Forums

Topic: Watch_Dogs for all systems

Posts 321 to 340 of 444

arnoldlayne83

Octane wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

@Octane

The other post I quoted was about the conspiracy. Your post was about the idea that if 3rd Party companies made money off of "crappy" ports then the Wii U would just continue to get "crappy" ports which isn't true. We saw with the PS3 that once they started making money off of ports that had performance issues they started to put more money into PS3 development and the PS3 became an important console in that generation. For some reason the other two console owners are willing to support "gimped" ports but Wii U owners won't. Rayman Legends was "gimped" on the other systems but sold very well, so well they are porting the ports to PS4/Xbone, if I remember correctly. I bet those versions will sell well even though those consoles are getting it much later than Wii U is getting Watch_Dogs

Still, that doesn't explain away the fact that Watch_Dogs is the inferior version, yet most expensive when it'll arrive. My problem with Ubisoft is that they know that the Wii U version is gimped, and they still price it at $60. The price wouldn't be a huge problem, but it is when they point their finger to the Wii U userbase and tell them that they're not getting any games anymore; because we don't buy their overpriced gimped games.

I couldn't care less which gimped port sells well on the PS4 or Xbox One, I'm not going to buy a lazy port in the hope that one day we will get a proper game. If you want to sell your game to me, make sure it is right the first time around.

Forgive my ignorance, but why you say is a gimped port? Cos the dlc is missing?

Edited on by arnoldlayne83

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

Xyphon22

Just saw on Best Buy's Black Friday ad that Watch Dogs will be $30. It specifies XBox One but also says other systems available, so maybe the Wii U version will only be $30 about a week after release, you know, if you are willing to risk being trampled to death to get it.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

DefHalan

@Octane
Watch_Dogs is$60 on other consoles (not counting used, as used is always cheaper and that money doesn't go to the publisher) Right now all that is missing in the Wii U version is the DLC. It might turn out more is missing but that is all we know right now. Congrats on having the money to buy every system on the market so you never have to buy a port and can get all the eexclusives, most people can't do that.

@Xyphon22
That is one heck of a sale. Probably won't be the permanent price drop. Depending on the wording I bet they would have to give that sale to Wii U also.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Octane

arnoldlayne83 wrote:

Visually not as impressive, although impossible on the Wii U, I think still no reason to charge the same.
No support from Ubisoft themselves; no DLC.
More expensive than any of the other versions.

Even though you'd also have to wait for the Wii U version; once it's out, it's the inferior version.

DefHalan wrote:

@Octane
Watch_Dogs is$60 on other consoles (not counting used, as used is always cheaper and that money doesn't go to the publisher)

I can get a new copy of Watch_Dogs for £19.99 (PS$ & Xbox One), even less for the PC version: £17 ($27).

Edited on by Octane

Octane

jump

Octane wrote:

arnoldlayne83 wrote:

Visually not as impressive, although impossible on the Wii U, I think still no reason to charge the same.
No support from Ubisoft themselves; no DLC.
More expensive than any of the other versions.

Even though you'd also have to wait for the Wii U version; once it's out, it's the inferior version.

DefHalan wrote:

@Octane
Watch_Dogs is$60 on other consoles (not counting used, as used is always cheaper and that money doesn't go to the publisher)

I can get a new copy of Watch_Dogs for £19.99 (PS$ & Xbox One), even less for the PC version: £17 ($27).

There's a difference between RRP and the price it's on sale for, I have always paid at least £10 less than RRP for games on their release day.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

crimsoncavalier

I completely disagree that buying the crap companies like Ubi toss at us will eventually make them take their Wii U games seriously. It won't. It will just let them know they can get away with selling us crap, and we'll buy it. What needs to happen is that 3rd party games that are well made sell well, and then companies will see that if you make a good game, it will sell. For example, Hyrule Warriors. 3rd party made and published (depending on region), and while no official numbers exist, word is the game sold very well.

Why companies can't see that is beyond me. Make a good game, and gamers will buy it. Like I said, I earn my money, and I refuse to spend it on crap in the hopes that eventually they'll stop feeding me crap and finally let me have real games. It's stupid to think that way.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

DefHalan

Then why do those same games sell well on other systems? How did the 3rd Party quality improve on PS3 when it originally was getting poor quality ports? Why is it when there has been a quality 3rd Party game on Wii U it hasn't sold very well? A lot of this equals to a lot of Wii U owners only buying 1st Party. Most people that talk about getting 3rd Party on Wii U did it after those games sold terrible and could be bought cheap. Why would a company that released a quick port to test the market not put more effort in to get more sales if their quick port was profitable? Why would a company put more money into Wii U development if those consumers were interested in your game before? The easiest way to get 3rd Party games on Wii U is to buy 3rd Party games.

faint

DefHalan wrote:

Then why do those same games sell well on other systems? How did the 3rd Party quality improve on PS3 when it originally was getting poor quality ports? Why is it when there has been a quality 3rd Party game on Wii U it hasn't sold very well? A lot of this equals to a lot of Wii U owners only buying 1st Party. Most people that talk about getting 3rd Party on Wii U did it after those games sold terrible and could be bought cheap. Why would a company that released a quick port to test the market not put more effort in to get more sales if their quick port was profitable? Why would a company put more money into Wii U development if those consumers were interested in your game before? The easiest way to get 3rd Party games on Wii U is to buy 3rd Party games.

i will not pay full price for a late port with missing features. are you telling me the only way to get good 3rd party support is to buy bad ports or let myself get ripped off? get out of here.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

SCRAPPER392

DefHalan wrote:

We saw with the PS3 that once they started making money off of ports that had performance issues they started to put more money into PS3 development and the PS3 became an important console in that generation. For some reason the other two console owners are willing to support "gimped" ports but Wii U owners won't. Rayman Legends was "gimped" on the other systems but sold very well, so well they are porting the ports to PS4/Xbone, if I remember correctly. I bet those versions will sell well even though those consoles are getting it much later than Wii U is getting Watch_Dogs

The situation was different for PS3, though. Xbox 360 was similar enough to PS3, at a current standard. Standards have gone up, and Wii U still isn't getting the older standard. PS3 was getting high standard games from Xbox 360, and now Wii U is barely getting anything from a standard that has since changed. If Wii U was competing with Xbox 360 and PS3, 7-8 years ago, you'd have a point, but now we're already moving onto 8th gen, which is the main part of the mix that you missed, which is the difference between both situations.

The Xbox 360 and PS3 were also getting ports from a forward system, not vice versa. Rayman Legends wasn't "gimped" on Xbox One and PS4. The type of graphics Rayman Legends had would have been that way on Xbox One and PS4, even if the game would have never been on Wii U. The only change that happened was exclusiveness. I don't get it, Rayman was released on all of the platforms at once, I think you're mixed up somewhere.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Ryu_Niiyama

DefHalan wrote:

@Octane
Watch_Dogs is$60 on other consoles (not counting used, as used is always cheaper and that money doesn't go to the publisher) Right now all that is missing in the Wii U version is the DLC. It might turn out more is missing but that is all we know right now. Congrats on having the money to buy every system on the market so you never have to buy a port and can get all the eexclusives, most people can't do that.

Watch dogs hasn't been sixty bucks for a while. I'm not paying 60 bucks for a game that is 6 months late with nothing to make up for the wait. I did consider getting it for Wiiu since I had issues with the PC version but no dlc access either? yeah no thank you ubisoft.

EDIT: Watch dogs is still 60 new. However it can easily be found heavily discounted.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Punished_Boss_84

So the Wii U version is still a thing?

Stealthy, that doesn't fit in with this franchise.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

DefHalan

@faint
Sorry, but if you want 3rd Party games on Wii U then you need to buy 3rd Party games on Wii U. By not buying 3rd Party games on Wii U the main message you are sending to 3rd Parties is that you don't want their games. It doesn't matter what condition they are in the 3rd Party companies won't see the audience on Wii U if they are not making money off the Wii U audience.

@SCAR392
The Wii U isn't even getting 360/PS3 games that the Xbone/PS4 are getting so in a way the Wii U is competing against all 4 machines currently. The Wii U is more similar to the older machines then the newer ones, but the newer consoles are getting support because people actually buy 3rd Party games on them. If 3rd Party games weren't selling on Xbone/PS4 then they would probably slowly lower support until they reach a spot they could profit at or drop support until the install base grew.
The gimp I am talking about with Rayman Legends was the missing features, mainly the Second Screen gameplay. I heard rumors that a Vita might be able to provide that second screen experience for the PS4 but never heard confirmation. The PS4/Xbox One versions might be out now but they weren't released at the same time as the Wii U, if I remember correctly.

@Ryu_Niiyama
The normal price for Watch_Dogs is $60. Stores may have sales, just like they may have sales for the Wii U version but the normal new price is $60 for all consoles.

faint

DefHalan wrote:

@faint
Sorry, but if you want 3rd Party games on Wii U then you need to buy 3rd Party games on Wii U. By not buying 3rd Party games on Wii U the main message you are sending to 3rd Parties is that you don't want their games. It doesn't matter what condition they are in the 3rd Party companies won't see the audience on Wii U if they are not making money off the Wii U audience.

@SCAR392
The Wii U isn't even getting 360/PS3 games that the Xbone/PS4 are getting so in a way the Wii U is competing against all 4 machines currently. The Wii U is more similar to the older machines then the newer ones, but the newer consoles are getting support because people actually buy 3rd Party games on them. If 3rd Party games weren't selling on Xbone/PS4 then they would probably slowly lower support until they reach a spot they could profit at or drop support until the install base grew.
The gimp I am talking about with Rayman Legends was the missing features, mainly the Second Screen gameplay. I heard rumors that a Vita might be able to provide that second screen experience for the PS4 but never heard confirmation. The PS4/Xbox One versions might be out now but they weren't released at the same time as the Wii U, if I remember correctly.

@Ryu_Niiyama
The normal price for Watch_Dogs is $60. Stores may have sales, just like they may have sales for the Wii U version but the normal new price is $60 for all consoles.

actualy that tells them they can continue to sell me crappy games. if you make an effort like deus ex and bayonetta i will buy your product week one. i will never buy batman origins or watch dogs. be a sucker as long as you want.

[email protected]

SCRAPPER392

@DefHalen
Rayman Legends came out on all platforms within 5 months of each other, so I guess you're right, but it still sold the most on Wii U, which is probably why Ubisoft's original goal was to have it exclusive. They knew the audience was there. The entire reason why it got delayed for 7 months, in the first place, was because Microsoft has the close release date rule. The Wii U version was delayed by 7 months. Watch Dogs was delayed 5 months. Either way, Wii U has still gotten later release dates, because of Xbox, even if the goal was alot sooner.

The reason why Rayman got delayed, was because of Xbox support, The reason why Watch Dogs got delayed, was because of Wii U hardware difference.

I totally agree with you that Watch Dogs is probably one of the best 3rd party deals that has been out there, without the DLC, but our discussion included other 3rd party games; not just Ubisoft. Wii U owners got the short end of the stick for Rayman, and arguably less so for Watch Dogs, but it was all because of Xbox. So Xbox One got Rayman a year after it was SUPPOSED to come out on Wii U, and Wii U is getting Watch Dogs 5 months after it was supposed to come out on Wii U. I guess they really think the GamePad makes that much of a difference, but there are still going to be people that won't buy the game on Wii U, because of delays and missing DLC, which are primarily Xbox and PS gamers. Considering Wii U entered the type of market Xbox and PS havem they still need to be able to utilize the GamePad and enhance value. It's either or, and it needs to be both.

So pretty much the differences between Wii U and Xbox One is what's going on here. A lot of my point revolves around the fact that Wii U could be appealing to more than just Nintendo fans, if it had GamePad AND whichever features, so now people are stuck deciding between DLC or GamePad. This rings especially true for buyers that are buying after the fact that Watch Dogs is on all platforms.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

faint

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen
Rayman Legends came out on all platforms within 5 months of each other, so I guess you're right, but it still sold the most on Wii U, which is probably why Ubisoft's original goal was to have it exclusive. They knew the audience was there. The entire reason why it got delayed for 7 months, in the first place, was because Microsoft has the close release date rule. The Wii U version was delayed by 7 months. Watch Dogs was delayed 5 months. Either way, Wii U has still gotten later release dates, because of Xbox, even if the goal was alot sooner.

The reason why Rayman got delayed, was because of Xbox support, The reason why Watch Dogs got delayed, was because of Wii U hardware difference.

I totally agree with you that Watch Dogs is probably one of the best 3rd party deals that has been out there, without the DLC, but our discussion included other 3rd party games; not just Ubisoft. Wii U owners got the short end of the stick for Rayman, and arguably less so for Watch Dogs, but it was all because of Xbox. So Xbox One got Rayman a year after it was SUPPOSED to come out on Wii U, and Wii U is getting Watch Dogs 5 months after it was supposed to come out on Wii U. I guess they really think the GamePad makes that much of a difference, but there are still going to be people that won't buy the game on Wii U, because of delays and missing DLC, which are primarily Xbox and PS gamers. Considering Wii U entered the type of market Xbox and PS havem they still need to be able to utilize the GamePad and enhance value. It's either or, and it needs to be both.

So pretty much the differences between Wii U and Xbox One is what's going on here. A lot of my point revolves around the fact that Wii U could be appealing to more than just Nintendo fans, if it had GamePad AND whichever features, so now people are stuck deciding between DLC or GamePad. This rings especially true for buyers that are buying after the fact that Watch Dogs is on all platforms.

i think it's worse with watch dogs due to ubi cutting out all the online gameplay and online features

[email protected]

DefHalan

@faint
If the Wii U was profitable for 3rd Party then it would start to get some priority during development which would lead to better games. If you really think that even if the Wii U was profitable for 3rd Party we would continue to get the short end of the stick, then how do you explain the other systems getting the "better" versions anyway? If 3rd Party wanted to make terrible games and make money then that is what they would be doing but they aren't doing that.

EDIT: Actually Watch_Dogs eShop page says it does have Online Multiplayer. Everywhere I look for Wii U Watch_Dogs information recently only talks about the missing DLC. My arguments have been assuming Online is in, and that is why a lot of my comments say things like "if Online Multiplayer is in" and how I am "waiting for the NL review to see what Online Multiplayer is in and how the performance is"

@SCAR392
I am not saying people have to buy this game, or any 3rd Party games. I am saying that if people want more 3rd Party games on Wii U then they need to buy 3rd Party games on the Wii U. People don't have to do anything but if you want to keep complaining about a problem try to fix it. It is like people that complain about politics but don't vote. (in the marketplace money is basically your vote) If you aren't voting then you aren't trying to change anything. All that people need to understand is that no matter what condition a game is in (especially since patches can be made and released very easily, to keep people happy) if you don't purchase 3rd Party games on Wii U, whatever your reason is, the 3rd Party companies won't make money so they will be less likely to support that system. If 3rd Party games sold terrible on the Xbone or PS4 they would slowly start cutting back until they were profitable or until they dropped support all together. When 3rd Party companies start not selling well on all platforms then they try new things on their more successful platforms. It is just business.

Edited on by DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

@faint
According to the eShop, Watch Dogs will have online multiplayer, leaderboards, and game chat. The only thing we know is missing, is the DLC.

@DefHalen
The biggest reason 3rd parties are having trouble supporting Wii U, is hardware; not sales. Sales are part of it, but at the end of the day, hardware is still THE biggest hurdle 3rd parties have come to with Wii U. 3rd parties can support last gen PowerPC and ×86, because they already know how to use those, Wii U is technically the least known of everything, so it's harder to support.

Also, I have bought tons of 3rd party games on Wii U. From a personal perspective, they screwed over the people who DID buy them, to an extent. I have 12 3rd party games, and 8 1st party games. The games I have that were missing DLC, are CoD Black Ops II, CoD Ghosts, and Injustice. Then there is ME3, but I bought that used for $9, and understood that it wouldn't have DLC.
When I bought Black Ops II at launch, they said they were working on getting the full DLC out there for it. We found out later that that wasn't happening. The same thing happened to Injustice. They released DLC, but then it was overcharged and they ended up not including the last 2 characters, probably because no one bought their previously overpriced DLC. Ubisoft is coming out right away and saying Watch Dogs won't have DLC. There's a big difference between those situations.

If you're wondering how the Injustice DLC was overpriced. It cost $20 for the DLC bundle on Xbox 360 and PS3, but it cost a whopping $70 or so on Wii U, because all the items were unbundled. I didn't buy it, because of that, but that was after the fact that I had bought the game and expected the same treatment.

Qwest

VoodooTrumpet

SpookyMeths wrote:

Bigtime wrote:

Do we know what the Wii U version is lacking? Apart from any DLC.

Consumer interest?

Zing!

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

Soulfox

Got a subscribed e mail from Game and they are now advertising the game as Special Edition and Dedsec edition for about £47.99. The normal edition is about £42. This is a week after being told by store staff (see previous post) that they knew nothing about it. Anyway, reading the games descriptions, it does imply there is bonus content.

Soulfox

Spoony_Tech

My interest for the game has never gone away. I still really want this game but since its pretty much the last hardcore 3rd party title and it doesn't matter if I buy it at 60$ or 20$ I'll wait to show my support till 6 months from now. I think that sounds about right!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.