Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,601 to 4,620 of 27,917

UGXwolf

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

Here's a "leak" of what the character icons on the select screen are supposed to look like...
Untitled
It's perfect.

THAT'S FROM MY BLOG! I'M MASTERHOCUSPOCUS ON TUMBLR! I MADE THIS POST AND CROPPED ALL THOSE PICTURES!

Legit

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Shirma_Akayaku

UGXwolf wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

Here's a "leak" of what the character icons on the select screen are supposed to look like...
Untitled
It's perfect.

THAT'S FROM MY BLOG! I'M MASTERHOCUSPOCUS ON TUMBLR! I MADE THIS POST AND CROPPED ALL THOSE PICTURES!

Legit

Well Sakurai is adding a lot more facial expressions to the game... but if I could use those icons, I definitely would, online.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Shirma_Akayaku

So this is what the Smash Community does to characters?
Untitled
They turned the Villager into some murderous creep (plus the Wii Fit TRAINER).
They turn Rosalina into a cruel, condescending character.
Well what's next internet? I'd really like to know...

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

UGXwolf

Rosalina wrote:

So this is what the Smash Community does to characters?
Untitled
They turned the Villager into some murderous creep (plus the Wii Fit TRAINER).
They turn Rosalina into a cruel, condescending character.
Well what's next internet? I'd really like to know...

Hey, that's not all we've done! Zelda is now a creep, Alfonzo is now extremely reliable, and Wolf can't let you do anything.

LyIa

Rule 34 everywhere...
Plus all the ironic memes.
I don't know about you, but it's pretty darn hilarious. Lighten up, guys.

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings 👑

UGXwolf

AnActualDash wrote:

Rule 34 everywhere...
Plus all the ironic memes.
I don't know about you, but it's pretty darn hilarious. Lighten up, guys.

Agreed. It's all in good fun.

Snagrio

It is remarkable how Smash can take any, and I mean ANY character and turn them into an internet star. Only for WFT's case the fame is sadly for all the wrong reasons...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

DudeSean

I'm going to go ahead and guess that the final roster looks something like this:
Untitled
I'm not too familiar with Fire Emblem or Pokemon, so... yeah.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

shinpichu

DudeSean wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and guess that the final roster looks something like this:
Untitled

I seriously hope this isn't actually what you think the roster will look like. 4 Sonic characters and 3 Mega Man characters? Really?

And people need to stop cutting Snake. He's more likely to return than most people give him credit for.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

DudeSean

shinpichu wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

Untitled

I seriously hope this isn't actually what you think the roster will look like. 4 Sonic characters and 3 Mega Man characters? Really?

And people need to stop cutting Snake. He's more likely to return than most people give him credit for.

lol. Did I ruffle your feathers a bit there? What's wrong with 4 Sonic and 3 Mega Man characters? Too much non-Nintendo? And then you go on about how Snake is likely going to return. He doesn't deserve to return unless Wii U gets an actual Metal Gear game. I know 3DS got an 8 year old port two years ago, but really, Snake's inclusion would just be to advertise MGS5 on PS4 just as Snake's appearance in Brawl was just to advertise MGS4 in PS3. If Snake is going to be in Smash 4 then Snake needs an original game for a Nintendo system.

DudeSean

SheldonRandoms

People think Snake won't return because they would rather have Simon Belmont or Bomberman from Konami (They have them now.....I think), or they say that he's barely on Nintendo consoles anymore. Watch on the release day of the game, when people go to the store, buy the game and get home, they open the box, and it's revealed that Snake was in the box the entire time........And then they announce him a week later or something.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

shinpichu

DudeSean wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

Untitled

lol. Did I ruffle your feathers a bit there? What's wrong with 4 Sonic and 3 Mega Man characters? Too much non-Nintendo?

Heaven forbid we put a limit on non-Nintendo characters in this NINTENDO crossover game.

And then you go on about how Snake is likely going to return. He doesn't deserve to return unless Wii U gets an actual Metal Gear game. I know 3DS got an 8 year old port two years ago, but really, Snake's inclusion would just be to advertise MGS5 on PS4 just as Snake's appearance in Brawl was just to advertise MGS4 in PS3. If Snake is going to be in Smash 4 then Snake needs an original game for a Nintendo system.

Irrelevant. If any of this were an issue, Snake wouldn't have been in Brawl.

DudeSean

shinpichu wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

Untitled

lol. Did I ruffle your feathers a bit there? What's wrong with 4 Sonic and 3 Mega Man characters? Too much non-Nintendo?

Heaven forbid we put a limit on non-Nintendo characters in this NINTENDO crossover game.

Oh, no. 7 out of 53 characters are non-Nintendo characters. Smash is ruined!

shinpichu wrote:

And then you go on about how Snake is likely going to return. He doesn't deserve to return unless Wii U gets an actual Metal Gear game. I know 3DS got an 8 year old port two years ago, but really, Snake's inclusion would just be to advertise MGS5 on PS4 just as Snake's appearance in Brawl was just to advertise MGS4 in PS3. If Snake is going to be in Smash 4 then Snake needs an original game for a Nintendo system.

Irrelevant. If any of this were an issue, Snake wouldn't have been in Brawl.

This is my personal opinion. I do not work at Nintendo and make these decisions.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

shinpichu

DudeSean wrote:

7 out of 53 is a high proportion when there are whole Nintendo series/games that are unrepresented altogether on that roster. 53 characters is also a bit high to begin with(50 seems like a maximum to me personally)

Also, if you're going to fill the roster with a glut of non-Nintendo characters, some variety would have been nice. Since Snake's not in the way, why not add Bomberman or a Casttlevania character(or both)? Why not someone from Namco? Especially since I don't see much that Proto Man or Bass could bring to the table that Megaman doesn't already have covered.

This is my personal opinion. I do not work at Nintendo and make these decisions.

Yet you said:

Meaning this is what you think the roster will be like, i.e. a prediction. Don't be surprised when people ask you to back up your prediction with evidence.

Oh, and I just noticed you didn't include Ridley. Though that honestly doesn't surprise me at this point.

MrWalkieTalkie

I hope we get some form of representation from Fossil Fighters, specifically an assist trophy. It would be awesome to grab an assist trophy and then BAM! A DINOSAUR storms the Battlefield!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

shinpichu

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I hope we get some form of representation from Fossil Fighters, specifically an assist trophy. It would be awesome to grab an assist trophy and then BAM! A DINOSAUR storms the Battlefield!

I'm not familiar with fossil fighters personally, but the idea seems intriguing enough.

DudeSean

shinpichu wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

7 out of 53 is a high proportion when there are whole Nintendo series/games that are unrepresented altogether on that roster. 53 characters is also a bit high to begin with(50 seems like a maximum to me personally)

Also, if you're going to fill the roster with a glut of non-Nintendo characters, some variety would have been nice. Since Snake's not in the way, why not add Bomberman or a Casttlevania character(or both)? Why not someone from Namco? Especially since I don't see much that Proto Man or Bass could bring to the table that Megaman doesn't already have covered.

Yet you said:

Meaning this is what you think the roster will be like, i.e. a prediction. Don't be surprised when people ask you to back up your prediction with evidence.

Oh, and I just noticed you didn't include Ridley. Though that honestly doesn't surprise me at this point.

My reason for why I think Snake shouldn't be in Smash 4 is my opinion. As for my prediction not including Snake, Brawl had two third party characters (Sonic and Snake), well, Sonic is back in Smash 4 and now Mega Man is in it. So we already have two third party franchises and I don't expect anymore. Maybe one, but I have no idea what it would be and any third party character has just much of a chance as Snake does which lowers Snake's odds.

I don't see the harm in adding a few more characters from their franchises. You don't just have Mario from the Mario franchise, you have other Mario characters, too. So Sonic and Mega Man could have some more characters to represent their franchise as well. But, it's also possible that they might just include other Sonic / Mega Man characters as assist trophies.

And yeah, Ridley is a terrible idea. He's way too big. I understand they were the same size in Metroid 1, but that was due to the limitations of the NES (or at least, gen 1 NES games). In Metroid Zero Mission, we see that Ridley actually was much bigger than Samus, just like in all the other Metroid games.

DudeSean

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic