Forums

Topic: Notch (Minecraft creator) makes a bad joke about the Wii U.

Posts 101 to 120 of 127

retropunky

Interesting indeed... Just two more months for some Battleminer.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

TuVictus

With no official minecraft, Nintendo fans will have to settle for the knockoffs. I'm interested in how it's going to be an infinite world as well as be a perfect 60 FPS. If I recall, minecraft developers claimed 3DS wouldn't be capable of that, saying it'd probably get the pocket edition. The graphics may take a hit, but it's minecraft, so that's not an issue for me.

If it becomes a best seller I will be very amused

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

SCRAPPER392

Operative wrote:

I'm interested in how it's going to be an infinite world as well as be a perfect 60 FPS. If I recall, minecraft developers claimed 3DS wouldn't be capable of that, saying it'd probably get the pocket edition. The graphics may take a hit, but it's minecraft, so that's not an issue for me.

Majong was probably just basing their claims off of raw smartphone code that doesn't target the 3DS, directly. My smartphone isn't even as powerful as the 3DS, and it can run Minecraft Pocket Edition.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Vincent294

Hy8ogen wrote:

This reminds me of Anthony Padilla (Smosh) when he made the same joke about the Wii U in one of his videos. The guy loves Nintendo to death and it was just a joke, but Nintendo fan boys went bogus in the comments section without realising Anthony himself was a big fan as well.

@Morphbug I don't know...but I feel like the worst fan boys are Sony fan boys. Man those people are just toxic.

You summed it up perfectly. Is this really that big a deal? Notch got a Wii U for a reason, and he's not here to trash talk it, just to poke some fun at its battery life. But hey, let's all get insulted at how Notch likes Coke more than Pepsi, or how he has slightly different political views than you. Society can be a joke sometimes, not trying to insult anyone worked up over this, but it's the bitter truth. Look at all this rage over this joke, despite him saying he's looking forward to the Wii U's upcoming games. I make jokes about the 360's D-Pad all the time when I play fighting games on it, but I love it to death. If the people taking insult to this could see themselves from my point of view, they'd see what I mean, instead of being a cynical fanboy. Yes, it's a lousy joke, but he never went into ultra PS4 fanboy mode. Cue a comeback attempt arguing he never made Minecraft for Wii U but has it on PS4, but we were talking about if this is that big a deal. I know how fanboys think. Time for me to endure backlash before I go back to playing games on my PC or 3DS.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Eel

He implied he didn't use his wiiu in a while.

If anything he said it lasted at least a few months turned on. Being unused.

That's a darn good battery.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

IceClimbers

Morphbug wrote:

He implied he didn't use his wiiu in a while.

If anything he said it lasted at least a few months turned on. Being unused.

That's a darn good battery.

And I thought the Pro Controller had an insane battery life.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Geonjaha

brewsky wrote:

BinaryFragger wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

Even if it was a joke, why did he make fun of Nintendo? Why not Sony or Microsoft?

So it's OK to make fun of Sony and Microsoft, but not Nintendo? Nice double standards.

I think he's asking why did Notch go straight for the joke at Nintendo, when he could've easily took a jab at Sony or Microsoft as well.

To be honest, if Notch did joke about Sony or Microsoft as well, then this wouldn't have been an issue.

Why is it an issue in the first place? Seriously, I'd love an answer. They're just companies. You bought their product, you enjoy their product - fine, but why feel the need to get defensive just because someone had the nerve to make a joke about them? It's like a child complaining about the most trivial of things "Mommy, he made a joke at my company, and not everyone else's as well! It's not fair!".

Hernandez wrote:

I bet he isn't even excited for Zelda U at all, he just wants the Nintendrones off his back. Poor guy messed with the wrong fanbase...

He made a joke about Nintendo, so he must automatically hate everything Nintendo does, and was lying when he said he didn't?
I despair, truly I do. I think I've seen enough crazy logic for today.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

the_shpydar

Vincent294 wrote:

Society can be a joke sometimes, not trying to insult anyone worked up over this, but it's the bitter truth.

I'll go a step further. We should insult anyone worked up over this.
Honestly, if anyone is genuinely upset about this, they need to grow the eff up.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

rallydefault

... uhm, ok. It was kind of funny. What's the big deal?

rallydefault

GuSolarFlare

rallydefault wrote:

... uhm, ok. It was kind of funny. What's the big deal?

the big deal is the whole WiiU library by the price of a single game(A.K.A. buy 1 get 1 for free)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

GuSolarFlare

technotaylor98 wrote:

Untitled
Seriously guys, we're giving this too much attention.
(Bugs Bunny Voice) People don't like a video game company I like? Big deal, who cares, forget about it doc.

or instead of forgetting about it we can all have fun by playing along without taking it seriously....
because this is one of the cases where this is actually a good option....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

sinalefa

A "joke" that is not funny, or clever, or original, or timely and that will only have backslash and make him look like an unprofessional jerk.

He is clearly trying to outdo EA I guess.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

Yoshi

Geonjaha wrote:

brewsky wrote:

BinaryFragger wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

Even if it was a joke, why did he make fun of Nintendo? Why not Sony or Microsoft?

So it's OK to make fun of Sony and Microsoft, but not Nintendo? Nice double standards.

I think he's asking why did Notch go straight for the joke at Nintendo, when he could've easily took a jab at Sony or Microsoft as well.

To be honest, if Notch did joke about Sony or Microsoft as well, then this wouldn't have been an issue.

Why is it an issue in the first place? Seriously, I'd love an answer. They're just companies. You bought their product, you enjoy their product - fine, but why feel the need to get defensive just because someone had the nerve to make a joke about them? It's like a child complaining about the most trivial of things "Mommy, he made a joke at my company, and not everyone else's as well! It's not fair!".

I don't know why it's an issue. I was just making an observation.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

LzWinky

I don't think it should be that much of an issue. He made a joke about Nintendo, the trolls eat it up and exaggerate its humor, and the fervent fans defend with lots of bias. Just another typical day

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ToastyYogurt

WaLzgi wrote:

I don't think it should be that much of an issue. He made a joke about Nintendo, the trolls eat it up and exaggerate its humor, and the fervent fans defend with lots of bias. Just another typical day

Tune in next week to see Nintendo fans get butthurt over something Jack Tretton says.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

GuSolarFlare

ToastyYogurt wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Tune in next week to see Nintendo fans get butthurt over something Jack Tretton says.

this program was brought to you by:
Sony Entertainment
Microsoft
EA games
and our other sponsors(for more info check our official site!)

my Backloggery

LzWinky

Jack Tretton no longer works for Sony. Stay tuned for another word of wisdom by Michael Pachter, everyone's favorite "liar"

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

I have a better joke. Wii U has NO GAMES. That's even less than 3

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.