Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 341 to 360 of 14,636

MsJubilee

skywake wrote:

If there's voice chat then I'm just going to mute it anyway.......

Who isn't?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

skywake

1. I don't think the game really warrants that level of strategy
2. I don't want to hear other people and I don't really feel like talking to them either
3. I'm not 15 anymore, getting actual friends who have a Wii U organised for that sort of crap? Won't happen
4. I'm in Australia. So unless I get some Aussies it'll be either low latency non-English speakers or high latency English.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Akazury

Not sure but didn't they mention that they want/were working on voice chat during one of the Threehouse live streams?

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

Ryno

midnafanboy wrote:

skywake wrote:

If there's voice chat then I'm just going to mute it anyway.......

Who isn't?

Not me.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

iKhan

CanisWolfred wrote:

Akazury wrote:

Not sure but didn't they mention that they want/were working on voice chat during one of the Threehouse live streams?

The representive said "yes". The actual developers said "we'll think about it": http://gamerant.com/nintendo-splatoon-voice-chat/

Let's just hope that "We'll think about it" isn't a euphemism for "No" in Japanese like it is in English.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Bolt_Strike

iKhan wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Akazury wrote:

The representive said "yes". The actual developers said "we'll think about it": http://gamerant.com/nintendo-splatoon-voice-chat/

Let's just hope that in "We'll think about it" isn't a euphemism for "No" in Japanese like it is in English.

It probably is. The Japanese tend not to give a direct "No" to be polite.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

whodatninja

I would like voice chat, if only so i get to use the bloody mic for once.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Nicolai

whodatninja wrote:

Looks like someone hasn't been rocking their Super Mario 3D World, or their Donkey Kong Crash Course.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

MegaMari0

I've pre ordered this game. Slowly paying it off. paying 5 bucks here. 10 bucks there so that when it's released all I have to do is pick it up and massacre my family in it. Drown them in pools of blue, green, red, whatever paint color. Muahahahahahah!!!!!

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Nicolai

I was just looking on the tumblr page:

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/image/107419139549
This just in! One of our senior research assistants just faxed over a fascinating new image. At first glance, this looks like a typical back alley, but word on the street is that it’s a favorite battleground for these crazy squids. Apparently it’s a popular place to hone one’s skills in one-on-one duels. If fact, it looks familiar for some reason…

So, it looks like one-on-one is confirmed. I don't know how surprising that is for some of you, but it should be fun!

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

IceClimbers

Cool to see that 1v1 is confirmed.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

jariw

From today's tweet - the squids dissolve in water:
Untitled

jariw

OmegaMetroid93

That is highly illogical.. XD
But from a gameplay perspective, it makes sense.

I must say, I'm getting more and more excited for this game the more I see of it.

OmegaMetroid93

Randomname19

They could have used invisible walls that don't make the player fall in water.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

iKhan

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I must say, I'm getting more and more excited for this game the more I see of it.

It makes some sense since they are paint squids. Though that would also mean the paint is water soluble. Maybe there will be items and hazards that remove spattered paint.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

arojilla

jariw wrote:

From today's tweet - the squids dissolve in water:

Maybe just when in humanoid form?

arojilla

Ralek85

whodatninja wrote:

I think it will, basically if it doesn't feature a solid VC system, online matchmaking is borderline pointless, since a tactical game like this, played with randoms without voice chat is not a pleasant experience. The Gamepad could be used to manage a VC easily, muting players, adjusting volumes, managing different rooms/lobbies, honestly it is a damn shame, that the WiiU has no system wide party chat system in place like xbox or ps4.

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

Blast

Yep. This game will be the next big thing for Nintendo.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Nicolai

iKhan wrote:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

It makes some sense since they are paint squids. Though that would also mean the paint is water soluble. Maybe there will be items and hazards that remove spattered paint.

It makes them seem like some sort of crazy lab experiment, since normally all living things are safe in water.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic