Forums

Topic: Does It Bother You That Capcom is not making an HD Remake Of RE 1 For Wii U?

Posts 121 to 140 of 177

SCRAPPER392

Chrono_Cross wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

That's not the problem with the discussion here, though. Again, it's the reasons WHY. We can say it won't sell all we want, but understanding WHY it will or will not sell or can or cannot be produced, is part of the situation.

You're looking too far into it to the point where you're not making considerable points.

It's the install base. Capcom has been looking far into it and have come to the conclusion that, no, REHD will not sell here. Giving Revelations' poor performance, the Capcom is making a wise decision. It's not about the game pad or the remake's history, it's about Nintendo's established install base. Nintendo fans do not, have not, and probably will never support third parties.

It is still part of it, though. My other point was that people don't buy Nintendo for 3rd parties, even when it has them. Why didn't people buy a Game Cube for Tales of Symphonia, Viewtiful Joe, REmake, etc?

Why didn't PS2 owners buy a second console for Xbox or GCN exclusives? The exact same scenario has always played against Nintendo(and even Xbox, to an extent), whether they had 3rd party support or not. Why did people buy PS2 when Xbox had the better online system? All these questions arise from saying Nintendo never had 3rd party support, because the PS brand wouldn't even be the way it is without PS2, in which case, it was outclassed in multiple areas, but was still the most successful, so hopefully you can understand why some of us aren't willing to say certain things matter when the past has proven otherwise.

Case in point: GCN had 3rd parties, Xbox had better online, and people STILL bought PS2 over both of those consoles.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

kkslider5552000

Marketing and momentum are more significant than a lot of other things (especially game quality) and people need to realize this and should have realized this when pre-FFX PS2 utterly destroyed the Dreamcast

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Chrono_Cross

Playstation 2 had more exclusives and better third party support than Nintendo's GameCube.

But, yeah, if you want to believe your folktale, you can. If you need me, I'll be over there. In reality.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

SCRAPPER392

All I got to say, is that if PS4 owners went back in time to 2000, they probably wouldn't have bought a PS2.

Qwest

CaviarMeths

SCAR392 wrote:

All I got to say, is that if PS4 owners went back in time to 2000, they probably wouldn't have bought a PS2.

Why not? The PS2 was a great console.

And a few years into their lifespans, you could pick up a PS2 for $200 and a Gamecube for $100. What a great time to be a gamer, circa 2004-ish. 2 current-gen consoles with great exclusive libraries for less than the price of one PS4/XBO now, both of which have (so far) a weak exclusive library.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Chrono_Cross

Considering its selling point at the time, they wouldn't have much of a choice.

Just for you.

8BitSamurai

CaviarMeths wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Why not? The PS2 was a great console.

And a few years into their lifespans, you could pick up a PS2 for $200 and a Gamecube for $100. What a great time to be a gamer, circa 2004-ish. 2 current-gen consoles with great exclusive libraries for less than the price of one PS4/XBO now, both of which have (so far) a weak exclusive library.

Untitled

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

CaviarMeths

It was a price comparison. Including the Xbox would have put the cost over a PS4/XB1.

Plus SCAR was trying to say that people wouldn't have bought a PS2 over a Gamecube, to which I say, why not both? The price was right. But yeah, why not all 3 works too.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SCRAPPER392

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Considering its selling point at the time, they wouldn't have much of a choice.

What? DVD? Xbox had DVD, too. It really comes down to consumer awareness, if you ask me.

@CaviarMeths
I know PS2 is a great console with lots of games, but based on todays society that graphics, power, and online being a key factor, PS2 probably wouldn't have done as well as it did, hence, less games and support.

@8bitsamarai
Whatever, dude. Xbox wasn't even that bad. It had better online and multiplats than PS2. That's why anyone who goes back to see what makes a console successful would know that things can go either way. None of this "PS4 wins by default" BS.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

CaviarMeths

SCAR392 wrote:

@CaviarMeths
I know PS2 is a great console with lots of games, but based on todays society that graphics, power, and online being a key factor, PS2 probably wouldn't have done as well as it did, hence, less games and support.

The PS2 was heavily marketed on all three of those factors. Final Fantasy X having "lifelike" graphics and full voice acting was a huge deal at the time, and then FFXI with its online play went on to be Square's most profitable game ever.

The PS2 was actually marketed pretty much the same way the PS4 is being marketed now, as "the best place to play." After the PS2's success as a DVD player though, PS3 was marketed on "it only does everything," because Sony thought that what people wanted was a machine that could replace all the other machines in their living room. It being an all-in-one machine, plus the total domination of PS2 in Gen 6, gave them the confidence to slap it with a 600 dollar sticker price at launch. It wasn't an immediate success and only managed to turn around sales when Sony relaunched with the slim and a price drop, so Sony went back to marketing the PS4 the same way it marketed the PS2. Power, graphics, online, and games (games forthcoming...).

kkslider5552000

This is more proof that some time between the Ps3 and 4 launches the Microsoft and Sony marketing teams switched minds like Freaky Friday or something.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

kkslider5552000 wrote:

This is more proof that some time between the Ps3 and 4 launches the Microsoft and Sony marketing teams switched minds like Freaky Friday or something.

I was just thinking that... Before this year's E3, the XB1 was being marketed exactly how the PS3 was in 2006/2007.

8BitSamurai

SCAR392 wrote:

@8bitsamarai
Whatever, dude. Xbox wasn't even that bad. It had better online and multiplats than PS2. That's why anyone who goes back to see what makes a console successful would know that things can go either way. None of this "PS4 wins by default" BS.

Um, you know I was defending the Xbox, right? I was just enjoying mine earlier, actually.

MAB

It's a shame that Sony didn't stick to its slim policy though

Untitled

MAB

SCRAPPER392

8BitSamurai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@8bitsamarai

Um, you know I was defending the Xbox, right? I was just enjoying mine earlier, actually.

Ok, well your post wasn't very clear. It was just a picture of an Xbox with a frown face.

Qwest

8BitSamurai

SCAR392 wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@8bitsamarai

Ok, well your post wasn't very clear. It was just a picture of an Xbox with a frown face.

I wuz sad cuz he was including the PS2 and GameCube, but not the 'Box

Chrono_Cross

SCAR392 wrote:

What? DVD? Xbox had DVD, too. It really comes down to consumer awareness, if you ask me.

Not in the year 2000.

Just for you.

OptometristLime

kereke12 wrote:

The same for me I don't own a Wii U yet bc I'm having problems at the moment I only have a Wii & 360. But it would be nice if Nintendo got it bc I have no plans in getting "next-gen".

f-f-for real, I don't want to believe it...

Untitled

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

SCRAPPER392

Chrono_Cross wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Not in the year 2000.

So what? People waited an extra year for Xbox One and PS4, but it wasn't because of bluray.

Qwest

Chrono_Cross

You're comparing the DVD format of the Playstation 2 to the Blu-Ray format of the Playstation.

Not only are we missing a Playstation, but almost everyone who wants a DVD/Blu Ray player, has one.

Why reason with you, though? You're just going to type a poorly explained reason why Nintendo and Microsoft are better than Sony in an effort to persuade someone (This excludes myself. You will never persuade me). No matter what is said about why the Playstation 2 was massively popular will convince you otherwise. Your fairy-tale dimension is plagued with utter ignorance and stubbornness to a sickening degree.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.