Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 14,636

jariw

IMO, the Turf War should not have any possibility of changing weapons in-lobby. The Turf War matches are very short and extremely casual in nature, and the lobbies should be optimized at finding new players (if old players exit) for the next match as quickly as possible. No delays to change weapon.

The Ranked Battles are completely different, although we only have seen the Splat Zones so far. It has a completely different scoring system, where team strategy also becomes much more important than in Turf War. Here, changing weapons might become much more needed.

I think many reviewers' complains about the lobby are caused by the limited number of pre-release players, forcing them to play the waiting game.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

rjejr

ultraraichu wrote:

This week of waiting have oddly been going by fast (for me). Normally when I anxiously wait for something, the days/ weeks goes by slower.

Well that's what happens when Monday is the Memorial Day holiday, which feels like a Sunday, so now it's already Wednesday but it feels like only Tuesday so the week seems like it's flying by. We went to the afternoon Met game Monday, it really felt like a Sunday.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rjejr

jariw wrote:

The Turf War matches are very short and extremely casual in nature

"Extremely causal in nature". But the winning "team" still gets an extra 300 points per player toward their character leveling up, correct? Therefore it would be much better to be on a side that wins. And the side that wins may be almost compeltley determined by the luck of the draw weapon selection? Why does the winning team get 300 points if its extremely casual?

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

jariw

rjejr wrote:

jariw wrote:

The Turf War matches are very short and extremely casual in nature

"Extremely causal in nature". But the winning "team" still gets an extra 300 points per player toward their character leveling up, correct? Therefore it would be much better to be on a side that wins. And the side that wins may be almost compeltley determined by the luck of the draw weapon selection? Why does the winning team get 300 points if its extremely casual?

If the win is determined by the luck of the draw (which it is), everyone will get roughly the same amount of 300-point bonus awards in the end anyway. End result: the individual skill in the matches is what will determine how fast you'll level up.

And for an average average player (who would paint around 700 points per match), the average extra of 150 points/match isn't that important in the long run. In Turf War, it would be much more important to play lots of matches than to actually win the matches (for people who understand the rules of the game, that is - the ones who go for kills and score 0 points will obviously only get the bonus).

Edited on by jariw

jariw

iKhan

Has anyone noticed that the "splattered" sound sounds a lot like how the Phatomanta sounds in Mario Sunshine when you destroy/split one?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DreamyViridi

iKhan wrote:

Has anyone noticed that the "splattered" sound sounds a lot like how the Phatomanta sounds in Mario Sunshine when you destroy/split one?

Now that you mention it, yeah; I can hear what you mean.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

ultraraichu

rjejr wrote:

ultraraichu wrote:

This week of waiting have oddly been going by fast (for me). Normally when I anxiously wait for something, the days/ weeks goes by slower.

Well that's what happens when Monday is the Memorial Day holiday, which feels like a Sunday, so now it's already Wednesday but it feels like only Tuesday so the week seems like it's flying by. We went to the afternoon Met game Monday, it really felt like a Sunday.

That makes perfect sense, especially when I spent most of Memorial day gaming so time just flew by.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

rjejr

Well all of that makes perfect sense, forgot about the law of averages. And I think Nintneod purposely made a short 3 minute time limit to keep things even. I'd bet in a 5 minute match of good players vs mediorce ones you'd get some serious lopsided victories and it would stop being fun for many people.

I still think people would prefer choosing weapons on that screen though. First 4 or 5 people there need to wait for the rest to show up anyway. Perception is more important than the law of averages.

Another question, or 2, for you.

Can we keep a set of our favorite weapons to choose from before each battle, or can we only have 1, or do we choose from all 29 each time?
Can we have more than 1 character? Would be nice to be able to equip 1 character w/ "tank" like gear and another w/ "sniper" type gear and then choose which 1 I feel like playing w/ at any given time. Would also give me incentive to play more to level up each character, even if it's just 1 boy and 1 girl.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

yokokazuo

I just found out that if you shoot a Splash Bomb through the basket ball hoop in the testing area of the weapon shop, you will hear a squid cheering for you.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Inkling

Not going to spoil anything, but the ending to the single player is really weird.
I mean weird.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

DoctorOverbuild

@Inkling did you get your other amiibo? And you finshed the single play already haha I know it's kinda short but wow!

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

mariovslink62

Alright, WTF? This game was hyped the heck up and what do you get? You get an incomplete game which, in order to complete it, you have to wait till August. Funny how companies like Activision and EA get criticized for doing this, yet Nintendo doesn't? This game looks VERY disappointing. Either wait till a price drop or until August.

DERP

Nintendo Network ID: awesomeface2149

Smash_kirby

mariovslink62 wrote:

Alright, WTF? This game was hyped the heck up and what do you get? You get an incomplete game which, in order to complete it, you have to wait till August. Funny how companies like Activision and EA get criticized for doing this, yet Nintendo doesn't? This game looks VERY disappointing. Either wait till a price drop or until August.

Here is the big difference, they aren't charging you for the left out content. This is one of Nintendo's first forays into extended content delivery.

Smash_kirby

mariovslink62

Smash_kirby wrote:

mariovslink62 wrote:

Free doesn't mean good. Nintendo should have also seen why people don't like this kind of stuff. The game looks fun but with so much content left out it feels incomplete.
Here is the big difference, they aren't charging you for the left out content. This is one of Nintendo's first forays into extended content delivery.

DERP

skywake

jariw wrote:

If the win is determined by the luck of the draw (which it is), everyone will get roughly the same amount of 300-point bonus awards in the end anyway. End result: the individual skill in the matches is what will determine how fast you'll level up.

And for an average average player (who would paint around 700 points per match), the average extra of 150 points/match isn't that important in the long run. In Turf War, it would be much more important to play lots of matches than to actually win the matches (for people who understand the rules of the game, that is - the ones who go for kills and score 0 points will obviously only get the bonus).

To be fair if you're a player that's performing above average your team will win more than 50:50. And players that perform well under par will well and truly drag down their entire team. I won the vast majority of my matches in the testfire and of the ones I lost most were had one player who scored under 100.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

ultraraichu

mariovslink62 wrote:

I look at this way, would a large number of people be happy playing a game now and wait for the dlc later, or add it in all at once with the game but delay the release months later. I can tell you one thing, publishers & developers did that earlier in the Wii U life (mainly Nintendo) and the "fan" did not react positive to that.

Besides don't they sometimes charge you money for some of those games?

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

mariovslink62

ultraraichu wrote:

mariovslink62 wrote:

I look at this way, would a large number of people be happy playing a game now and wait for the dlc later, or add it in all at once with the game but delay the release months later. I can tell you one thing, publishers & developers did that earlier in the Wii U life (mainly Nintendo) and the "fan" did not react positive to that.

I would rather delay it. Again I know you pay for stuff like Activision or EA but its still unacceptable. I know we would have to wait, but time flies by, and I would rather have all of my game, then have it completed via DLC. I won't try to convince you not to buy it, but at this moment I would wait for a price drop in my eyes.

DERP

ultraraichu

mariovslink62 wrote:

ultraraichu wrote:

mariovslink62 wrote:

I would rather delay it. Again I know you pay for stuff like Activision or EA but its still unacceptable. I know we would have to wait, but time flies by, and I would rather have all of my game, then have it completed via DLC. I won't try to convince you not to buy it, but at this moment I would wait for a price drop in my eyes.

I respect that. One thing I learn from some of my game purchases is to not buy a game if your not ready or feel like playing it at that time, especially at full price.
Edit: A lesson I should really learn to follow more.

Edited on by ultraraichu

mariovslink62

ultraraichu wrote:

mariovslink62 wrote:

ultraraichu wrote:

mariovslink62 wrote:

I respect that. One thing I learn from some of my game purchases is to not buy a game if your not ready or feel like playing it at that time, especially at full price.
Edit: A lesson I should really learn to follow more.

Thanks for understanding why I'm so disappointed by this game. Its not that its bad, it's the fact that the rest is being given to us in DLC

DERP

DefHalan

mariovslink62 wrote:

People have been complaining, but this is modern game releases sadly. At least the content is free. I don't even see it as a incomplete game. I see it as a smaller $60 game with tons of freebies coming. I jave paid more for games with less content

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic