Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,409

kkslider5552000

Klimbatize wrote:

Guys, it's been said over and over again by PETA itself that the Tanooki suit objections were a joke. PETA does not actually care at all, they were just having a bit of fun. Of course it's easier and more fun to just point and laugh a those "crazies" at PETA, so most outlets that reported PETA's protests never reported later on that it was a joke.

Google it and you'll find several results. NL itself posted a story about it.

Except PETA has done the same insane things for so long that its generally difficult to tell the difference...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Henmii

Am I the only one who is intrigued by that little creature you see next to the water dragon (you know, that certain screenshot)?! I first thought it was Dreambert from Mario and Luigi 4, but now I think he is to round for that (he doesn't have a pillow shape)! He does look royal though, a bit like a dressed up 1-up mushroom or a toad without the polka dots! I guess he may have a role in the story, so that's interesting!

Henmii

NewbieOrNah

Wow the game is gorgeous

NewbieOrNah

3DS Friend Code: 0318-8873-5118 | Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

BandG

that little fairy is in fact a girl, you can hear her make sounds during gameplay.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Henmii

@DestinyMan,

Now that you mention it! You may be on to something!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

NeoZuko

While I'm excited for Super Mario 3D World... I can't help but think Mario games are just getting too cute... Mario used to be strange with the 8bit/16bit mushroom kingdom which had frog suits, racoon tails, riding in a shoe, riding dinosaurs, and capes. Now it's star bit hugging and cats... LoL.

Edited on by NeoZuko

NeoZuko

Tim_Slim

Nintendo gave away a secret recently. They said something along the lines of 'we present new ideas in existing IP instead of creating new franchises'

They've also said that the wonder of what is inside the warp pipes, from the Mario universe, inspired them in the design of this game.

Is anyone else worried that it looks like they're putting a Pac Man game in a Mario platformer?

(I've not read the other 27 pages. Sorry if this has been discussed)

Tim_Slim

WebHead

I can't wait to see what the other bosses look like. Here's hoping for a spider-like boss.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Ryno

Tim_Slim wrote:

Is anyone else worried that it looks like they're putting a Pac Man game in a Mario platformer?

Nope, not worried about that.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

kkslider5552000

Tim_Slim wrote:

I'd be more worried about Mario turning into Pac-Man in terms of mostly only existing because of nostalgia.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tim_Slim

I want to see more. That's all I'm saying. I hope the pipes don't devour the game

Tim_Slim

Tim_Slim

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Tim_Slim wrote:

I'd be more worried about Mario turning into Pac-Man in terms of mostly only existing because of nostalgia.

I think I've cracked it! Are you saying that it would spoil Pac Man memories?

Tim_Slim

Klimbatize

I don't see Pac-Man in this much at all. Not sure where you're going with that.

I see Super Mario 3D Land 2, that's it.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

WebHead

Nintendo Direct tomorrow that will cover previously announced Wii U and 3DS games tomorrow, so chances are the release date will be revealed in the ND.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Tim_Slim

Klimbatize wrote:

The bit with the translucent pipes. You don't recognise a variation of Pac Man gameplay in that?

Tim_Slim

MrWalkieTalkie

Tim_Slim wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

The bit with the translucent pipes. You don't recognise a variation of Pac Man gameplay in that?

Um, ok. But how does that necessarily mean that Pac-Man will be appearing? That's like saying Pikmin will appear in the Wonderful 101 just because they both use armies of little characters to fight large enemies.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Tim_Slim

Although I can understand thats what you think I said, I didn't actually mean the Pac Man character will be in the game

Tim_Slim

Klimbatize

I don't think you literally mean Pac-Man in the game, but rather that it's like a clone of Pac-Man play.

No, I don't see it. I see them as puzzles involving pipes. If Mario is suddenly in a grid where he has to get all the coins and four goombas chase after him, and stars in the corner give him the ability to take out said goombas...then yeah, I'd see a Pac-Man influence.

Actually, that'd be a cool mini-game.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

MrWalkieTalkie

So because of clear pipes, you think the game will start ripping off of Pac-Man? Pipes aren't that major of a feature in the game, dude. I mean, there's an entire level dedicated to working together as you ride a sea monster, without a pipe in sight!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.