Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 4,835

DanoLefourbe

@Darkcast: Super nice and fun level. Well balanced too. I found nothing to complain about, and that's pretty rare ^^

I did all your levels now. I enjoyed almost all of them. Your aerial levels are really fun and everythings is really well built. Your harder levels are still fair, by always showing the danger in time. All your levels are nice, cute, and seemless. It was a pleasure playing all of them...

...except Boo's sanctuary. I don't think troll blocks should contain powerful ennemies. A koopa is the most powerful thing I would put in them and those boo circles are very unfair. They basically force you to take damage on your own because you hit a block. I finished your level because I really liked the others and wanted to see everything you made. In 100 mario challenge, I would quit the level the instant I hit the first block of your level. Most people would. And they would be right, I think.

Other than that, great work! I will be following your levels.

Edited on by DanoLefourbe

All my levels

Nintendo Network ID: DanoLefourbe

eXtremeHippo

Do I not need an Imgur account to upload images? I thought I did but I tested it without an account and I think it worked:

imgur.com/mgYSunu

Wet and Dry: W6C-N1X-NGG
Super Floatdown Mario: NNJ-VW3-TXF
Rising Tides: DJX-B8R-3QF
Bowser's Bob-omb Factory: LGN-FM1-PSG

Darkcast

@DanoLefourbe: I'm glad you enjoyed my levels.

The boo circles do have a larger gap though on one side of them that you can get out of when they circle around . Are they positioned too high and the bottom area of the boo circle is hitting you as soon as you hit the block and hit the ground? I tried to position them so if you hit hte square you'd just be in circle with them going around you and you have to wait for the gap and run out. Is that not working as intended?

Though boo sanctuary was my first shot at a ghost house and was a little different then my normal style. I may make changes to it once I know what's going on with it.

Darkcast

DanoLefourbe

@Darkcast: It is working as intended, but for someone who didn't make the level, guessing the way you're supposed to handle the rotation with the other ennemies coming at you is pretty hard. Also. Some people, like me, don't stand under the block to hit it but do it as they move. So the player can land on a boo that spawned

All my levels

Nintendo Network ID: DanoLefourbe

Darkcast

@DanoLefourbe: That's true. I might revisit that level for a touch up at some point based on the collective feedback i get. Did you get through the entire level? I ask because there is a spot in particular I wanted to ask about

Edited on by Darkcast

Darkcast

Eat_Pie

This has been bugging me for a while, and I can't figure it out.
How do you grab in SMM?

Eat_Pie

Harvan

@Eat_Pie: If you mean grabbing something like a shell or a P-switch in the game, hold down X or Y (same button you use to dash) when you come up to the side of the item. You'll pick it up and start carrying it. To kick it away, just let go of the button. To set it down, hold down on the stick or d-pad and let go. In SMW only: to kick it straight up, hold up on the d-pad and let go. None of this works in SMB1.

If you mean grabbing and moving things in the level editor, just drag the item on the touch pad. To select multiple items and move them all at once, hold down one of the bumper buttons and drag a box around them, then let go of the bumper button. Then you can drag all the selected items as a single unit. Hold down one of the triggers to copy the things you're dragging instead of moving them.

Please try my Mario Maker Levels: https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/Harvan
My Nintendo Network ID: KieferSkunk

spizzamarozzi

new level

So for my 10th level I have decided to take a bunch of rooms I didn't use for my previous stage, tweak them a bit and make an entire new level out of them. Some of these ideas I think are still solid, although they are of the "contemplative" platforming type which I'm not too fond of (I'm all for pure platforming). Try it out - I hope you have fun with it.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Eat_Pie

@Harvan
Thanks for the info.
I should have clarified as to which one I meant in my question. I meant grabbing a shell or a P-switch. Thanks for both though, and I learned how to grab a group because of that info.

Eat_Pie

ClassicJetterz

Uninteresting Water Level : 4289-0000-00A3-F9FE
In and Out, Up and Down: A06D-0000-00A4-A448

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

OneBagTravel

Played nearly all of your levels @DanoLefourbe

Gotta say they're all heavily themed and nicely done. The new time attack ones are a bit too challenging. I was a few seconds late before time ran out

That bullet bill boss battle (BBBB) was pretty challenging!

I made another SMB3 level tonight and finally did one without building up so the screen locks at a low height which I like. It's a straight forward level again and would be something you would see in World 1. Still tweaking it a bit and will upload it soon.

Edited on by OneBagTravel

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

GIR

Maxoxpower wrote:

My new level !

try it and feedback pleaes

Great level, I like levels like this that take traditional Mario mechanics and expand on them. You have to be conscious of where the boos are heading because the posts on their heads get pushed off but I think it adds to the challenge so I don't see it as a flaw at all. Set this concept in a castle with firebars and podoboos and you'll have another hit.

Harvan

So, I kinda hate to be "that guy", but what am I doing wrong? I don't mean to belittle anyone else's work - I'm enjoying trying out other people's levels quite a bit, but it seems I get next to no response at all whenever I post one. Am I just posting at bad times or something?

Please try my Mario Maker Levels: https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/Harvan
My Nintendo Network ID: KieferSkunk

GIR

Harvan wrote:

So, I kinda hate to be "that guy", but what am I doing wrong? I don't mean to belittle anyone else's work - I'm enjoying trying out other people's levels quite a bit, but it seems I get next to no response at all whenever I post one. Am I just posting at bad times or something?

Yes, from my experience you have to be in the right place at the right time. It various from forum to forum but I've found that my timing is always bad too. This forum is probably the worst of them all even though the topic is 160 pages long.

OorWullie

@Harvan: I'll give some of your level a go just now.I play through lots of users levels and star them and comment if I enjoy them,a lot of the time I don't mention it on here though and with my names not matching they probably don't even know who I am haha.I think there is just so many of us posting levels many get overlooked.Those posting just codes without the banner or description are probably finding it even harder to get noticed.

If you see a comment or star from 'Jagger' that's me

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.