Forums

Topic: Wii Fit U - OT

Posts 121 to 140 of 158

SuperWiiU

RenEss wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

Did you get an official Nintendo Wii remote? If it is I'd suggest you get a refund for it.
Just get an Official Wii Remote Plus made by Nintendo, not one of the third party versions. That's all the info you should need.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Wii-Remote-Plus-Controller/d...

So I don't need the Motion version? And what about the nun chuck?

All versions are Motion, the one in the link is an official Nintendo Wii remote Plus(Plus means it's the Motion Plus for more accurate controls). There is only one official nunchuk version.

jump

Are there alot of improvements and features over the Wii version? My girlfriend has been mucking about with the Wii one recently and I may get her the U version as long as it's not double dipping.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

RenEss

Morpheel wrote:

Do you have the sensor bar above/below your TV? You need it for the wiimotes to work.

Yes, the one that came with the U.

RenEss

RenEss

arronishere wrote:

Are there alot of improvements and features over the Wii version? My girlfriend has been mucking about with the Wii one recently and I may get her the U version as long as it's not double dipping.

I went thru this whole thread last night & (although these posts are mostly over a year old) everybody seemed quite pleased with it. And it isn't double dipping. All new exercises.

RenEss

RenEss

arronishere wrote:

Plus, since they're backwards compatible you can transfer your original stats to the new U and also still play that disc. Just don't ask ME how. 😀

RenEss

SCRAPPER392

The Wii U one is the best Wii Fit, for obvious reasons. There's more modes and motion + support with 2 Wiimotes. I still record my data with the fit meter whenever I think about it. I don't really use Wii Fit U to lose weight, but only use the calorie check and go on a run or something.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

RenEss

I wish Nintendo hadn't gone with the BMI system. I really can't believe they did that. BMI was created in the 1800s, was based on a very small (like only 100 people, I think) sample pool, and didn't (still doesn't) take women's chests into account.

But, anyway, my bundle came by UPS today & I worked out for about a half hour. Did mostly yoga, but also did the hula hoop game. Only burned 50 calories, but that's 50 more calories than I burned last night!

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

RenEss

SCRAPPER392

@RenEss
Totally agree. People forgot common sense, so that's why it's still there. There's no debate that the BMI is useless, yet there's BMI charts in the doctors' office. Oh well.

Qwest

RenEss

@SCAR: At least it was kind enough to establish my Wii Age (whatever that is) as two years younger than my real age.

RenEss

SuperWiiU

SCAR wrote:

@RenEss
Totally agree. People forgot common sense, so that's why it's still there. There's no debate that the BMI is useless, yet there's BMI charts in the doctors' office. Oh well.

It's not useless, it's decent indicator for certain groups. It's just not something to rely solely on.

gcunit

RenEss wrote:

@SCAR: At least it was kind enough to establish my Wii Age (whatever that is) as two years younger than my real age.

How the hell did you manage that.? I've always been way over.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

jump

SuperWiiU wrote:

SCAR wrote:

@RenEss

It's not useless, it's decent indicator for certain groups. It's just not something to rely solely on.

I can't rely on it at all, I'm 6'5, large framed and muscular and it tells me I'm overweight constantly. Even the suggested ideal weight of 12.2 stone it keeps telling me I need to aim for would mean I have to become thin as heck, I had a skeletor face when I was around 14 st which is the lightest I've ever been when I was a kid.

There's better indicators out there but nothing that can measured via weight/balance board, the golden rule is to just make sure your waist (not trousers/pants waist size) is at least under half the length of your height in inches.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

SuperWiiU

arronishere wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

SCAR wrote:

@RenEss

I can't rely on it at all, I'm 6'5, large framed and muscular and it tells me I'm overweight constantly. Even the suggested ideal weight of 12.2 stone it keeps telling me I need to aim for would mean I have to become thin as heck, I had a skeletor face when I was around 14 st which is the lightest I've ever been when I was a kid.

There's better indicators out there but nothing that can measured via weight/balance board, the golden rule is to just make sure your waist (not trousers/pants waist size) is at least under half the length of your height in inches.

Stones, inches, talk about outdated terms. Get with the metric already.

I'm just a few inches shorter than you, but I don't think I'd be that thin if I weighted 12.2 stone. But last year BMI told me I was at a healthy weight while I was still overweight, so that didn't make much sense either.

SCRAPPER392

Well, I'm 217 lbs, but I'm not fat, and it says I'm obese(which means I'm fat). I ran a half a mile in like 2 minutes, yesterday.

The only thing I think is that you would have a smaller body, that the BMI would matter. That's why I'm going off of calories. The fit metter was saying I was burning around 1000 caleries per day, so I literally had to be lazy on purpose.

EDIT: I weighed 254 lbs before I decided to lose weight, and I did it in 10 months. I used Wii Fit U to get started, because I was already being lazy at every possible moment, then I just did it.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

jump

SCAR wrote:

Well, I'm 217 lbs, but I'm not fat, and it says I'm obese(which means I'm fat). I ran a half a mile in like 2 minutes, yesterday.

The only thing I think is that you would have a smaller body, that the BMI would matter. That's why I'm going off of calories. The fit metter was saying I was burning around 1000 caleries per day, so I literally had to be lazy on purpose.

I've had to cut down of my running to for the same reason, at my peak I could run 10 miles in a hour but it ended up that I was starting to starve myself on that regime as I would have to be eating in the 4000+ calories a day range as well as eating the equivalent amount of protein of 1 & 1/2 chickens a day.

Nicolai wrote:

SCRAPPER392

arronishere wrote:

SCAR wrote:

I've had to cut down of my running to for the same reason, at my peak I could run 10 miles in a hour but it ended up that I was starting to starve myself on that regime as I would have to be eating in the 4000+ calories a day range as well as eating the equivalent amount of protein of 1 & 1/2 chickens a day.

Ya, that's pretty crazy. I can walk that far in about 2 hours, but not run. I can lift a lot so, I might as well play racket ball on the Wii Fit U instead of going all far, and I never swim, unfortunately, because no pool, no money for pool. Oh well.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

I have weights in the garage, so I figured you were mostly a runner if you could run that fast in that amount of time. I do a lot of squats and have been working on my vertical jump, etc, but not running all far.

Qwest

jump

SCAR wrote:

I have weights in the garage, so I figured you were mostly a runner if you could run that fast in that amount of time. I do a lot of squats and have been working on my vertical jump, etc, but not running all far.

I use to be a runner and I doubt I'd be even close to getting to that time and distance now, when I started living alone I dropped it (as the major appeal was it being me time in my head) and switched to weights as it was quicker and I could have a TV on the background. My normal routine now is 3 days which are half yoga and half weights with 1 day running although I've been getting into running again as I've moved in with my girlfriend 7ish months ago so when she wants to watch something I can't stand like Greys Anatomy or Games of Thrones I end up going running now as she complains that my grunts are too loud when I'm weight lighting.

Are you trying to bulk up or are you just doing it for your own fitness?

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

RenEss

@gcunit: No idea, but it redeemed itself from telling me I was darn near obese.

RenEss

RenEss

SuperWiiU wrote:

SCAR wrote:

@RenEss

It's a decent indicator for a very, very small group of people. You have to be the most average of average. You can't be "too" tall. You can't be very muscular. And you have to be flat chested.

RenEss

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.