Forums

Topic: What did you think of the Nintendo Direct in relation to the Wii U?

Posts 161 to 180 of 279

moomoo

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Little Mac stole the show for the first minutes. And more Bayo 2 is goodness.

I don't know, man. X is an RPG with giant robots that turn into motorcycles that also happens to be the sequel to the best JRPG last gen. I don't think you can really beat that.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Taffy

Why can't they put the GBA games on the 3DS, I already have a few from the ambassador thing they did. Seems like a waste of resources but they know what they're doing what with the recent financial successes and huge third party support.

Roll on 2015 from DS games that would make more sense on the 3DS then on the Wii U, don't know if I'll have time for them though what with the AMAZING amount of VC games already on the Wii U including the numerous N64 games on it!

Edited on by Taffy

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

AJ_Lethal

moomoo wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Not bad. Not bad at all.

I don't know, man. X is an RPG with giant robots that turn into motorcycles that also happens to be the sequel to the best JRPG last gen. I don't think you can really beat that.

Eh... I dunno, combat looked a little dull.

RancidVomit86

I have to admit Little Mac was a great addition I think.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Jazzer94

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@Jazzer94
OBVIOUSLY there are going to be must have titles on all of the 8th generation consoles later down the line, but comments like this make my blood boil when people get either the PS4 or One and claim the Wii U has nothing going for it.

One of my hallmates got CoD Ghosts for his 360 on launch day. Just a couple days back, he bought a One and with it... CoD Ghosts. However, he doesn't play it because his friends only have it on the 360... BUT getting the One is considered a more viable option even if the games people want are available on the previous system.

This not my personal opinion but maybe none of the games for Wii U excite these people and they see more worth in Titanfall and Infamous Second Sons and whatever else is coming out for the two and whats the problem with that not everyone has the same taste in games just like your friend who brought COD Ghosts twice its his money which he can do whatever he wants with.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Retro_on_theGo

@taffy the Wii U needs to sell more. The GBA and DS games being on the Wii U over 3DS is just their way to try and get those sales. It's an incentive, albeit a small one, it has over the 3DS to get buyers.
Personally, I'm not excited at all for the GBA games, but once they're here I'll be glad to finally play Super Star Saga. Especially now that my 3DS screen is broken.

moomoo

AJ_Lethal wrote:

moomoo wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Not bad. Not bad at all.

You've clearly never played Xenoblade. Which makes sense, since it's freaking expensive now.
Trust me when I say it is the opposite of dull. It's strategic, fast-paced, and finds an incredible balance between the tactics of a turn-based RPG and the visceral nature of an action RPG.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Jazzer94

RancidVomit86 wrote:

He loked awesome and was kick serious butt, great addition in my opinion.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UTXGamer

A MK8 bundle would likely move a lot of units.

They need it to be a mega console mover if they want 3rd parties to consider giving the console more support.

I'm guessing the next direct will give some info on June-September releases(if there are any) probably in March/April whenever Nintendo plans on going into more detail on their QOL platform. E3 will probably be where we see the fall/winter lineup.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

Retro_on_theGo

Jazzer94 wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

He loked awesome and was kick serious butt, great addition in my opinion.

Holy crud I didn't even realize his trailer used the classic Punch-Out tune in the beginning because I was squealing so loud. Just such a perfect way to start the Direct! :,)

SCRAPPER392

I highly recommend watching the ND on the Wii U eShop. The live stream doesn't really do the presentation any justice in comparison.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Dreamsleep

AJ_Lethal wrote:

moomoo wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Not bad. Not bad at all.

You can't watch Xenoblade, or X, and get anything out of it. You have to play it, honestly. I'm not saying you'd think it was amazing, it just doesn't translate well to watching. While playing there is a lot going on, and with all of the new animations and battle styles with the mechs...it's going to be awesome!

Anyway, WiiU had a good showing. Bayonetta 2, and X, were the highlight...of course. Smash, well...how can you not like that? Mario Kart looks cool, but it's not high on my list. X is probably 2015, though. I am horrible at action games, but I just might finally get a WiiU for Bayonetta 2, if I don't hear anything about SMT X FE. I think that game is dead...

I don't get the portable console games on the WiiU VC, really. Just do not get it. I want Gamecube games....

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Neoproteus

Well that was a total disappointment... I'll get the big Wii U titles but every one of them is a game I'd blow through in a week.

X looks like garbage now. That was kind of a letdown...

Encouraging though. I know I can do better so if the games industry can just stay in this slump for a couple more years I'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Neoproteus

SCRAPPER392

Neoproteus wrote:

X looks like garbage now. That was kind of a letdown...

It's looked the same for a while. Most of us knew what to expect when they announced it 2 months after Wii U came out.

Qwest

MasterHiggins

Does anyone get the feeling Yarn Yoshi has become scrap material?

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

SCRAPPER392

Seandaddy wrote:

Does anyone get the feeling Yarn Yoshi has become scrap material?

No. Just because they haven't said anything, doesn't mean it was scrapped.

That would be like saying Zelda U was scrapped, because they haven't even shown anything.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it, does that mean that its sound is non-existent?

Also, no. I'm not trolling you.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Doobie

Its basically up to Bayonetta 2 and X to save the Wii U. Luckily I am beyond excited for both titles and have been watching the new footage for both games nonstop. Let those developers take as long as they need to make them perfect!

Doobie

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1731-2248

Doobie

@Seandaddy Kind of hard for Nintendo to hype 2 Yoshi games at once, Yarn Yoshi and New Yoshi Island for 3DS...

Edited on by Doobie

Doobie

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1731-2248

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.