Forums

Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 3?

Posts 141 to 144 of 144

Henmii

"I'm not saying Mario games need huge epic stories"

Nintendo was never about big stories, but it becomes less and less all the time. I mean, in Kirby rainbow curse they not even explained why all of a sudden everything is made out of clay. Same with Yoshi's wooly world: All of a sudden the Yoshi's live in a world called Craft island?! In comparison, in Epic yarn we got a explanation of why everything was made out of yarn all of a sudden. Come on Nintendo, just a little bit of story. Is that to much to ask?!

Henmii

Haru17

Henmii wrote:

Nintendo was never about big stories...

Demonstrably wrong. The 3D Zelda games, a few of the 2D Zeldas, the first 3 Paper Marios, many Fire Emblem games, some of the Mario & Luigi games, some of the 2D Metroids, and the Prime games all had great stories. It's just that Nintendo has allowed a few of those series to wane. Miyamoto has probably had no small hand in that.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Bolt_Strike

Haru17 wrote:

Henmii wrote:

Nintendo was never about big stories...

Demonstrably wrong. The 3D Zelda games, a few of the 2D Zeldas, the first 3 Paper Marios, many Fire Emblem games, some of the Mario & Luigi games, some of the 2D Metroids, and the Prime games all had great stories. It's just that Nintendo has allowed a few of those series to wane. Miyamoto has probably had no small hand in that.

Considering that he's responsible for what happened to 3D Mario and Paper Mario and their stories, I'd say that's a safe bet.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Henmii

Miyamoto is surely the reason why Nintendo games become less and less about the stories.

But back to a possible new 3D Mario: They could still announce one for the holiday-season, but I have a feeling that Mario maker REALLY is their big anniversary title (and they don't feel the need for a 3D Mario). In that case the next 3D Mario will be on NX.

Henmii

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.