Forums

Topic: XBox 360 $100 Price Cut

Posts 1 to 20 of 54

Link6694

It has been posted in alot of places before, but the info in that article that im looking forward to is it is happening friday!

Good Job chicken!

Wii would like to review! :P

Modern_Legend

Brutus, so u were considering a 2nd console this whole time? you mischievous chicken lol Im also tied up between 360s and ps3s and which i should get too. im thinking of getting one, but like u im inching to a 360 for its games library, but the ps3 is such a good blu ray too and its slick.

PSN ID: MixedMajik
Wii Number - 5995 0961 9020 5722 SSBB - 1504 5385 8344 Mario Kart Wii - 5327 1326 6518 Bomberman Blast 5370 8314 4869 Water Warfare 5327 9207 9563 http://www.nintendoli...

deadly_by_design

I'm mainly a PC gamer, so I'd been avoiding the 360. Most anything I want to play is on the PC too, and I don't care about exclusives like Halo, etc. (Gears, yuck) On the other hand, I've friends with 360s and XBLA has some decent downloadables.

Edited on by deadly_by_design

deadly_by_design

clicketyclick

Please note that to sustain this price cut, they've removed the HDMI cable from the package (which is $50).

Also note that the failure rates with the new jasper chipset are greatly reduced. No RRoD.

Edited on by clicketyclick

Now Playing: Bioshock

KDR_11k

clicketyclick wrote:

HDMI cable (which is $50).

Really? I bought an HDMI cable off Amazon for something like 6€, why would you pay 50$ for one? That's a standard cable so you don't need any special console cables.

Raincoat whore!

gameking23

PS3 is now the better value. Unless you like Xbox exclusive games more than say PS3 exclusive. One thing I like about the PS3 now is it has Wifi built in and it is free to use the PSN. Plus Gran Turismo is on it so I will be getting a PS3 eventualy.

I rule when it comes to games. So deal with it.

Dezner

clicketyclick wrote:

Also note that the failure rates with the new jasper chipset are greatly reduced. No RRoD.

I wouldn't say no RRoD's at all, just greatly reduced.

Anyway, when the 360 that I'm "borrowing permanently" decides to crap out, and if money is plentiful at the time, I can see myself picking up an Elite for $299. By that time I'll probably have a few games in the queue to play.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

clicketyclick

@KDR - I'm just stating MS's official price of the item that they removed from the box.

It's not a true price cut for them, in other words. Well, more of a $50 cut.

@Dez - MS said RRoDs were solved with Falcon. Which means they were solved with Jasper.

Dezner

But, RRoD's are hardware failures, correct? It's mathematically possible every 360 can fail.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

clicketyclick

Naw, RRoD is a very specific type of failure. Different types of hardware failure are covered to different degrees and for different time periods by MS. Whether you get 3 red lights or 1 red light or whether you get disc scratches makes a whole world of difference in whether you'll get a free repair/replacement.

So yes, the RRoDs are solved, but there are a whole host of other ways the 360 can fail. (But of course, the rate of failure is much reduced with Jasper.)

Vendetta

If I were to pick up a second console, it would be a PS3. Firstly, with the new low price, it's just that much more of a value as Blu-ray player. Secondly, my brother has one and we could co-opt a game collection. Thirdly, the online is superior - if I'm not mistaken, and finally, Gran Turismo 5. That game just looks so-ho-ho sick.

Regarding RRoD, my buddy got one just last week on his first gen 360. All ready to send it in, he removed the drive and powered it up for ha-ha's. No RRoD. He reinstalled the drive and powered it on... still no RRoD and it worked fine again. He's got 'til November on his warranty, so he's gonna play it a LOT in the meantime to see if it comes back.

Vendetta

Ren

I'm kind of a Nintendo nerd and I've been pretty happy with my Wii, but occasionally I've had a chance with the other two and after a night at a friends playing Bioshock on a projector in HI-def, I was pretty much convinced I needed something more powerful for my single player game-fetish. I'm the only person my age (32) I know thats into video games, so the multiplayer stuff that makes the Wii so worth it doesn't get enough attention in my house.
Now that the 360 is cheaper, and I don't need a Blu-Ray player I'm that much closer to diving in and getting one, but the fail rate is still scary since it's still a big purchase for me. As it is my Wii just died and I'm paying $80 to have it fixed as we speak. So theres less risk of fail in one of the newest packages, right? I hear the online stuff is really great on xbox too, but theres like a yearly fee or something isn't there?
Normally I get a lot of game stuff used but I probably shouldn't get an xbox that way, huh?

Ren

Modern_Legend

@Ren Im pretty sure the other consoles have way more local multiplayer and online multiplayer games too. I really want a second console. I think its usually a case of what your friends have. More 360s push u to gettin that, more ps3s, get a ps3. For me my friends have wiis and just as much a 360, so if i want a 2nd console i shud lean to a 360, but really, the ps3 is much more appealing. Right now im trying to convince my parents to get a blu ray, i they eventually say yes, ill say whoa ps3 has internet, games, music, chatting...and BLU RAY lol

PSN ID: MixedMajik
Wii Number - 5995 0961 9020 5722 SSBB - 1504 5385 8344 Mario Kart Wii - 5327 1326 6518 Bomberman Blast 5370 8314 4869 Water Warfare 5327 9207 9563 http://www.nintendoli...

Ren

@DaDun: I know theres a lot of multiplayer on the other ones, it's just that if theres anything that I have a chance of playing with other non-gamers it's Wii games first. Many "casuals" or non-gamers are excited about playing Wiis (yes the marketing has worked) so people are a lot less uptight about hanging out and giving stuff a chance.
I'm ok with that cause I also have to have some of my favorite Nintendo classics and follow new stuff, but it'd be nice to keep up with some more intense single player stuff and Hi-def games. Seriously, most people I know will not touch video games unless it's a Wii and even then sometimes it only lasts a few minutes before they put it down like "thats neat, but I really can't theres just so many buttons and things". I know that sounds weird but it's true. Anyway, my new room mate has a Blu-Ray player already for movies and a lot of the good games are on both other systems plus that zombies in the Mall game is only 360 I think and I really want that (I know theres a Wii port but it looks like it pales in comparison)

Ren

odd69

I"m still gonna buy it. More than likely i will curse Microsoft out if i get a red ring. So are you guys saying if i change my harddrive i wont get a red ring?? i just want it for single player games. I will get toejam and earl first thing, and Fable 2.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Slapshot

If they ever drop the mid unit to 200 I might buy it for Xbox DLC games like Shadow Complex and maybe Fable 2.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

clicketyclick

Oh wow. MS is pulling a Ninty.

The price of the Arcade went up £30 in the UK and $30 in Canada.

Can't blame these on the economy, since the Canadian dollar is getting stronger against the US and Canada wasn't hit very badly by the recession.

Corbs

I still believe the Xbox 360 is the most well-rounded console out there right now, and this $100 price drop on the Elite makes it even more attractive. I see a lot of 360's flying off shelves this holiday season.

Plain old gamer :)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.