Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,061 to 16,080 of 27,917

CapeSmash

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

She's the only assist to get represented in both a fancy video and a newcomer artwork in the page.

I'd say she's pretty much becoming the Rosalina of the Animal Crossing series.

Not yet, Rosalina has being too overpowered in Mario Kart to her advantage. Her being the same weight as DK kind of makes sense but that combined with good acceleration and speed stats really makes her too fast.

No no no no, Rosalina is NOT OP in Mario Kart 8. Bowser, Wario, and Morton are waaaay more OP than her (plus, they're 3x more faster than her). Have you seen the world records on time trials? Just because she's used a lot online, doesn't mean she's OP.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Eel

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

She's the only assist to get represented in both a fancy video and a newcomer artwork in the page.

Not yet, Rosalina has being too overpowered in Mario Kart to her advantage. Her being the same weight as DK kind of makes sense but that combined with good acceleration and speed stats really makes her too fast.

Isabelle is in Monster-Freaking Hunter.

She's surpassed Rosalina, she's gone full-Turbo.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

SockoMario wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

No no no no, Rosalina is NOT OP in Mario Kart 8. Bowser, Wario, and Morton are waaaay more OP than her (plus, they're 3x more faster than her). Have you seen the world records on time trials? Just because she's used a lot online, doesn't mean she's OP.

I knew about those 3 being OP in Time Trials and hence no item races too but I thought they would unsuitable with a good combo for normal races (Sport Bike/Slick/Acceleration Glider). I just played a GP with that Wario combo and it turns out I was wrong. I guess the EGX tournament final will have nothing but Morton and Bowser then (as no-one seems to like Wario ).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf wrote:

Yaaay! Team Apathetics! Go! Do whatever you want! Yeah!

But no, in all seriousness, I don't disagree with labels, I disagree with how they're used. There is such a thing as a hardcore player, a casual player, a competitive player, a devoted player, and all sorts of other things, however, you don't really belong to one or the other, in fact, aside from hardcore and casual, none of these are exclusive, and so far, I haven't named one that should be considered an excuse. People get so caught up in the silly implications that they forget why these particular labels exist. It's not to create a hierarchy, but to better understand HOW a player games. I, for one, happily claim the title of casual-competitive. This should give you an idea of how I play. I don't sit around trying combo after combo after combo until I find ones I can land that really work well for me, but I still play to win. You can definitely expect me to be at least a LITTLE buttered, if I lose.

This pretty much describes how I play as well. I don't spend time looking for combos or practicing with any one character, but I do fancy myself as a good player who plays to win.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Eel

I rarely win, but I get my good share of fun by making the game harder for the rest of the players.

Every now and then I put on my serious face and play correctly "for the win" though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CapeSmash

Every time I see someone list their mains, there's a 99.9% chances that Dr. Mario or Robin are included. You know, for such a hated veteran, he sure is loved and played by many.

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

Wow... look at the detail!

Untitled

(If only his mustache wasn't made out of plastic)

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

Pootypie

Undead_terror wrote:

Oh my god I just found a part of a video I forgot about for like 7 years (this isn't full video)

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

Did you guys know Nintendo made a tweak called "Rage Effect" or that's what we call them. The more you get damaged the further you get knocked back, but it doesn't do more damage, same damage but just bigger knockback that's all.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

CaviarMeths

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Did you guys know Nintendo made a tweak called "Rage Effect" or that's what we call them. The more you get damaged the further you get knocked back, but it doesn't do more damage, same damage but just bigger knockback that's all.

This changes everything...?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Pootypie

CaviarMeths wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

This changes everything...?

It changes how the game will be played yes

Pootypie

vonboy89

Do you mean like, for example, a smash attack you barely charge, and one you charge up for a couple seconds do the same amount of damage, but the second just has more knockback?

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

The_Ninja

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Isn't it like the more damage you have, the more knockback you deal to your opponent?
Because what you just explained has always been in Smash.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

DreamyViridi

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

So everyone is lucario

Lol Lucario had this in Brawl? I'm confused by this

No, from what I remember and gather, Lucario had (and still has, apparently) this effect but it increased his damage output. This new "Rage Effect" increases knockback.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pootypie

DreamyViridi wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

So everyone is lucario

Lol Lucario had this in Brawl? I'm confused by this

No, from what I remember and gather, Lucario had (and still has, apparently) this effect but it increased his damage output. This new "Rage Effect" increases knockback.

Hm this effect would be very interesting... If it was to increase damage then that would be a lot different too.

Pootypie

NintendoFan64

Aarod-Kong wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Wow... look at the detail!

Untitled

(If only his mustache wasn't made out of plastic)

That button on the left.....Mickey Mouse confirmed!

It's a hidden MIckey!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic