Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 4,835

edgedino

@Rexcalibr: 1F1D-0000-0038-F8FB you might like this The problem with plants N choice

my Super Mario Maker bookmark page https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/edgedino?type=posted

MasterWario

@OorWullie: Thanks! It's actually bed time for me so I'll play yours tomorrow. Thanks for @ responding too, because I've been meaning to play your levels but there's been so many people posting theirs!

@Rexcalibr I've got 43-ish stars with 8 levels. I'm so close!

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

skywake

Rexcalibr wrote:

How any stars do you guys have?

I'm sitting on 27 in total from 8 levels. 14 of which are for the first level I uploaded

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

whodatninja

So I'm thinking of getting Super Mario Maker, as I want all the "essential" Wii U games, but I'm worried I won't enjoy it as much since I'm not very creative (I never even touched the level creator in Little Big Planet.).

Isn't it still fun to just play other people's levels?

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

TeeJay

whodatninja wrote:

So I'm thinking of getting Super Mario Maker, as I want all the "essential" Wii U games, but I'm worried I won't enjoy it as much since I'm not very creative (I never even touched the level creator in Little Big Planet.).

Yes, definitely.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Budda

Super Mario Maker Stage in Smash!
They use slopes??? Slope patch/DLC confirmed?

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

spizzamarozzi

After having harvested the depressing amount of 15 Stars for 6 levels, I have officially SOLD MY SOUL TO THE DEVIL and made a silly Donkey Kong knock-off stage. It's really basic, you don't have to try it. I have written the title in CAPS so hopefully people will click on it. This is like post-1975 Bee Gees.
DONKEY GONG!! F19D-0000-003B-B35E

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

shani

If you're looking for a level with different endings and philosophical meaning, try this one out!
Don't forget to watch out for clues and hidden items!

4684-0000-003B-C659

Just made it together with a friend.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

jariw

whodatninja wrote:

FWIW, level creation in Mario Maker is much more of a game than a traditional level editor.

jariw

skywake

spizzamarozzi wrote:

After having harvested the depressing amount of 15 Stars for 6 levels, I have officially SOLD MY SOUL TO THE DEVIL and made a silly Donkey Kong knock-off stage. It's really basic, you don't have to try it. I have written the title in CAPS so hopefully people will click on it. This is like post-1975 Bee Gees.
DONKEY GONG!! F19D-0000-003B-B35E

I suspect that most people who play your levels will do so through the 100 Mario Challenge. Purely because that's the easiest way to play the levels. So I don't think the level title matters that much. What's more important is whether or not the person gets to the end of the level and thinks "wow, that was fun/cool/unexpected".

There's also probably a reasonable explanation for why harder levels tend to get less stars. If the level is harder then less people are going to clear it. If they can't clear it they can't give it a star.

SuperWiiU

skywake wrote:

There's also probably a reasonable explanation for why harder levels tend to get less stars. If the level is harder then less people are going to clear it. If they can't clear it they can't give it a star.

You can give a level a star by pressing start and clicking on the star, so you don't need to clear it.

skywake

SuperWiiU wrote:

skywake wrote:

You can give a level a star by pressing start and clicking on the star, so you don't need to clear it.

Well I didn't know that though I still stand by my point more generally. The option to give a level a star is far more prominent once you've cleared it. And if you're playing the 100 Mario challenge you won't see the option if you skip a level in frustration.

Budda

SuperWiiU wrote:

skywake wrote:

Speaking of which. I really appreciate when people give my level a star even though they didn't or can't beat it.
It's a quick thing when they give it a star at the end, but that they think about going to the pause menu before skipping the level in the 100 Mario challange is another thing.(I assume they played the level through the mode. Can't imagine they can find my level in the menu somewhere.^^")

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Rexcalibr

MasterWario wrote:

@Rexcalibr I've got 43-ish stars with 8 levels. I'm so close!

skywake wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

How any stars do you guys have?

I'm sitting on 27 in total from 8 levels. 14 of which are for the first level I uploaded

Oh, I guess I'm doing pretty well for myself for having 33 in just three levels. (well I have 4 now but I just made the 4rth one a few hours though).

Please check out my Ludwig Airship level.

Untitled

Rexcalibr

VanillaLake

@MasterWario Thanks for replying, very few people do. I'm asking about Super Mario Maker-World physics because Super Mario World physics are the best physics in the series, and if they are watered-down in Super Mario Maker my interest is not high enough. One of the reason why I don't really like New Super Mario Bros. series is this very issue.

This game is crying out for a demo version.

Edited on by VanillaLake

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

Robot_Raccoon

Hey guys, second course I've made- let me know what you think.

7E3A-0000-0039-DF35

Tip: the vines are your friend

Robot_Raccoon

bezerker99

Hey gang!

No new tools unlocked for me on Monday. I've been playing the game exclusively since Friday. The last thing that unlocked were the SMB3 tools and that was on Sunday. The only thing that showed up yesterday were Notifications telling me who had played my levels and such.

I thought new tools were supposed to be unlocking daily for 9 days? Did I not play the game enough yesterday or something???

bezerker99

Smitherenez wrote:

@bezerker99: Maybe you haven't used all the new tools? After doing that and creating for a while the game will notify you that the next shipment is underway.

Thanks, I will make sure I'm using them all. I wasn't aware that I had to use them all, I figured no matter what I did new tools would be unlocking daily. I'm the only gamer on the planet who isn't in a complete rush to unlock all the tools, I was willing to wait out the 9 days for them....but looks like you still have to use all the tools.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.