Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,301 to 8,320 of 27,917

Arminillo

I come from smash fest with grave news. Olimar has been completely destroyed.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Rezalack

This is hilarious. I love his take on The Villager.. it's funny he practically describes the meme while being completely oblivious to it.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

MAN1AC

The lines were too long at the BB near me. People were camped out the night before >__> and I could see them lined up on my way to work this morning. Then I stopped by on my way home and the store was packed.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

2Sang

I was first in line and arrived at 6 am. Got 2 turns on wii u and 2 on 3ds. Met a ton of cool people and streetpassed like crazy.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

The Smash Fest was flippin' AWESOME!

So I got there a half hour early only and had to wait three hours in line. I don't care man, those two minutes were worth it! The game is so fun and the atmosphere was great. I can't comment on mechanics and stuff since I don't play competitive and payed no attention to that in the heat of the moment. I used Megaman and had NO idea what I was doing! He's pretty hard to use, you gotta know what to do. Incredibly fun to mess around with though. He's kinda sluggish. Overall the game didn't feel very fast but it was not nearly as floaty as brawl, not at all.
I got my cousin to record my match so let me know if the link works. I couldn't get it up on youtube so idk if my FB will let people see it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=292452127602813&a...

Apparently, Illinois LOVES Megaman. Just listen to that reaction when I got the final smash! So awesome!!

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

JunkosBoobies

...I feel like I'm the only one that can't go to Smashfest. Or any big gaming event for that matter.
Why must life be so hard. ;_____________________________________________________________________;

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

Spuratis wrote:

This is hilarious. I love his take on The Villager.. it's funny he practically describes the meme while being completely oblivious to it.

LMAO. wow. Just wow. I love Conan but the clueless gamer bit he's been having has been a weird combination of painful and funny.
It was really interesting to see all of Nintendo through the eyes of the average person that doesn't play video games. He kinda went too far with that you have no life joke, you could tell it was the only thing the white haired guy didn't laugh at.
Well, great publicity at least Nintendo.

e-love

I wish I was able to go to Smash Fest. REGRETS.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

SheldonRandoms

The time on this counter is now going up!! http://www.onefinalsmash.com/

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Gridatttack

Too bad that website was registered with a hotmail account and uses RPG Maker sounds

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

SheldonRandoms

Gridatttack wrote:

Too bad that website was registered with a hotmail account and uses RPG Maker sounds

I didn't know that would happen when I created that websi........I mean i'm just wondering what's going on!!??!!??

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Azooooz

DestinyMan wrote:

I just got back from Smash Fest. It was a blast!

• My Best Buy location (Outer Loop, Louisville, Kentucky) was busy, but died down the later it got
  • The way it was set up wasn't good, as it had a single long line going to a TV that couldn't be seen from the long line. If you wanted to see a match, you had to be at the TV area without joining the line to play. My sister suggested another way they could set it up to where the people in the line could watch the game, and they will consider it
  • My sister and I got new Mario Kart 8 flags, Kirby: Triple Deluxe erasers, Super Smash Bros. badges, and Smash Bros. stickers
  • Best Buy employees came around with Smash Bros. 3DS, which intially surprised me because I thought only the Wii U version was playable. The employees were oddly strapped to a belt with two 3DS XLs with Smash Bros. 3DS so they wouldn't run off with the systems.
  • I was able to play a little of Smash Run with Donkey Kong, one match with computer opponents, and two multiplayer matches. Smash Run is very interesting and pretty hectic. I mainly only saw Kid Icarus and Mario enemies, but maybe a Metroid enemy. I played at Rainbow Road with Pit, Bowser at the Reset Bomb Forest, and Donkey Kong at Golden Plains or the New Super Mario Bros. 2 stage. All the stages were great and the game plays very smoothly!
  • My sister and I played Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS much more than we expected. We played four or five matches in Smash Bros. Wii U and three matches in the 3DS version not counting Smash Fest
  • Smash Bros. Wii U looks terrific
  • We got to see all the stages and play most of them. They all look really fun!
  • Assist trophies appeared somewhat frequently. Ones we saw were Tingle (who I didn't know returned), Waluigi, Dark Samus, Midna, Elec Man, Devil, Nintendog, and Lyn.
  • Lots of new items, such as the spiny shell from Mario Kart that we saw frequently
  • I played Donkey Kong, Pit, Bowser, and Zero Suit Samus
  • Donkey Kong's final smash is the same from Brawl, except now it obviously references Donkey Konga by actually having the bar appear
  • Pit's final smash is the Three Sacred Treasures and is far better than the Centurions from Brawl
  • Zero Suit Samus' final smash is the gunship, in which she boards it and leaves the screen. A cursor appears so you can shoot at your opponents.
  • Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see Giga Bowser, even though I really wanted to see what he looked like in these new games. However, a Best Buy guy told me that he has seen him and he has a significant upgrade in visuals, and he also stands upright.
  • Pit plays very differently this time
  • Bowser is more powerful than ever
  • The most popular characters at the demo were Mega Man and Little Mac

How does the game mechanic feel? Is it faster than Brawl?

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Azooooz

DestinyMan wrote:

@Azooooz: Both versions of the new Smash Bros. have faster physics than Brawl.

But is it closer to Melee?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Jazzer94

Azooooz wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

@Azooooz: Both versions of the new Smash Bros. have faster physics than Brawl.

But is it closer to Melee?

It in between you can clearly see that in videos plus characters seem to fly off further on lower percentages then before.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MegaStoneSmash91

So, I returned from my day long adventure to the Smash Fest with friends, and it was a total blast! I'll try to tell as much as I can about my experience.

When we got there, the line looked pretty long (I was at the Cedar Rapids, IA one btw) and I was concerned about the number of times we would get to play. Luckily the many Streetpasses I was getting helped pass the time. Must have gotten at least 30 or 40. Like others have said, both versions of the game were playable, but I'll try to keep just my Wii U experiences in this thread. I'll put the 3DS ones over in the 3DS thread. The 3DS version was available right before reaching the Wii U, so you could play it while you waited for a turn on Wii U. Fortunately, all five matches I played I was able to play with my 3 friends and not strangers. We played two on the first go, and got back in line to play three more. The line sort of curved around, so if you were near the back you couldn't see the TV the game was on. As you drew near the front, you could start watching matches up close. There were 4 Wii U Pro Controllers available to use, and I'm glad it wasn't Wiimotes or something. I played as Mega Man on the 3DS version earlier, so I had some experience with him. Naturally I went with him first. He is really a character you need to use for yourself to appreciate how he plays. It takes a little getting used to, as some of his moves are rather irregular when compared to other fighters. The game looked and ran great, and was awesome to see in person. It felt a bit more "heavy" than Brawl, but not as much as Melee, so I'd say the balance of both is coming along nicely. For the second round, I chose Link because I was interested in how different he was this time around. In general I was pleased, as he felt overall more useful than in Brawl. He seemed a tad slower in some respects, but he seemed to be a bit more powerful. His new dash attack is good, and better than his old one.

After this second match we got back in line. For the other three rounds, I played as Villager, Mario, and Mega Man again in that order.

-Villager is also a character that requires some getting used to. He has a lot of obscure attacks that you need to learn how to use effectively. For instance, the bowling ball he is seen using is actually his side smash attack. It's range is terrible, and is somewhat situational, but hitting with it feels good. Best used when standing on a platform above enemies, or using the burial technique with his shovel down smash attack.
-Some nice alternate costumes were featured. Link had a purple costume. Mega Man had red and white (like when using Rush), green and white, and brownish-green and yellow (think Metal Blade colors from Mega Man 2) costumes. Mario had his Wario colors, Fire Mario, and the pink/blue one seen in the Invitational. Villager had all the ones featured in the Female Villager reveal Pic of the Day. Bowser had his black one from previous games, a yellow themed one, and a new green one.
-When Little Mac wins a match, Doc Louis is featured on the results screen with him. It's a nice little addition and is fun to see.
-Items I saw included the Super Leaf, Blue Shell, Beam Sword, X Bomb, Pitfall, Party Ball, Lightning, Warp Star, Unira, Back Shield, Jetpack, Fire Bar, Starman, Fire Flower, Bullet Bill, Beetle, Gust Bellows, Cucco, Fairy Bottle, Bumper, Smart Bomb, most likely a few more I don't remember, in addition to Assist Trophies and Smash Balls.
-Assist Trophies I saw: Shadow, Midna, Dillon, Nintendog, Lyn, Chain Chomp, and probably a couple others I can't recall.
-For Final Smashes, I didn't see as many as I'd like, but I did catch a few good ones, including Giga Bowser. Mario, Link, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Zelda, Marth, Fox, and Olimar all have the same one as in Brawl. DK's is a bit different, though, as you now get an on-screen visual to help with the button timing.
-One of the hosts at this particular event was decked out in Pikmin garb, and he claimed to have done all the game coding for Olimar. He said he actually worked at Nintendo of Japan. Interesting.
-The same guy claimed that this particular demo build of the game featured slightly lower hit knockback than the real game will actually have. This resulted in characters with higher percentages not being K.O.'d when they should have been. He didn't mention the reason for this, but my guess is it was most likely so players could stay in a match longer and/or to make it a bit easier to handle for less experienced players.

All in all, an extremely good day. Got some nice bonuses to take home, including a Smash Bros. Pin, Stickers, and for some reason Kirby Triple Deluxe erasers.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

MegaStoneSmash91

@DestinyMan I didn't get the best look, since the player using him barely stood still for a quarter of a second and was spamming down smash attacks, but he did look like an almighty beast.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Azooooz

My only concern about the game is that if they can keep their promise of Wii U version release date.

By the way, after the Invitational ended, Sakurai sent a notification on the Wii U saying: "Dear Super Smash Bros. fans, the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is near in completion. Thank you for your support." or something like that.

Shirma_Akayaku

I think if there's a Rosalina & Luma amiibo, when you put it in Mario Kart 8 there will be a Luma by Rosalina's side, just like in Mario Kart Wii.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

whodatninja

Rosalina wrote:

I think if there's a Rosalina & Luma amiibo, when you put it in Mario Kart 8 there will be a Luma by Rosalina's side, just like in Mario Kart Wii.

Never been into figurines but I'd totally buy a Rosalina (& Luma) amiibo

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic