Forums

Topic: NSMBU

Posts 321 to 340 of 585

Happy_Mask

That optimizing another method of control will jeopardize it's launch with WiiU, a console the casuals are still unsure about? And the wiimote layout works, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

19Robb92

Happy_Mask wrote:

That optimizing another method of control will jeopardize it's launch with WiiU, a console the casuals are still unsure about? And the wiimote layout works, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

What?

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Happy_Mask

They don't have the time now, and the controls are also simple enough that another kind of controller is unnecessary. That's all there is to it.

19Robb92

Happy_Mask wrote:

They don't have the time now, and the controls are also simple enough that another kind of controller is unnecessary. That's all there is to it.

Don't have the time? It's a matter of copying the exact same layout of the GamePad controls. That's just a extremely poor excuse. I definitely hope they release a patch for this.

Why would another controller ever be unnecessary? If anything, the Wii remote controls are unnecessary since it's not even a controller made for the system, while the Pro controller is. It's a game based around local CoOp multiplayer for god's sake, not supporting every control method available is incredibly stupid IMO. If this had online I'd most likely ignore the issue, but now it just comes of as ridiculous.

Happy_Mask

You do realize we're approaching the final days before launch, right? And if NSMBU doesn't launch with the WiiU, that jeopardizes a very successful launch. And your thoughts don't represent every fan, so you can't just assume it's worth it.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

19Robb92

Happy_Mask wrote:

You do realize we're approaching the final days before launch, right? And if NSMBU doesn't launch with the WiiU, that jeopardizes a very successful launch.

I'm not saying they have to delay the game. I'm saying this option should have been put in long ago.

The WiiU Pro Controller was announced all the way back in June and surely Nintendo developers knew about it long before that. Not including it is a pure design choice, and a bad one at that,

Happy_Mask

Once again, many people were fine with the wiimote and gamepad setup, and if you were concerned, you could've e-mailed them back when NSMBU showed off the method of control months ago.

19Robb92

I've never said I'm not fine with the GamePad or Wii Remote set-up. You clearly don't get it, I want MORE options. All of them are fine, the problem is I can't use all of them. Which is stupid in a local multiplayer game.

Why would I e-mail them about something I though was an obvious feature? They never confirmed the Pro Controller wouldn't work, hence why I found out about it from GameExplain just recently.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Happy_Mask

But do you think people would actually use it? It's obvious they felt it wasn't worth the trouble or they spaced it completely(unlikely). And the majority of the people who plan on getting NSMBU played NSMBW so they're probably fine with just one new method of control.

Adam
  • It would not hurt the majority of people to have an optional controller that controls exactly the same — they can opt not to use it.
  • It would not hurt Nintendo to include because it is a matter of button mapping, which does not add to development time.
  • The reason to include it isn't in case someone prefer the controller but for those who do not have four Wii remotes but have a mix of a couple Wii remotes and a couple Pro controllers.

This is not confusing.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

19Robb92

Adam wrote:

• It would not hurt the majority of people to have an optional controller that controls exactly the same — they can opt not to use it.
  • It would not hurt Nintendo to include because it is a matter of button mapping, which does not add to development time.
  • The reason to include it isn't in case someone prefer the controller but for those who do not have four Wii remotes but have a mix of a couple Wii remotes and a couple Pro controllers.

This is not confusing.

Thank you!

Glad to see someone who understands.

Edited on by 19Robb92

19Robb92

KaiserGX wrote:

What's done is done.

Doesn't have to be in this day and age. Patches are a wonderful thing if done right.

Norfair

@19Robb92: I am also annoyed that the Wii U Pro controllers won't work with NSMB.U.
I would love to be able to use an analog stick.

If it is because the Pro controller does not have a gyroscope (it had it's use in NSMB.W so I am guessing it will also be used in NSMB.U) I am sure the Pro controller has enough buttons to replace motion (some button instead of shaking, L / R instead of tilting..).

Very upsetting, it's stuff like this that make me question Nintendo..

EDIT: Oh man, it took me way too long to write this, you guys already said what I wanted to..

EDIT 2: I'll just add that I am very excited for this game, just like I have been adding to every single one of my posts in this thread..

Edited on by Norfair

My body is ready, can you say the same? Is your body ready?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-9601-9308

19Robb92

KaiserGX wrote:

I mean you.

I might be tired, but I don't get it? Sorry.

@Norfair
We are in full agreement.

As I've said, I find it very weird.

Edited on by 19Robb92

19Robb92

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So after looking through these last few pages, this game looks like it's not going to be a disappointment. Awesome. Seems like the only lacking part will be the music. That sucks.

I've actually heard that about half the soundtrack is made up out of new songs, that pretty good I'd say. (Well.. At least compared to NSMB2)

Also, the Baby Yoshi's actually kind of ad 'new' music when you use them. They sing along to the background which gives the level a much fresher feel even though it might be a old track, which is nice. Here's a video of it if you haven't seen it.

Can't wait to play it

Edited on by 19Robb92

KaiserGX

And the Super Leaf in NSMB2, Yoshi in Sunshine and NSMBw.

Acorn Plain, Athletic is new.

Jungle, Ice, Desert, Ghost, Underground, Beach, Underwater, Mini Boss, Boss, Mid Castle, Castle, Mini Game, are the same.

Where is the rest that is new?

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.