Forums

Topic: Does the Kinect-less Xbox One mean anything for the Wii U?

Posts 101 to 120 of 250

kyuubikid213

@blaisedinsd
You do understand that making a SKU without the GamePad is...
Nevermind. Forget it.
Untitled

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

theexxs

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Some games (Nintendo Land, Wii Fit U, Zombi U, Lego City Undercover...) will not be playable though. Even Super Mario 3D world for those levels... they will have to update each game even if a small part only uses the game pad. That will be really difficult.

Did anybody actually enjoying blowing on to their GamePad for certain levels Super Mario 3D World?

I really actually did. It's the small things that make the experience truly amazing. I still can't get over how Phantom Hourglass used the DS's clamshell as part of an actual puzzle.

Also, blowing on the GamePad and seeing the in-game characters, coins, and trees react to it is great. Anyone who doesn't enjoy that...well...I dunno.

Exactly, it's cool and "different". The ninja-themed levels, where you have to "open" the doors are also cool, same as the Captain Toad levels, they really make the game feel more "complete".

theexxs

Nintendo Network ID: alugox | Twitter:

skywake

this thread was always going to go there

Untitled

Untitled

woah

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

NinjaWaddleDee

They should keep the gamepad, but add in a pro controller too. Make the console 300 dollars, and bundle with MK8. Insta sales!

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

bubble_bear

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Some games (Nintendo Land, Wii Fit U, Zombi U, Lego City Undercover...) will not be playable though. Even Super Mario 3D world for those levels... they will have to update each game even if a small part only uses the game pad. That will be really difficult.

Did anybody actually enjoying blowing on to their GamePad for certain levels Super Mario 3D World?

I really actually did. It's the small things that make the experience truly amazing. I still can't get over how Phantom Hourglass used the DS's clamshell as part of an actual puzzle.

Also, blowing on the GamePad and seeing the in-game characters, coins, and trees react to it is great. Anyone who doesn't enjoy that...well...I dunno.

Blowing on the controller is a feature I would be happy to never ever ever have to do again. It looks dorky as hell to anyone witnessing the act, and it just feels like a cheap novelty trick. Next up: "Sit on your gamepad and it will make fart noises!" WiiUppee cushion.

bubble_bear

dumedum

gage_wolf wrote:

Blowing on the controller is a feature I would be happy to never ever ever have to do again. It looks dorky as hell to anyone witnessing the act

Not really. I remember playing multiplayer with someone and we were in that level that requires it (I didn't know you can do it on regular levels too), and he was shocked. In fact, he couldn't believe me, thought I was joking, and was pretty excited. It looks really hi-techy in its novelty to observers.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

blaisedinsd

I just don't understand why the idea of a budget SKU with no gamepad is an idea that so many posters take as a personal insult. It is not the same thing as abandoning the gamepad entirely.

It's a good idea and Wii U software since launch has ignored the gamepad more and more. The pro controller is actually pretty dang good and it's a shame it is not more functional and it's silly to force the use of the gamepad for no actual reason.

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

Jazzer94

dumedum wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

Blowing on the controller is a feature I would be happy to never ever ever have to do again. It looks dorky as hell to anyone witnessing the act

Not really. I remember playing multiplayer with someone and we were in that level that requires it (I didn't know you can do it on regular levels too), and he was shocked. In fact, he couldn't believe me, thought I was joking, and was pretty excited. It looks really hi-techy in its novelty to observers.

Its a novelty feature no more no less (definitely not high tech), its really only useful for trolling in 4 player.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Jmaster

blaisedinsd wrote:

I just don't understand why the idea of a budget SKU with no gamepad is an idea that so many posters take as a personal insult. It is not the same thing as abandoning the gamepad entirely.

It's a good idea and Wii U software since launch has ignored the gamepad more and more. The pro controller is actually pretty dang good and it's a shame it is not more functional and it's silly to force the use of the gamepad for no actual reason.

The problem is, making a 'budget SKU' w/o the GamePad would have the same effect as dropping it out entirely. As in, it'd be sold separate, divide the user base and turn the WIi U into an underpowered console with little to no online functionality and zero 3rd party support. Keeping the Gamepad bundled in a separate SKU wouldn't change that, as everybody would buy the one without it. If they'd buy it in the first place.

Jmaster

blaisedinsd

Jmaster wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

The problem is, making a 'budget SKU' w/o the GamePad would have the same effect as dropping it out entirely. As in, it'd be sold separate, divide the user base and turn the WIi U into an underpowered console with little to no online functionality and zero 3rd party support. Keeping the Gamepad bundled in a separate SKU wouldn't change that, as everybody would buy the one without it. If they'd buy it in the first place.

I disagree. But if you are right it is only even more reason that they should make it optional. If all demand for the gamepad goes away if it becomes optional than clearly the gamepad was a problem that was hurting the consoles business. Wouldn't you agree?

Blind love of the gamepad and it's concept is not a business reason to cling to mandatory inclusion of the device.

SW-7087-5868-6390

DefHalan

blaisedinsd wrote:

I still don't think Wii U needs a mandate to move towards or away from motion control. One of the great things about Wii U is the variety of control options available and how Wii accessories are backwards compatible. You can still do motion and now traditional controls are also supported more than they were on the Wii.

'

@blaisedinsd
Believes the Wii U shouldn't have the GamePad, but loves the Wii U for a variety of control methods... is anyone else confused?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

dumedum

Jazzer94 wrote:

dumedum wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

Its a novelty feature no more no less (definitely not high tech), its really only useful for trolling in 4 player.

Well like I said my experience varied. The guy was super excited about it. No smartphone uses that and it looked super cool and hi techy to him, and I can understand why.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

MikeLove

dumedum wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

dumedum wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

Well like I said my experience varied. The guy was super excited about it. No smartphone uses that and it looked super cool and hi techy to him, and I can understand why.

If your buddy was excited about seeing you blow onto a piece of plastic, you should really mess with his mind by showing him one of these! He will think you are a god!

Untitled

MikeLove

blaisedinsd

DefHalan wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

I still don't think Wii U needs a mandate to move towards or away from motion control. One of the great things about Wii U is the variety of control options available and how Wii accessories are backwards compatible. You can still do motion and now traditional controls are also supported more than they were on the Wii.

'

@blaisedinsd
Believes the Wii U shouldn't have the GamePad, but loves the Wii U for a variety of control methods... is anyone else confused?

Never said that. Heck, I don't even want to get rid of the classic controller or balance board.

Once again I see the mind boggling inability to comprehend that giving consumers a choice of a budget SKU that is gimped and can not play the entire Wii U library is not the same thing as getting rid of the gamepad. Yes, it boggles my mind.

I simply think it is the intelligent business move to make with the console while the counter point is "NOOOOOO my precious gamepad will die if it is not forcibly sold to everyone who want's to play Mario Kart 8".

What we have is a myriad of well thought out reasons why it makes sense vs. a bunch of irrational blind gamepad love (worship?) obscuring the ability of those infected with it to see reason.

And besides the gamepad is used 90% as a pro controller anyway......

The reality is you wouldn't care if they sold a no gamepad SKU anymore than you cared about them selling a 2DS. You only think you would care.

And I do love my gamepad and am glad it was mandatory at launch....I just think circumstance dictates action to help the struggling console that has struggled to make the gamepad relevant.

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

MikeLove

@blaisedinsd

The other funny (sad?) thing is that when the pro-gamepad crowd talks about a Wii-U without it, they show how little faith they actually have in the system and refer to it as an underpowered console with no third party support and no reason for existing.

MikeLove

blaisedinsd

KennyPowers wrote:

@blaisedinsd

The other funny (sad?) thing is that when the pro-gamepad crowd talks about a Wii-U without it, they show how little faith they actually have in the system and refer to it as an underpowered console with no third party support and no reason for existing.

Agreed......Kenny Powers is awesome too.

I wonder if that crowd has tried the pro-controller at all.....

SW-7087-5868-6390

Ryno

Heck, I am convinced. Sell the darn without the GamePad and let's see if the sales pick up.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

unrandomsam

Then mandate it for Zelda and sell it separate at a big markup. They sell them separate in Japan anyway.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Action51

KennyPowers wrote:

@blaisedinsd

Who are these mythological people?

People who are 'pro-gamepad" will generally only talk about a Wii U without a gamepad when the topic of an article or forum thread is something about a Wii U without a gamepad...and even then they are almost always speaking in the purely hypothetical, or adamantly stating they DON'T want a Wii U without the gamepad.

Way to invent a group of people from thin air.

and refer to it as an underpowered console with no third party support and no reason for existing.

Now that's just copy and pasted from any Nintendo-hater post, or console war kid, or astro turf forum troll on any major click-bait gaming website.

Action51

MikeLove

Action51 wrote:

KennyPowers wrote:

@blaisedinsd

Who are these mythological people?

People who are 'pro-gamepad" will generally only talk about a Wii U without a gamepad when the topic of an article or forum thread is something about a Wii U without a gamepad...and even then they are almost always speaking in the purely hypothetical, or adamantly stating they DON'T want a Wii U without the gamepad.

Way to invent a group of people from thin air.

and refer to it as an underpowered console with no third party support and no reason for existing.

Now that's just copy and pasted from any Nintendo-hater post, or console war kid, or astro turf forum troll on any major click-bait gaming website.

The fourth post on the first page of this thread states this, genius.

As well, this statement has been made many times by other pro-gamepad people on this site in comments and forum posts. I'm sure other people have seen these as well. People buy Nintendo consoles for their quality software, yet a few people believe the Wii-U would have no value if it weren't for the gamepad. A gamepad-less Wii-U would be attractive to consumers who would like to play Nintendo software but have no interest in using/owning the under utilized gamepad.

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii-u/what_does_nintendo_h...

Here's a thread where many Nintendo fans share the same viewpoint I mentioned before. The 10th, 11th and 20th posts on the first page say the same thing, and I'm sure if I bothered to look for more examples, I would find them too.

P.S. Looks like your attempt to discredit me backfired much like your 'it's a two pronged conspiracy' thread did!

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.