Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,981 to 7,000 of 27,917

Henmii

All that whining about Ridley being impossible: This is Super smash brothers. They can make characters smaller so that they fit into the roster. Everything is possible!

In a perfect world every included franchise should have a Hero AND a villain as representatives! Just my opinion.

Henmii

UGXwolf

Henmii wrote:

All that whining about Ridley being impossible: This is Super smash brothers. They can make characters smaller so that they fit into the roster. Everything is possible!

In a perfect world every included franchise should have a Hero AND a villain as representatives! Just my opinion.

Eeeeeeehhhhhhhhh.... not really.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

Henmii wrote:

And the game would probably be broken so no.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Bolt_Strike

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Ganondorf badly needs decloning. I would hope that is the reason he hasn't been revealed yet- they're going to show off his new move set when they do.

I hope, anyway.

Falco and Wolf too if they come back (not really expecting Wolf to make a return, but I think Falco probably will).

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

FriedSquid

No offense, but I find it ironic that people want Ganondorf to use his sword this time. I want him to as well, but what I find ironic is that this would make him a sword-wielder, and when someone like Chrom is brought up people say that there are too many sword-wielders.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

2Sang

Squid wrote:

No offense, but I find it ironic that people want Ganondorf to use his sword this time. I want him to as well, but what I find ironic is that this would make him a sword-wielder, and when someone like Chrom is brought up people say that there are too many sword-wielders.

The sword-wielder argument is invalid. There's only Meta knight, link, toon link, marth, Pit, and Ike. I don't care if there's 20 sword fighters personally, as long as none are clones cough*toon link*cough. All sword fighters with a single exception are unique. I'd much rather have Chrom than Frogger and I chose him as my starter pokemon for x.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

2Sang

[quote=Henmii]All that whining about Ridley being impossible: This is Super smash brothers. They can make characters smaller so that they fit into the roster. Everything is possible!

In a perfect world every included franchise should have a Hero AND a villain as representatives! Just my opinion.[/quote

I don't know about EVERY franchise (ice climber, g&w, and gyromite) but I'd be okay if all 8 franchises from the original smash got a villain rep.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

UGXwolf

@Bolt_Strike At the expense of sounding like a broke. record, Wolf is just fine. He plays nothing like Fox, so the only change I think we need is a new Final Smash. Falco, on the other hand, should be made a pure aerial fighter with a defensive ground game, as opposed to Fox and Wolf's offensive ground games.

@2sang Can you please stop bashing Greninja? He looks just fine. Even if you think another Poke'mon deserved it more, he's thr one that got in, and he looks awesome.

Also, you said exactly what I wanted to about the "every franchise" thing. Thank you.

Edited on by UGXwolf

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

@Bolt_Strike At the expense of sounding like a broke. record, Wolf is just fine. He plays nothing like Fox, so the only change I think we need is a new Final Smash.

His specials are all functionally similar to Fox and Falco. Having three characters from the same franchise use the same Blaster/Dash Attack/Charge Attack/Shield combo is just plain overkill, can we please have some originality for once?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@Bolt_Strike At the expense of sounding like a broke. record, Wolf is just fine. He plays nothing like Fox, so the only change I think we need is a new Final Smash.

His specials are all functionally similar to Fox and Falco. Having three characters from the same franchise use the same Blaster/Dash Attack/Charge Attack/Shield combo is just plain overkill, can we please have some originality for once?

Except they aren't. I haven't played enough Falco and Fox to explain the differences between reflectors, other than to say that Wolf's stun is somehow better, but the other three are very clearly not the same and don't work to the same effect in any way shape or form. While Fox and Falco use their up-special for recovery, Fire Wolf is a terrible recovery move, as it has low priority, and too many recovery frames to be any use in returning to the stage. It's entirely an attack move, with the emphasis being on nailing someone with the smash knockback at the tail end. His dash attack, similarly, is about nailing someone with the meteor smash at the tail end of the dash line, unlike Fox's and Falco's which are best used as a harrassment move. And the blaster's don't even look similar. While Fox and Falco can shoot all the way across the stage with their blasters and fire multiple rounds, Wolf's is short-ranged and deals more damage, but can only be shot one before reholstering. There's also a blade at the end of Wolf's blaster for extra damage, if you use the attack up close and personal. Fox's and Falco's blasters are clearly long-ranged weapons while Wolf's is clearly intended to end a pseudo-combo at very close range.

Heck, the difference is day-and-night, when you take the melees into account, which happens to be the majority of Wolf's good moves, anyways. Wolf is undoubtedly an agressive, all-offense, close range fighter. Everything about him has been tweaked to be as brutal in 1v1, close-quarters combat as possible. Fox, on the other hand, is very obviously a long-range fighter with a great move for KOs at high percentage that has no wind-up lag, making it the perfect finisher. They play nothing alike.

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Except they aren't. I haven't played enough Falco and Fox to explain the differences between reflectors, other than to say that Wolf's stun is somehow better, but the other three are very clearly not the same and don't work to the same effect in any way shape or form. While Fox and Falco use their up-special for recovery, Fire Wolf is a terrible recovery move, as it has low priority, and too many recovery frames to be any use in returning to the stage. It's entirely an attack move, with the emphasis being on nailing someone with the smash knockback at the tail end. His dash attack, similarly, is about nailing someone with the meteor smash at the tail end of the dash line, unlike Fox's and Falco's which are best used as a harrassment move. And the blaster's don't even look similar. While Fox and Falco can shoot all the way across the stage with their blasters and fire multiple rounds, Wolf's is short-ranged and deals more damage, but can only be shot one before reholstering. There's also a blade at the end of Wolf's blaster for extra damage, if you use the attack up close and personal. Fox's and Falco's blasters are clearly long-ranged weapons while Wolf's is clearly intended to end a pseudo-combo at very close range.

Heck, the difference is day-and-night, when you take the melees into account, which happens to be the majority of Wolf's good moves, anyways. Wolf is undoubtedly an agressive, all-offense, close range fighter. Everything about him has been tweaked to be as brutal in 1v1, close-quarters combat as possible. Fox, on the other hand, is very obviously a long-range fighter with a great move for KOs at high percentage that has no wind-up lag, making it the perfect finisher. They play nothing alike.

Those are all fairly minor differences. The moves basically work the same way, but with minor differences in range and power.

Bolt_Strike

Mine01

I play both fox and wold and saying wolf is a clone of fox is just nuts.

Except for their FS lol.

Mine01

3DS Friend Code: 5000-3484-9808 | Nintendo Network ID: soakedmine

UGXwolf

@Bolt_Strike Minor differences that make up for a MASSIVE difference in playstyle. If they cut Wolf, I won't have a main, anymore, because Fox and Falco play nothing even close to how he does. (Now honestly, I've been paying attention, and Little Mac would likely be my new main, in that scenario, but Little Mac shouldn't be replacing Wolf by any means.) My point is that while Wolf can still be called a semi-clone, he's not even close to interchangable with Fox and Falco. They made a point to make him feel completely different than Fox and Falco, and I have trouble imagining them scrapping it altogether just because people who don't play the character can't appreciate the big difference that the subtle differences make. Besides, going back to the melees, they're not even remotely similar. They are all completely different from one another and don't even serve similar purposes.

@Mine01 Which is--funny enough--not the reason I'm saying his FS needs to be changed. Fox and Wolf having an extremely similar FS makes sense. Falco also having that FS? Not so much. Either way, after three landmasters in one game, I'd rather see all three removed and replaced with some other cool thing. Hopefully not all very similar, but eh, whatever.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Henmii

Just started watching the Direct (I didn't have time untill now): Did Sakurai really say Super smash brothers 3DS...IN 3D?! So they have changed their minds, and now it really comes in 3D? That's great!

I also saw a Pilotwings stage (well, more of the Pilotwings Resort variety). But Pilotwings also has its own logo (Mario is represented by a Mushroom, Zelda by the Triforce, etc), so does this mean there is a Pilotwings character in the roster? Or just a Mii? Interesting.

Update: Nah, it probably means nothing. There's also a Nintendogs logo, and I am pretty sure there won't be a playable Nintendog (only a assist trophy and a Nintendog stage).

By the way: Megamans final smash looks awesome!

As for Smash run: I saw some Kremlins, so it seems Nintendo still has the rights.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Jazzer94

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Pic of the day. Ready now? Together with me!"

Is this supposed to be her final smash or just apart or the Wii Fit stage, plus Sakurai really has been increasing the amount of pics with rear ends and I really don't know why.
Edit: Remembered that we've already seen Wii Fit Trainers FS.

Edited on by Jazzer94

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Eel

Sakurai is just demonstrating that these models can do the legendary (and painful-looking) booty+boobs waist twist that comic fans and artists love so much.

I think I have seen the WiiFit stage showing huge cut-outs of the trainer doing these healthy poses before. It's just a part of the stage.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

Brawl assist trophies that have not appeared yet:
1. Kat & Ana (probably replaced by Ashley, but you never know)
2. Isaac
3. Tingle
4. Excitebikes
5. Tanks and Infantry
6. Jill
7. Helirin
8. Mr. Resetti
9. Hammer Bro. (now an enemy in Smash Run)
10. Lakitu
11. Shadow
12. Grey Fox
13. Jeff
14. Barbara the Bat
15. Ray Mk. II
The list doesn't include Little Mac because he's been promoted.

Little Mac was an assist trophy in brawl? I guess I never saw him even though I played the game a lot, or maybe I just didn't notice.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

DreamyViridi

Does anyone remember ZSS's Down Special jump from Brawl?
I think that's what she's doing in the pic, look at those after-images.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jazzer94

TheGreatGamer wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Brawl assist trophies that have not appeared yet:
1. Kat & Ana (probably replaced by Ashley, but you never know)
2. Isaac
3. Tingle
4. Excitebikes
5. Tanks and Infantry
6. Jill
7. Helirin
8. Mr. Resetti
9. Hammer Bro. (now an enemy in Smash Run)
10. Lakitu
11. Shadow
12. Grey Fox
13. Jeff
14. Barbara the Bat
15. Ray Mk. II
The list doesn't include Little Mac because he's been promoted.

Little Mac was an assist trophy in brawl? I guess I never saw him even though I played the game a lot, or maybe I just didn't notice.

Untitled

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic