Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,741 to 3,760 of 27,917

MrPanic

Do we still do predictions, because I made a roster myself. Here it is.

Before unlocks:
Untitled

After unlocks:
Untitled

"Time flies when you throw your watch in the sky."
3DS: 0946-2616-2379

Pootypie

MrPanic wrote:

Do we still do predictions, because I made a roster myself. Here it is.

Before unlocks:
Untitled

After unlocks:
Untitled

how did you do that, also that's a small roster

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MrPanic

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Some program called roster maker, found it here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-super-smash-bros-roster-ma...

I don't see how this could be called a small roster though. It has 50 slots and 54 playable characters. Brawl only had 39 playable characters and I remember Sakurai metioning there won't be that more than brawl had. 50 spots is a insane number for any fighting game to have, I wouldn't even try to hope for more characters than this.

Pootypie

MrPanic wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Some program called roster maker, found it here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-super-smash-bros-roster-ma...

I don't see how this could be called a small roster though. It has 50 slots and 54 playable characters. Brawl only had 39 playable characters and I remember Sakurai metioning there won't be that more than brawl had. 50 spots is a insane number for any fighting game to have, I wouldn't even try to hope for more characters than this.

thanks for link! Also, I really expect the roster to be bigger than this, or the smash's roster will be almost same size

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

cookiex

My money's on King Dedede being revealed next week. After all Kirby Triple Deluxe comes out in Japan on the 11th.

With Tropical Freeze releasing in February, Diddy Kong will probably turn up around that time.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Nintendaholic

king dedede is terrible so i wouldnt be surprised if it was meta knight.

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

shinpichu

Neither Meta Knight nor Dedede is in any danger of being cut. What are you people smoking to think that they'd be cut?

And no, Sakurai (probably) doesn't really care about MK being "broken."

Edited on by shinpichu

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

OdnetninAges

shinpichu wrote:

What are you people smoking to think that they'd be cut?

Ok, I know this is the internet, but just for the hell of it, I'm going to give this a try.

Why do you believe that it was necessary to say this? I imagine that you are confident in your belief, and I actually do agree with you. (They are characters created by Sakurai, so I'd imagine he'd keep them in.) But why do you have to say that people are doing anything that'd temporarily alter the brain's way of thinking to suggest otherwise? You act as if it's common sense to know that he'd be returning, and anyone saying otherwise would have to be smoking something that'd alter the brain's way of thinking to think otherwise. Now granted, these people could be smoking something like that. I don't know about their personal lives, so I can't tell. But what if they aren't? What if they are actually just drunk? Being drunk can make alter the brain's way of thinking, too. Some guy out there is probably in a bar, realizing that Meta Knight could get cut, and is all like "Oooooooh noooooo. Meta Knight is goonnaa geht cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut because of teh bans, and the bans, and also the bans, too, maaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Daaaaaaaaaamn". They don't have to be smoking. They could also just honestly think that it's possible that Meta Knight or King Dedede could get cut. After all, the idea that Meta Knight could get cut because a lot of people say he's "broken" carries about as much weight as the idea he won't get get cut because "he was created by the same guy who is the mastermind of SSB". (At least it does to those people.) Now, as to why they'd think this, I don't know. Perhaps maybe they think he's broken? If what your saying is right, Sakurai doesn't care about that, so... As for Dedede, perhaps the people worried about him that aren't smoking or drinking are worried because they think he's not very popular? I'll ask someone later... Someone who doesn't smoke or drink. I don't know very many people who smoke or drink anyway, so it should be easy for me to find someone to ask. My neighborhood is a rather clean one. It's so nice. Anyway, I don't know why anyone who smokes or drinks would think why MK and/or Dedede would get cut. I won't be able to find that out, so I'm sorry. But if I had to guess, it'd probably be something that doesn't make sense, like "because gibberish". I can't really think of anything else that a drinking or smoking person would say. I also can't think of any other reasons why anyone would think MK or Dedede would get cut other than smoking, drinking, or having one of the reasons I mentioned earlier. You probably think that having a reason is the least likely, based on your comment. But why? I think it's much more likely that someone who isn't drinking or smoking would have a reason, like the ones I suggested earlier. The reason I think this is because I think that it's likely that a lot of people who think that Meta Knight or King Dedede would get cut are people who do not smoke or drink. I'm probably wrong, but I also think that it's likely that I am correct, but I could also be wrong about that, too. Also, if they do smoke or drink, they probably wouldn't be smoking or drinking at the time of thinking that MK or Dedede could get cut. I'm 99.9% sure that at least one person on planet Earth has thought that either Meta Knight or King Dedede would get cut while drinking or smoking, but most people who drink or smoke probably wouldn't have thought about Super Smash Bros. characters while drinking or smoking anyway. If they are thinking of Super Smash Bros. characters, there's also the possibility that they'd be thinking of other characters. There's no guarantee that they'd be thinking of MK or Dededed. They could be thinking of other characters. They could also be thinking of what characters they'd like to see get in that make no sense, like Goku, Light Yagami, Ronald McDonald, Peter Griffin, Batman, Edward Khil, Shadow, and The King from the Zelda CDi games, among others. (Said characters could also be suggested by someone who doesn't understand how characters who get into SSB works. They don't have to be high or drunk.) They could also be thinking of characters that actually have a chance of getting in, like Little Mac, Issac, Saki, Shulk, Kat & Ana, Palutena, Magnus, Chrom, Crystal, and Pac-Man among others. (Said characters could also be suggested by anyone who doesn't smoke or drink, and is a fan of Nintendo, Super Smash Bros., and/or fans of the games said characters are from. They don't have to be high or drunk.) They could also be thinking of stages, music, modes, anything. (Stages, music, modes, and anything could also be suggested by anyone. They don't have to be high or drunk.) This all applies to the people in this thread that are worried about MK and/or Dedede. They could be smoking or drinking, but they likely aren't. Either way, we don't know, so why assume that they are? That's kinda assuming a bit much, eh? I mean, it'd be weird to ask "I'm sorry good sir, but are you smoking?", but maybe "Excuse me good sir, but why do you think that he won't be returning? It's obvious that he will because reason." It'd be weird to ask "Do you smoke?" on a Nintendo forum regardless, but at least you would see why they'd think that said character would not return without assuming anything (if they reply...).

Oh well. This won't change a thing, anyway. On the internet, people will be people, no matter what anyone says, and that will never change. sigh

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Arminillo

DestinyMan wrote:

@Nintedaholic: Actually, it's Meta Knight who's most in danger of being cut, though I sincerely hope neither get cut.

Meta Knight is in official SSB4 concept art...I mean I guess he could still be cut.

Untitled

Edited on by Arminillo

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

KingDunsparce

@OdnetninAges TL;DR. What are you smoking?

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Shorts

DestinyMan wrote:

@Shorts: Could you make polls of stages and assist trophies as well?

I've done it in the past, so maybe?

IDEAL SSB Roster Poll: http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=5g648dakrkhq8i4379140
SSB4 DLC Poll: http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=kbfy3wjfgl74d43378822

SCRAPPER392

I don't think Metaknight and King Dedede are going to be cut. The only characters that ever got cut from the history of Smash Bros, were Dr. Mario, Young Link, Mewtwo, Pichu, and Roy. All of them were replaced with what I would consider, more varied or similar characters, so I wouldn't exactly call that a letdown.

I think they plan on keeping the roster how it is on Brawl, except possibly replace Lucario with Mewtwo(like they did with Mewtwo for Lucario) and maybe cut R.O.B. I don't see anyone getting cut, though, honestly. It easier to just use the characters they've made, regardless of how similar they may seem.

Wolf and Lucas probably won't even get cut, because it would be way easier to just keep them to add more value to the character selection, even if they're similar to Fox and Ness. Having one character already in the roster doesn't indicate what other characters will be there, which is exactly why complaints about Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina aren't exactly very logical. Having those characters doesn't effect what other characters will make it in the game.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

LyIa

@SCAR The series has only ever had 3 games.
But I agree with you. The Tekken series manages to have more than 50+ characters and still manage to be balanced. I'm thinking Namco will help make this roster the best one yet.

all men are kings 👑

Jazzer94

AnActualDash wrote:

But I agree with you. The Tekken series manages to have more than 50+ characters and still manage to be balanced. I'm thinking Namco will help make this roster the best one yet.

Have you played Tekken 6 that game is not balanced at all, on topic having 40 characters provides plenty of choice I don't see the need to cram the game with every Nintendo character ever that is what assist trophies are for.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MrPanic

Wonder_Mask wrote:

MrPanic wrote:

50 spots is a insane number for any fighting game to have, I wouldn't even try to hope for more characters than this.

Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was developed by Namco Bandai, this is as well. It had over 150 playable characters. I don't think fifty is too far fetched.

I hope you're not serious with this comparison. Almost every character in that game had 5 clones and all the fighters pretty much fought the same way except for usually 2 unique attacks. And even with all the clones the game was heavily unbalanced. You just can't compare those two games with each other. Not only are most new characters in smash unique in every way, they have balance them to all the other characters, game modes, stage layouts and items that can be picked up. Smash is in a whole different ballpark when it comes to balancing then Tenkaichi because Smash actually is a competitive game at heart and not just fanservice. I think that any number over 50 characters is gonna leave a negative impact on the overall balance. Don't forget they already messed it up ones with Brawl, I'm sure they won't wanna cause a similar situation. They also said that the 3ds version is putting some restrictions on the roster, which makes me think that around 50 characters is a quite accurate estimate.

Wheeler

Jazzer94 wrote:

AnActualDash wrote:

Have you played Tekken 6 that game is not balanced at all, on topic having 40 characters provides plenty of choice I don't see the need to cram the game with every Nintendo character ever that is what assist trophies are for.

Have you even played TTT2?

Wheeler

shinpichu

OdnetninAges wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

What are you people smoking to think that they'd be cut?

Ok, I know this is the internet, but just for the hell of it, I'm going to give this a try.

Why do you believe that it was necessary to say this? I imagine that you are confident in your belief, and I actually do agree with you. (They are characters created by Sakurai, so I'd imagine he'd keep them in.) But why do you have to say that people are doing anything that'd temporarily alter the brain's way of thinking to suggest otherwise? You act as if it's common sense to know that he'd be returning, and anyone saying otherwise would have to be smoking something that'd alter the brain's way of thinking to think otherwise. Now granted, these people could be smoking something like that. I don't know about their personal lives, so I can't tell. But what if they aren't? What if they are actually just drunk? Being drunk can make alter the brain's way of thinking, too. Some guy out there is probably in a bar, realizing that Meta Knight could get cut, and is all like "Oooooooh noooooo. Meta Knight is goonnaa geht cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut because of teh bans, and the bans, and also the bans, too, maaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Daaaaaaaaaamn". They don't have to be smoking. They could also just honestly think that it's possible that Meta Knight or King Dedede could get cut. After all, the idea that Meta Knight could get cut because a lot of people say he's "broken" carries about as much weight as the idea he won't get get cut because "he was created by the same guy who is the mastermind of SSB". (At least it does to those people.) Now, as to why they'd think this, I don't know. Perhaps maybe they think he's broken? If what your saying is right, Sakurai doesn't care about that, so... As for Dedede, perhaps the people worried about him that aren't smoking or drinking are worried because they think he's not very popular? I'll ask someone later... Someone who doesn't smoke or drink. I don't know very many people who smoke or drink anyway, so it should be easy for me to find someone to ask. My neighborhood is a rather clean one. It's so nice. Anyway, I don't know why anyone who smokes or drinks would think why MK and/or Dedede would get cut. I won't be able to find that out, so I'm sorry. But if I had to guess, it'd probably be something that doesn't make sense, like "because gibberish". I can't really think of anything else that a drinking or smoking person would say. I also can't think of any other reasons why anyone would think MK or Dedede would get cut other than smoking, drinking, or having one of the reasons I mentioned earlier. You probably think that having a reason is the least likely, based on your comment. But why? I think it's much more likely that someone who isn't drinking or smoking would have a reason, like the ones I suggested earlier. The reason I think this is because I think that it's likely that a lot of people who think that Meta Knight or King Dedede would get cut are people who do not smoke or drink. I'm probably wrong, but I also think that it's likely that I am correct, but I could also be wrong about that, too. Also, if they do smoke or drink, they probably wouldn't be smoking or drinking at the time of thinking that MK or Dedede could get cut. I'm 99.9% sure that at least one person on planet Earth has thought that either Meta Knight or King Dedede would get cut while drinking or smoking, but most people who drink or smoke probably wouldn't have thought about Super Smash Bros. characters while drinking or smoking anyway. If they are thinking of Super Smash Bros. characters, there's also the possibility that they'd be thinking of other characters. There's no guarantee that they'd be thinking of MK or Dededed. They could be thinking of other characters. They could also be thinking of what characters they'd like to see get in that make no sense, like Goku, Light Yagami, Ronald McDonald, Peter Griffin, Batman, Edward Khil, Shadow, and The King from the Zelda CDi games, among others. (Said characters could also be suggested by someone who doesn't understand how characters who get into SSB works. They don't have to be high or drunk.) They could also be thinking of characters that actually have a chance of getting in, like Little Mac, Issac, Saki, Shulk, Kat & Ana, Palutena, Magnus, Chrom, Crystal, and Pac-Man among others. (Said characters could also be suggested by anyone who doesn't smoke or drink, and is a fan of Nintendo, Super Smash Bros., and/or fans of the games said characters are from. They don't have to be high or drunk.) They could also be thinking of stages, music, modes, anything. (Stages, music, modes, and anything could also be suggested by anyone. They don't have to be high or drunk.) This all applies to the people in this thread that are worried about MK and/or Dedede. They could be smoking or drinking, but they likely aren't. Either way, we don't know, so why assume that they are? That's kinda assuming a bit much, eh? I mean, it'd be weird to ask "I'm sorry good sir, but are you smoking?", but maybe "Excuse me good sir, but why do you think that he won't be returning? It's obvious that he will because reason." It'd be weird to ask "Do you smoke?" on a Nintendo forum regardless, but at least you would see why they'd think that said character would not return without assuming anything (if they reply...).

Oh well. This won't change a thing, anyway. On the internet, people will be people, no matter what anyone says, and that will never change. sigh

Dude.

Chill.

I was being facetious. I don't seriously think that anybody here smokes, though if they do that's their own business. I was just using an expression that anybody could possibly believe that any Kirby character would be cut, since there is no legitimate reason to cut any of them.

Everybody needs to take a chill pill. If you think that the expressions "what are you smoking" is offensive, then I have no idea how you've lasted this long on the internet.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

OdnetninAges

@DestinyMan
@shinpichu

I'm not gonna lie, I was trying to be somewhat comical. At first, it was just going to be a 5 sentence question seriously asking what the need to ask "What are you smoking?" was, but then I came up with a bunch of other random crap that I could type out, and since I have a lot of free time (or as my friend says, "[don't] have a life"), I decided to type it out to see what the outcome would be.

So it wasn't a rant, and I didn't get angry. I'll probably get a lot of negative reception for admitting this, though. But I just wanted to point that out.

(Also, I didn't think anyone would actually read the entire thing.)

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic