Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - OT

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,761

iPunch_Very_Hard

As someone who never played TP on Wii — because, at the time, I adamantly disliked the console — I am excited to play this HD version on Wii U. I never played a Zelda game I didn't like.

***KO POWER***

jump

^I've never played the Wii version of TP either as I already had it on the NGC couldn't be bothered to double dip but in hindsight it would probably be better for me to play the Wii version now rather the Wii U ones as it's more of a different experience.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

iKhan

@Haru17:

You see Zant do half of those things. But you are right, you do see Ganondorf do some bad things in the past. What I meant is that unlike in WW or Ocarina of Time, you don't see him steadily making the world worse. You only find out about him after most of the problem is solved.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jump

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Well, to be fair, he wasn't.... displaced for a majority of WW and OOT. In TP, he works more behind the scenes because of his banishment. With Zant as a proxy.

OOT was the first appearance of Ganondorf timeline-wise, so he was probably uncontested until people went "oh hey, dude is evil" (and Link getting sealed for seven years probably didn't help).

And in Wind Waker, he mostly just chills in Forsaken Fortress, but can obviously do more in person then across realms. Especially when one has an army of sorts... although, Wind Waker's world never got as bad as OOT's. At least, from what I remember (unless you're refering to the storm and Greatfish Island).

He's kidnapping girls in Wind Waker too.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

@Haru17:

You see Zant do half of those things. But you are right, you do see Ganondorf do some bad things in the past. What I meant is that unlike in WW or Ocarina of Time, you don't see him steadily making the world worse. You only find out about him after most of the problem is solved.

All of the Mirror of Twilight stuff is most closely connected to him, because it's dark magic isn't twili in nature.

Also, you're overlooking that this is Ganondorf: we know who he is, we know what he does. All he has to do is show up in a few cutscenes and be nefarious, which he did in spades.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Chandlero

Haru17 wrote:

Also, you're overlooking that this is Ganondorf: we know who he is, we know what he does. All he has to do is show up in a few cutscenes and be nefarious, which he did in spades.

Yes, you know it but there are people that never played a Zelda game before. For them the introduction of Ganondorf in TP at the very end is just needless.

iKhan

Haru17 wrote:

All of the Mirror of Twilight stuff is most closely connected to him, because it's dark magic isn't twili in nature.

I played Twilight Princess before Ocarina of Time, so I didn't really get that feeling of "oh I remember him, he sucks"

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

@Tsurii: I guess what I'm thinking of is that you actually visit the world and see what Ganon has done in those games.

You do this in TP for the first 3 dungeons, but then the world is free of Twilight, and the only think you are doing is collecting maguffins to find Zant. Yes, the Mirror had a negative impact on the Yetis and the Oocca, but it was made to seem a bit like an accident IMO.

Dezzy

iKhan wrote:

I played Twilight Princess before Ocarina of Time, so I didn't really get that feeling of "oh I remember him, he sucks"

How did you manage such a thing? Did Twilight Princess come out when you were a kid or something?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

The game is old enough to be the "baby's first Zelda" of many many gamers.

Some people just skipped the n64 though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

Morpheel wrote:

Twilight Princess was my first introduction into the series, namely because the first home console my family owned was a Wii. Before that, I had handhelds, but wasn't really interested in Zelda as a kid.

So why Twilight Princess? The story looked different and interesting enough to warrant a try, plus I'm a huge fan of wolves.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

iKhan

@Dezzy: I basically had no idea which games were good back when I the N64 was my main system. But I was a little kid, who can blame me?

Dezzy

Morpheel wrote:

Old enough. But maybe too scary! Depends which ads the parents see I imagine.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

I mean, it's not like it's easy to miss. Even I, growing up in the 2000s, played the Collector's Edition disc.

Playing Ocarina of Time alongside Super Mario Sunshine as my first real games probably influenced my eschewing of graphics snobbery, come to think of it.

Twilight Princess on a launch Wii, though, was something else entirely. Game was crazy huge the first time through.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Grumblevolcano

The digital preload is live for NA.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Morpheel: Free gift with the Mario Kart Double Dash GC bundle.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

Nope, we never had Mario kart. (Also, the one I have is the disc with master quest).

I think my brother just tricked a friend into giving him the disc. And wind waker.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jariw

Since it's now Zelda's 30th birthday (in Japan), I made this based on the TP:HD-style Zelda:
Untitled

jariw

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.