulated Gambling
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: The deck is shuffled and the blinds are in – it's your move. Call, raise or even bluff your way "all in" with Texas Hold'em Tournament. You'll start off in the small Nevada gaming halls and work your way up to the Las Vegas Championship. Multi-round, no-limit hold'em game play ensures hours of serious poker action. Think you're the best poker player out there? Using broadband Internet access and Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection, start climbing the worldwide rankings by winning online tournaments, and see how your poker skills stack up by viewing the online leaderboard. Texas Hold'em Tournament also lets you play multiplayer poker with up to five friends, and with full Mii™ character support, you can truly bring yourself to the table.

Virtual Console

Boulder Dash®
Original platform: Commodore 64
Publisher: Commodore Gaming
Players: 1-2
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Description: Originally released in 1984, Boulder Dash is one of the big computer-game classics. It is one of the very few computer games ever to be ported from home computers to arcades, not the other way around. The hero of the game is the brave prospector Rockford. He must dig through caves to collect diamonds while avoiding various types of dangerous creatures and obstacles such as falling rocks. He is in constant danger of being crushed or trapped by an avalanche or killed by an underground explosion. Strategy and planning are the keys to mastering Boulder Dash. Once enough jewels have been collected, the door to the mysterious escape tunnel is revealed and Rockford can explore another cave.

Notice Nintendo has a new approach to the updates.

KnucklesSonic8

Adam

I thought FFIV was supposed to be multiplayer? Also, it looks like it's all in one package, which is quite nice, unless they're going to surprise us with the other episodes...?

Also, you say "Notice Nintendo has a new approach to the updates." What do you mean?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

KnucklesSonic8

Well, just look at it.

"Original platform: Commodore 64
Price: 500 Wii Points"

They didn't do it like this before. It's slightly different.
Before it was like this:

Photo Clock (Nintendo, 1 player, 200 Nintendo DSi Points): *insert description

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

Adam

Oh, they just changed the formatting, I thought it was something significant.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Nintendo64Dude

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

@Don:

This week's downloadable game releases include a spellbinding new installment in the FINAL FANTASY® series. This first true sequel to FINAL FANTASY IV is sure to get RPG fans' blood pumping. Nintendo DSiWare™ users will find a challenging new puzzle game to help keep their minds spinning. A slick new poker title from the WiiWare™ service raises the stakes for virtual card sharps, while the Virtual Console™ debut of a classic Commodore 64 game puts players in pursuit of precious gems. With so much variety on the Wii™ Shop Channel and Nintendo DSi Shop™, your odds of having a humdrum summer are getting slimmer by the hour.

Nintendo DSiWare

Mighty Flip Champs!™
Publisher: WayForward Technologies
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Mild Suggestive Themes
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: Are you ready to become a Mighty Flip Champ? Take control of Alta and page-flip through a series of action-packed mazes. The touch screen reflects a preview of the next chamber and shows Alta's projected destination within it. When it's time to flip, use Alta's Magical Warp Wand to replace her world with the next one. Will she land safely on solid ground or be crushed under it? By cycling endlessly through room after brain-busting room, you'll match wits with some of the most devious traps in puzzle/platforming history.

WiiWare

FINAL FANTASY® IV: THE AFTER YEARS™
Publisher: SQUARE ENIX
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Alcohol Reference, Mild Fantasy Violence
Price: 800 Wii Points™
Description: FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS is the sequel to the hit RPG FINAL FANTASY IV. The story takes place many years after the original and centers on a young man named Ceodore, son of the paladin Cecil and the white mage Rosa, who, along with their loyal and steadfast friends, once saved the world from evil born of the second moon. Now, monsters are reappearing in a world that had finally attained peace. The second moon has returned anew. What tidings does this ominous harbinger bring? Familiar faces and new allies join the battle to save the Blue Planet once more.

Texas Hold'em Tournament
Publisher: Digital Leisure, Inc.
Players: 1-6
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) – Simulated Gambling
Description: The deck is shuffled and the blinds are in – it's your move. Call, raise or even bluff your way "all in" with Texas Hold'em Tournament. You'll start off in the small Nevada gaming halls and work your way up to the Las Vegas Championship. Multi-round, no-limit hold'em game play ensures hours of serious poker action. Think you're the best poker player out there? Using broadband Internet access and Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection, start climbing the worldwide rankings by winning online tournaments, and see how your poker skills stack up by viewing the online leaderboard. Texas Hold'em Tournament also lets you play multiplayer poker with up to five friends, and with full Mii™ character support, you can truly bring yourself to the table.

Virtual Console

Boulder Dash®
Original platform: Commodore 64
Description: Originally released in 1984, Boulder Dash is one of the big computer-game classics. It is one of the very few computer games ever to be ported from home computers to arcades, not the other way around. The hero of the game is the brave prospector Rockford. He must dig through caves to collect diamonds while avoiding various types of dangerous creatures and obstacles such as falling rocks. He is in constant danger of being crushed or trapped by an avalanche or killed by an underground explosion. Strategy and planning are the keys to mastering Boulder Dash. Once enough jewels have been collected, the door to the mysterious escape tunnel is revealed and Rockford can explore another cave.

Notice Nintendo has a new approach to the updates.

Another super FLOPHOLE week...
Jeez Nintendo of America WTF are you doing?!? Trying to ignore us American fans?

Edited on by Nintendo64Dude

Nintendo64Dude

KnucklesSonic8

If you say so... I just knew people would still find a way to complain.

KnucklesSonic8

sirgrim

Picking up the Texas Hold 'Em with points layin around on the Wii. Adding my first non-freebie points to the DSi for MFC! Yay!

sirgrim

KDR_11k

Aquateen510 wrote:

Another super FLOPHOLE week...
Jeez Nintendo of America WTF are you doing?!? Trying to ignore us American fans?

Lolwut? What did you expect? The Conduit and New Super Mario Bros 3 for 500 points each?

Raincoat whore!

Nintendo64Dude

P.S. WiiWare has a good update for now...

Nintendo64Dude

Joeynator3000

So that was the update huh?...Ugh...they better give something good on the 22nd. XD (my b-day)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

feba

The thing is, it's not bad, but it's not very good. A lot of us wanted to get FFIV before we got the flipping sequel, and that's probably the title with the most appeal to anyone here.

Personally, I don't mind too much, since I have a tremendous backlog which will probably consist of three other Final Fantasy games (FF7 is at the end of it now, and I expect FF6 and FF9 to be released on VC/PSN respectively, and I will play those before 4, which I will play before After Years) before I ever get around to this. But for someone who is starved for games, it's not hard to see how it is disappointing.

feba

Nintendo64Dude

Re: KDR_11k
I was expecting Super Smash Bros. to come out today but it will never happen....

Nintendo64Dude

KnucklesSonic8

Disappointing? Mighty Flip Champs is finally out. Perfect answer to DSi-owners who are "starved for games". I don't even have a DSi and I'm quite pleased with this update. Sure it could've been better but come on.

@Aquateen: Why would you expect that? You were just setting up yourself to be disappointed. I really want it too but come on, even I have more sense than that.

KnucklesSonic8

Pj1

Hay guys is there a delay? What did you get?

Pj1

Nintendo64Dude

Re: KnucklesSonic8
Hmm... I guess you're right... I'm sorry...
I was just overreacting...

Nintendo64Dude

KnucklesSonic8

No delay. The games come out in less than 2 hours. See above for the update.

@Aquateen: No worries. Just understand that I feel your pain and as much as I'd love to see it in the next update, to STRONGLY hope that it will appear would be rather premature especially given how unpredictable VC releases are nowadays. Let's hope we don't have to wait till #350 to see it though... Cause then I'd start worrying that I won't see Mario Party till #400.

KnucklesSonic8

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.