Forums

Topic: Should wii u have achievements/trophies

Posts 181 to 200 of 222

shingi_70

Aviator wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

I would assume alot of people enjoy [achieving achievements] because the achievement has an usable incentive to undertake the challenge in the first place surely raises the desire to go after it?

I don't see why someone needs a carrot in front of their head to stretch out the replayability in a game.

The games that have carrots in front of players heads are usually bad games.

For the most part no. Take crackdown for example one of the achievements was real vauge so I didn't pay attention. Ut there is a real tall buildings in the center of the city. I kept upgrading my agility and kept going back trying to climb it. Once I hit the top and I got the achivment unlocked noise it felt really good.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Mercury9

Your comparing it too much with 360 style achievements and seem to be glossing over the fact they have unlockable content included. Don't add bolted on achievements just for the hardcore camp when everyone could just share in game unlockables with friends online. Improve on what's already there.

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

shingi_70

You cant share. Game unloxkablez on live.

And since 08 most games have unlockable content with achievements like gear and props for your a agar. And in game they do unlock new levels and what not.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

FiveDigitLP

I like how everyone just completely disregarded my comment yesterday...I think I might be invisible...

Hello! Anybody there...?

Anyway, if you read it, I felt that I was pointing out a different side to acheivements that you guys aren't really addressing. I feel that there's a community element to acheivements and it's not just a high score contest.

My Monstrous Backlog: Gloorg

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7090-4051 | Nintendo Network ID: 5DigitLP

Reala

My response to gaining an achievement is oh great that was neat I guess, then I forget it all about it 2 seconds later can't recall a single one of any the achievement's I've been awarded, they add absolutely nothing as far as I'm concerned personally I never hunt them down if I achieve one good but they aren't a big part of gaming to me, still they are popular all the same so wouldn't be surprised to see them implemented.

Reala

Mercury9

Sony_70 wrote:

You cant share. Game unloxkablez on live.

And since 08 most games have unlockable content with achievements like gear and props for your a agar. And in game they do unlock new levels and what not.

By share I meant display unlockables and play data via a 360-esque profile. You share your gamerscore amongst your friends online community already and it'd be good if Wii U would have a similar set up for unlockables that may be displayed. If not achievements then surely Play Coins. Maybe earn coins by gameplay time or in place/alongside achievements for those of you not a fan of in game content being paired up with them? i.e. struggling with a certain aspect of a game or not enough gold? Buy it off with Play Coins ala weapons in Revelations or idols in KIU.

Play coins on the whole for me are really well implemented on 3DS

Edited on by Mercury9

kkslider5552000

I love how I pointed out that debating this is pointless, he agreed...and still continued to debate it. Tremendous.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Mercury9

I do believe it is called having an opinion. I have one and you have one. Simple really

CanisWolfred

Mercury9 wrote:

I do believe it is called having an opinion. I have one and you have one. Simple really

Yes, you have an opinion. We get that. You do not, however, need to keep reiterating that opinion over and over again.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

New_3DaSh_XL

Mickeymac wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

Yes, you have an opinion. We get that. You do not, however, need to keep reiterating that opinion over and over again.

Agreed ith MickyMac, this forum topic is REALLY getting boring

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Rargon

Though I find Achievements and Trophies useless in general, they do add replay value to a game after awhile. Trophies were one of the reasons I played through the 1st Dead Space almost 4 times now, that and it's just an excellent game in my opinion.

3DS FC: 1246-8898-7182
Nintendo Network ID: Rargon

Edlicious

I just dont get why people are complaining if the 3DS and WiiU have achievements or trophies? I personally think they are amazing and actually do add a level of challenge and replayablity to the game? Many games I played I came back to because I wanted their achievement or because the challenge of it. Like in resident evil 5, i came back and beat the game again for the achievement or some other games that pose a fun side activity to accomplish for an achievement is fun. Try playing mass effect and you'll see to what im referring too. achievements would also be cool because you could show your friends what you've done before, like in playing all of resident evil revelations without a herb or rocket launcher is quite a challenge but even if you do, do it then what? unless you have the game at all times how are you gonna show your friends or rivals? and considering Nintendo doesn't like the SD card saving game saves and instead have the cartridge save the game instead.

3DS FC; 2191 7816 0194

MK7, RE:R, KIU, lets play?

http://www.facebook.com/Throwinguprainbows

steveex

What if you got trophies or collectables instead of achievements, which could be used in software like an AR viewer.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0644-8202

Henmii

"The point of achievements is that they're console wide and universal, not locked in to a game"

What do you mean by that? Do you mean that all those achievements can be viewed outside the game and that everyone can see them?

Well, Nintendo "achievements" also can be seen by everyone....if you put them in a youtube movie!!

Henmii

Steveovig

It's pretty stupid to oppose achievements. It'd be like opposing actual user ids for an online infrastructure instead of friend codes. It doesn't hinder the gameplay experience in the slightest. I'm sure a million people over the course of time have said this but if you don't like them, just ignore them. But they should be a mandatory feature in all consoles from now on.

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5043-3463

Mercury9

They are yes but wouldn't everyone like to display their achievements in say, the Vault in Brawl online with friends and the online community?
Nintendo's achievements, unlockables, call them what you will are in my opinion, the best kind and like I've said AND been barked at, they serve a purpose in that you actually achieve something for use in the game. I just don't like or see the point of 360 style achievements when compared to what Nintendo offer.

Xbox-esque achievements may be good yes for self satisaction but here in Nintendo land to achieve something often means unlocking something too. Self satisfaction and a little reward. Let's get these unlockables online for display.

Ryno

Steveovig wrote:

It's pretty stupid to oppose achievements.

After meticulously reviewing 11 pages (not really) on this hotly debated topic, I conclude that this is the most precise comment on this particular matter.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Mercury9

Ryno wrote:

Steveovig wrote:

After meticulously reviewing 11 pages (not really) on this hotly debated topic, I conclude that this is the most precise comment on this particular matter.

Using that logic, It's pretty stupid to have a differing opinion.

CanisWolfred

Mercury9 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Steveovig wrote:

Using that logic, It's pretty stupid to have a differing opinion.

It's the logic behind the opinion, actually. At this point, the core gamers, the hobbyists, the ones that Nintendo is trying to appeal to, generally desire achievements. It's the norm, now, and it's expected of Nintendo to conform to this norm if they want to keep up. On top of that, it doesn't effect people who don't want them in any legitimate way. To put it simply, not wanting Nintendo to include achievements would be the same as not wanting Nintendo to make money.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Squiggle55

i am definitely pro-trophies. I get a kick out of them and highly approve Nintendo adopting something similar. It would be nice to see them be the first to have trophy achievements and ranking up tied to some sort of tangible benefit.

The only time a trophy ever bothers me is if it pops up during a cutscene of an RPG or something and takes me out of the story for a second. But still that doesn't bother me too much.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.