Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,301 to 25,320 of 27,917

DefHalan

NightmareEater wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

I just don't see Shovel Knight in Smash Bros. It means that any character could be in Smash with ease.

Which means Ninja Turtles should be in Smash Bros.
Untitled

I rather have TMNT in Smash Bros than Shovel Knight any day.

Why not both? (or all 5, I guess)

They can be all alts similar to Bowser Jr and the kooplaings.

I wonder if that would be possible with all their different weapons. Maybe have different animations with the same hit boxes? I could see two skins for each Turtle and then with 4 turtles that would be 8 skins, but not sure how that would work with their different weapons and fighting styles. But Turtles aren't going to happen so it doesn't really matter lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TeeJay

Untitled

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MsJubilee

TeeJay wrote:

Untitled

WTF is this? Do you expect us to zoom in or something?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TeeJay

TwilightAngel wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Untitled

WTF is this? Do you expect us to zoom in or something?

Well I don't know how to make it any easier for you. It's not my picture.

...I guess I'll type it out. Give me a few minutes. I'm in my phone.

Edited on by TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DefHalan

This is what it says:

"I wasn't going to post about this initially but I guess it might be worth it now.

An anonymous source reached out to me on Twitter yesterday saying Shovel Knight is absolutely coming to Smash and that I can "quote them on it." Of course I don't believe anything like that sight unseen, and I let them know as much, but they proceeded to give me very, very, specific details about Shovel Knight's supposed moveset and Stage - too many details for them all to be lucky guesses.

Who knows if any of it is true, but they also said he's getting revealed at PAX... so at least I don't have to wait long to find out if they're full of it or not. I have reached out to them again in light of the amiibo getting leaked, but haven't heard back yet.

I'll keep you guys updated for anything this little situation is worth."

Edited on by DefHalan

TeeJay

"I wasn't going to post about this initially, but I guess it might be worth it now.

An anonymous source reached out to me on Twitter yesterday aaying that Shovel Knight is absolutely coming to Smash and that I can "quote them on it". Of course I don't believe anything like that sight unseen, and let them know as much, but then they proceedes to give my very, very specific details about his supposed moveset and stage - too many details for them to be lucky guesses.

Who knows if any of it is true, but they also said he's getting revealed at PAX, so at least I don't have to wait long to see if they're full of it or not. I've reached out to them again in light of the amiibo getting leaked, but I haven't heard back from them.

I'll keep you guys updated, for anything this little situation is worth."

@DefHalan Well thanks for ninja-ing me as I steuggled to type this all on my phone. Great use of five minutes of my time...

Edited on by TeeJay

DefHalan

I don't believe it, I think movesets are very easy to make up for a lot of characters, and it seems the crazier your idea the more people will want to believe it. Even if Shovel Knight does come to Smash, i don't think this "leak" is real.

DreamyViridi

Well, PAX is a couple of days from now, right? As equal, I'm disregarding that and wait for news from official sources. Besides, someone detailing movesets isn't what I'd call "proof".

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

NintendoFan64

Hm...sounds like a "My dad works at Nintendo"-type thing, to me. Then again, I guess we'll see in a couple of days.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DefHalan

@TeeJay: Sorry. I wasn't sure how long you were going to take or if you were just going to look for a bigger picture.

TeeJay

@DefHalan: Ah no man I'M sorry. I just got a bit salty cause I spent a lot of time scrolling up and down and typing bits and pieces of the thing on my phone only to have someone put the whole thing up before I was done. Bluh

NintendoFan64

Untitled
Oh, boy...for your sake, he better be in Smash. You're playing with fire right now, Tamaki.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

IceClimbers

I should point out that the picture above of a posting from a "MaverickHunterAsh" is actually Ash from GameXplain. He also says that we shouldn't trust his source until proven otherwise.

On another note, SourceGaming is backing up Tamaki, saying that one of their sources has been proven to be a legitimate source in the past, and that said source is confident that Shovel Knight is coming to Smash. However, Tamaki has been adamant to remind people that the rumor is that Shovel Knight would be revealed for Smash over the coming months.

In that case, if the rumor is true but Shovel Knight isn't revealed tonight, then we'd most likely have to wait until October 3rd, the day the Smash Ballot closes.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

Oh god...Tamaki...white guy using a Japanese name...peace sign...

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Pootypie

I'm not falling for any of this again, I call it fake

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MsJubilee

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Untitled
Oh, boy...for your sake, he better be in Smash. You're playing with fire right now, Tamaki.

Anyone else is getting tired of this Tamaki guy? I am

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DefHalan

@TwilightAngel: I had never heard of him before.

Tsuchinoko

I honestly wouldn't mind Shovel Knight being in Smash as a DLC character that is put in to appeal to western gamers and because of the ballot. It just feels like the timing is off because the game is not in Japan yet, and might not be for a while. I feel like they should do stuff here to increase his visibility first. Ease him into the Japanese gaming community. I still don't know if I'm sold on him as a character yet.

If he does get in because of the ballot, maybe gamefaqs and reddit can be nicer to Sakurai. A little?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic