Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 DLC (official nintendo store)

Posts 301 to 307 of 307

DefHalan

DestinyMan wrote:

I just think amiibos better be used in a very interesting way, because now they cost $12-$13 and are officially more than the DLC packs.

Nintendo themed MOBA... then whatever else happens in other games is just extra lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

Octane wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I just think amiibos better be used in a very interesting way, because now they cost $12-$13 and are officially more than the DLC packs.

Again, you shouldn't look at them as DLC. If you do, you'll be very dissappointed, because I don't think they're going to offer the same experience as DLC does. They look similar to the Skylanders figurines, but to assume that they'll take on the same role is unreasonable. Take Super Smash Bros. for example, amiibo is not going to act like DLC in that game, they're interactive toys, eh, figurines. It's a neat collectable for you to look at, and one that can also interact with several of your games.

As for the price, you'll be paying mostly for the figurine itself. Good looking figurines are usually pretty expensive.

also it wouldn't make sense for figures to be used for DLC as I buy a figure once then any game that supports it I would get DLC for. Rather than them making $12 off just Mario Kart DLC they make $12 (minus production for the figures) for DLC in Mario Kart, Smash, Yoshi, Captain Toad, Mario Party and whatever else uses Amiibo

unrandomsam

DefHalan wrote:

Octane wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Again, you shouldn't look at them as DLC. If you do, you'll be very dissappointed, because I don't think they're going to offer the same experience as DLC does. They look similar to the Skylanders figurines, but to assume that they'll take on the same role is unreasonable. Take Super Smash Bros. for example, amiibo is not going to act like DLC in that game, they're interactive toys, eh, figurines. It's a neat collectable for you to look at, and one that can also interact with several of your games.

As for the price, you'll be paying mostly for the figurine itself. Good looking figurines are usually pretty expensive.

also it wouldn't make sense for figures to be used for DLC as I buy a figure once then any game that supports it I would get DLC for. Rather than them making $12 off just Mario Kart DLC they make $12 (minus production for the figures) for DLC in Mario Kart, Smash, Yoshi, Captain Toad, Mario Party and whatever else uses Amiibo

Yeah but as long the figure gives less than 50% of a game's worth of content in total its a worse deal. (Say 10% for 5 games then it becomes about the same as the MK8 DLC).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Octane

DestinyMan wrote:

So suggest some good ideas that would justify amiibo for Mario Kart 8, please.

It depends on what satisfies you. I already said that I think amiibo is going to behave very similar to SSB in Mario Kart 8; something along the lines of a ghost character that keeps track of either your time, or a strong AI that acts as a rival, keeping track of its own time. There are many possibilities. amiibo is probably going to add some features to the game, but it isn't going to unlock any new content.

Octane

DefHalan

DestinyMan wrote:

So suggest some good ideas that would justify amiibo for Mario Kart 8, please.

For Mario Kart they could do something similar to Smash, saves an A.I. player that gets better as you race it. It could also add some decales to your kart, so you can show off what figure you have while Online. The problem is that Amiibos are going to be working on a large range of games in a lot of different ways. So you shouldn't try justifying an Amiibo purchase base off 1 game's use of it. I am getting just about every Amiibo compatible game announced so far, so the wide range of uses that each game could hold is what is drawing me towards the figures.

mateq

Anyone knows, if I buy Mario Kart DLC on one nintendo network ID, will it be playable on another one on the same console?
Cause UK pricing seems to be cheaper than Polish and I don't feel like collecting all the coins and unlocking new stages again from the begining...
Can someone check if you can use colorful Yoshis/Shy guys on different nintendo ID on the same console please? That'd help a lot!

mateq

3DS Friend Code: 3282-3229-9799 | Nintendo Network ID: mamusko

Scary_Old_Lady

mateq wrote:

Anyone knows, if I buy Mario Kart DLC on one nintendo network ID, will it be playable on another one on the same console?
Cause UK pricing seems to be cheaper than Polish and I don't feel like collecting all the coins and unlocking new stages again from the begining...
Can someone check if you can use colorful Yoshis/Shy guys on different nintendo ID on the same console please? That'd help a lot!

Games do, so DLC will almost definitely work. There is at least a 99% chance of it working.

Train Simulator Reskins: http://superalbs.weebly.com/ ;)

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0038-1854

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.